[QUOTE=mudy;8666060]
    Yeah to get calls it does

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE
    Hey if it's not trouble do u mind posting a how to video. Tc

Posted via CB10
    A how to video of what?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 11:43 PM
    Which version of Viber is this? 3.0.1.3?

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    Yes. 3.0.1.3 the latest version on the play store

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:53 AM
    Thank you Viber team! I'm very happy to be using a sideloaded version for now and can't wait til it goes native!

I'm just feeling sad for others who don't know how to get the sideload but as you can see, there's a really high demand for Viber on BlackBerry 10 & please ignore all the angry crackberrians who need anger management lessons =)

Hi everyone,

We have not disappeared - we're still right here, listening to our users' comments and requests, though in accordance with user demand, we decided to minimize our commenting here until we have concrete news about the upcoming release.

We are glad to hear that there is a user-based tutorial for side-loading, however - remember that we are working on a native BB10 app. This requires careful development and testing, working with RIM, and thinking about the future as well (assuring compatibility with new versions of BB OS, future BB10 devices, etc.)

Unfortunately we still don't have big news to share. Know that we're still on it, and we are aware of the great anticipation among our fans (we share this anticipation, as you can understand).

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.

Any news at all about Viber on BB10?-img_00000392.png

Posted via CB10
    tinker2000 likes this.
    06-17-13 09:45 AM
    i have sideloaded it works fine ..except i cant see my contacts..exactly like the sideloaded versions of whats app at first.unless they send me a message i cant see them.i can however send me txt and call but i have to manually type theri number
    06-17-13 11:13 AM
    I can't even get past the registration screen since I'm in the UAE, where Viber's blocked. Any word on helping your fans out here in the UAE?
    06-17-13 12:06 PM
    I can't even get past the registration screen since I'm in the UAE, where Viber's blocked. Any word on helping your fans out here in the UAE?
    Viber also got banned in Saudi Arabia... whatsapp will be banned within a month and skype will also be banned...

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:16 PM
    Viber also got banned in Saudi Arabia... whatsapp will be banned within a month and skype will also be banned...

Posted via CB10
    I dont think whatsapp will, because Mobily offers Whatsapp Packages, but who knows...

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:25 PM
    I dont think whatsapp will, because Mobily offers Whatsapp Packages, but who knows...

Posted via CB10
    http://www.arabnews.com/news/454997

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:41 PM
    We are examining ways of handling these blocks, but we don't have any official announcement yet. We are learning their nature, and seeing what can be done (if at all) to help our users in blocked countries.

If we have news, we'll fill you in.
    06-18-13 01:13 PM
    Well here's the video that I said I would upload and it works great! I've been using it all day!
    Can you tell me from where did you download the Viber apk file? I'm having trouble using it. When I searched for a name and click on it to make a call i get the following error. This happened on my Q10 running 10.0.1.4285 and on my Z10 running 10.1.0.2354

Any news at all about Viber on BB10?-img_20131217.png

Posted via Q10 from T-Mobile
    06-18-13 02:27 PM
    Hi everyone,

We have not disappeared - we're still right here, listening to our users' comments and requests, though in accordance with user demand, we decided to minimize our commenting here until we have concrete news about the upcoming release.

We are glad to hear that there is a user-based tutorial for side-loading, however - remember that we are working on a native BB10 app. This requires careful development and testing, working with RIM, and thinking about the future as well (assuring compatibility with new versions of BB OS, future BB10 devices, etc.)

Unfortunately we still don't have big news to share. Know that we're still on it, and we are aware of the great anticipation among our fans (we share this anticipation, as you can understand).

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.
    Are you working on making sure the version is compatible with Z10 and Q10 at the same time. Cause I sideloaded the version on both my Q10 and Z10 . ON Z10 it is working, but on the Q10 i think most of the screens are cut off. Like if I dial a number when the Dial Pad is opened, I can't see it and the results are not shown for me to choose from.
    Any news at all about Viber on BB10?-screen-1.png

And when I choose a name from the main screen I get the following error (I know it is not your fault now as it is a sideloaded version, but at least you make sure this doesn't happen with the native app)

Any news at all about Viber on BB10?-screen-2.png
    06-18-13 02:48 PM
    By the way I was able to get a viber apk version converted that actually runs in the back even if app is closed.

Posted via CB10
    anon(6015413) likes this.
    06-18-13 03:43 PM
    By the way I was able to get a viber apk version converted that actually runs in the back even if app is closed.

Posted via CB10
    Care to share from where you got it and do everyone a favor?!
    It's CrackBerry mate, where sharing the knowledge is our code of honor!

06-18-13 03:48 PM
    If you use the recent script that xsacha posted, your viber apk will run in the background. As long as it doesnt force close error.

I dont know if its just me, but my im using v2.3.6 and it works better for me than the latest version

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:05 PM
    If you use the recent script that xsacha posted, your viber apk will run in the background. As long as it doesnt force close error.

I dont know if its just me, but my im using v2.3.6 and it works better for me than the latest version

Posted via CB10
    3.2 works very good and runs in the back and you get hub notifications too.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:21 PM
    But the latest version is only 3.0.2 in android...

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:52 PM
    I'll try the latest as i know this has just been updated a couple of days ago. Although im a bit skeptic.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:54 PM
    Run in the background with the app closed? Unless you've found a miracle way that devs have not, then I don't believe this. BlackBerry hasn't released the api for headless apps...

Please post more if this is the case and ill be glad to eat my words

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 08:23 PM
    Sideloaded 3.0 using the new method and it works sooo smoothly (better than skype) not only that but it actually recognized all my contacts from my phone too!

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    06-18-13 08:40 PM
    Guys don't just brag about the app working on your phone.

Help others out and specify the website you downloaded the apk from so we can all try it. Is that soo hard to do??

06-18-13 10:13 PM
    But the latest version is only 3.0.2 in android...

Posted via CB10
    Here is a screen shot showing that I am running 3.2 and I am confirming once again that it runs in the background and it utilizes hub notifications. Used sasha's method to convert and sign the 3.2 apk which you guys can look up on Google (that's what I did).
    Any news at all about Viber on BB10?-img_00000491.png

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 10:18 PM
    Here is a screen shot showing that I am running 3.2 and I am confirming once again that it runs in the background and it utilizes hub notifications. Used sasha's method to convert and sign the 3.2 apk which you guys can look up on Google (that's what I did).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000491.png 
Views:	1511 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	173702

Posted via CB10
    Ummmm.... Your screen shot says 3.0.2 lol
    noelito4three likes this.
    06-18-13 11:13 PM
    Run in the background with the app closed? Unless you've found a miracle way that devs have not, then I don't believe this. BlackBerry hasn't released the api for headless apps...

Please post more if this is the case and ill be glad to eat my words

Posted via CB10
    It basically uses the same script as skype. Try and see for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 11:58 PM
    Any news at all about Viber on BB10?-img_00000523.png

Any news at all about Viber on BB10?-img_00000522.png

Sideloaded latest viber version. Still crashes on me and i must say the v2.3 works better than this. Im a pretty heavy viber user so my tests might be different than of you

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:02 AM
    Guys don't just brag about the app working on your phone.

Help others out and specify the website you downloaded the apk from so we can all try it. Is that soo hard to do??

This is the one I downloaded which works flawlessly, smoothly, and integrated with my contacts

http://www.androiddrawer.com/10734/d.../#.UcFGM5pMXHw

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    06-19-13 12:54 AM
573 ... 1112131415 ...