The above posts are correct that the side loading method works. But it is device specific so you must do the work yourself. We can post a bar file but it won't work on your devices. Either way , a working viber for z10 is here!!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 12:56 PM
    I downloaded apk, converted to bar, signed the bar, and sideloaded to no hope. Guess I'm missing the Pin part. Where is this thread?

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    The thread is on Android side loading section of the BlackBerry 10 Hub. Worked well for me..

Any news at all about Viber on BB10?-img_00000241.png

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 03:43 PM
    The thread is on Android side loading section of the BlackBerry 10 Hub. Worked well for me..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000241.png 
Views:	1676 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	172526

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Followed it. It doesn't work.

If you want instructions on side loading, look at one of my old posts. I did a writeup for the Mac

06-15-13 07:25 PM
    So let me get this straight... We had a Viber representative that was communicating with interested CB members and some members chose to p1ss them off? Can I ask why and what possible reason these members thought it was justifiable? Come on guys.. If you're impatient with their progress or simply not interested.. Ignore the f'n thread!

I'm not particularly interested in Viber but will definitely give it a go when they release but driving away app developers does help anyone. Shame on you guys... Please act more mature if you're interested in BB regaining their position in this market.. If not go to a site that works for you. Pathetic

To the Viber rep:. Please ignore some of the members.. There are many more that are interested in your app and your progress. Please continue to update us and use the ignore function for those that continue with their immaturity.
    NimmyxHuynh likes this.
    06-15-13 07:58 PM
    So let me get this straight... We had a Viber representative that was communicating with interested CB members and some members chose to p1ss them off? Can I ask why and what possible reason these members thought it was justifiable? Come on guys.. If you're impatient with their progress or simply not interested.. Ignore the f'n thread!

I'm not particularly interested in Viber but will definitely give it a go when they release but driving away app developers does help anyone. Shame on you guys... Please act more mature if you're interested in BB regaining their position in this market.. If not go to a site that works for you. Pathetic

To the Viber rep:. Please ignore some of the members.. There are many more that are interested in your app and your progress. Please continue to update us and use the ignore function for those that continue with their immaturity.
    Who and where are you citing from? When was this??

06-15-13 11:03 PM
    Nope. Followed it. It doesn't work.

If you want instructions on side loading, look at one of my old posts. I did a writeup for the Mac

Worked for me in the first try! Screenshot shown in my post above..

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 11:11 PM
    Worked for me in the first try! Screenshot shown in my post above..

Posted via CB10
    Yep. I also got the boot screen like in other posts, but there is no such API that would allow any BlackBerry pin to be interfaced to any Android app.

Sorry to rain on your parade buddy, but I happen to port Android apps
    06-15-13 11:14 PM
    You can download the latest Viber apk file from www.1mobile.com
    It worked well for me

Posted via Q10 from T-Mobile
    06-16-13 12:19 AM
    It works I've been using it on my Z10 since I got the method to work.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:50 AM
    It works I've been using it on my Z10 since I got the method to work.

Posted via CB10
    I've downloaded what is supposedly the latest viber apk, converted it, signed it, and side loaded it using blackberry-connect.

I assure you I didn't load past the splash screen.
    06-16-13 12:54 AM
    I've downloaded what is supposedly the latest viber apk, converted it, signed it, and side loaded it using blackberry-connect.

Follow the steps mentioned in the thread that talks about side loading any android app. It works like a charm. Viber works well, just that for incoming calls, it has to be open in a active frame

Any news at all about Viber on BB10?-img_00000243.png

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 02:19 AM

It works for me as well.

Any news at all about Viber on BB10?-img_00000014.png

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Any news at all about Viber on BB10?-img_00000013.png  
    06-16-13 09:38 AM
    Viber, please intergrate it into the hub.
    06-16-13 12:11 PM

Well here's the video that I said I would upload and it works great! I've been using it all day!
    06-16-13 12:38 PM
    Well here's the video that I said I would upload and it works great! I've been using it all day!
    Does it need to be in active frame?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    06-16-13 12:43 PM
    Does it need to be in active frame?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah to get calls it does

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:50 PM
    If BlackBerry users can make it work with an hour of work I'm sure the Viber team could have released something by now...

I really don't get the reason for such long delays on existing ( more or less) software... I realize Viber will be native when it's released but how much work could that be?

Anyhow thanks to all for posting useful info here on how to port the android version.

Posted via CB10
    Deathcoffin likes this.
    06-16-13 01:30 PM
    Who and where are you citing from? When was this??

Just read the posts from pages 7 to 10 and you'll get the gist of what I'm talking about. No more updates from the Viber rep.
    06-16-13 02:00 PM
    MIndless and petty people on this forum have basically stopped Viber from communicating. Its annoying and totally uncalled for
    06-16-13 03:14 PM
    Follow the steps mentioned in the thread that talks about side loading any android app. It works like a charm. Viber works well, just that for incoming calls, it has to be open in a active frame

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000243.png 
Views:	1846 
Size:	406.7 KB 
ID:	172746

Posted via CB10
    Which version of Viber is this? 3.0.1.3?

06-16-13 03:23 PM
    Hi everyone,

We have not disappeared - we're still right here, listening to our users' comments and requests, though in accordance with user demand, we decided to minimize our commenting here until we have concrete news about the upcoming release.

We are glad to hear that there is a user-based tutorial for side-loading, however - remember that we are working on a native BB10 app. This requires careful development and testing, working with RIM, and thinking about the future as well (assuring compatibility with new versions of BB OS, future BB10 devices, etc.)

Unfortunately we still don't have big news to share. Know that we're still on it, and we are aware of the great anticipation among our fans (we share this anticipation, as you can understand).

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.
    06-16-13 03:59 PM
    Hi everyone,

We have not disappeared - we're still right here, listening to our users' comments and requests, though in accordance with user demand, we decided to minimize our commenting here until we have concrete news about the upcoming release.

We are glad to hear that there is a user-based tutorial for side-loading, however - remember that we are working on a native BB10 app. This requires careful development and testing, working with RIM, and thinking about the future as well (assuring compatibility with new versions of BB OS, future BB10 devices, etc.)

Unfortunately we still don't have big news to share. Know that we're still on it, and we are aware of the great anticipation among our fans (we share this anticipation, as you can understand).

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.
    I know you mentioned you are working alongside RIM to (I assume) ensure hub integration, are you finding that RIM is stalling you at all? I ask because with bbm along with voice and video going cross platform sometime during the summer, it would likely be in their best interest to restrain another competitor (viber) from furthering themselves in the market.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 07:26 PM
    I know you mentioned you are working alongside RIM to (I assume) ensure hub integration, are you finding that RIM is stalling you at all? I ask because with bbm along with voice and video going cross platform sometime during the summer, it would likely be in their best interest to restrain another competitor (viber) from furthering themselves in the market.

Posted via CB10
    Careful. That's saying BlackBerry is shooting itself in the foot.

BBM voice is different than viber and viber allows dialing.

06-16-13 09:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dude first of all there is no RIM it's BlackBerry, and BlackBerry is not slowing vibers development. The reason it is slow as they had mentioned before is there really low man power I think it would be safe to assume that it's probably one or two devs tops that are developing the app. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 10:26 PM
    [QUOTE=BryanVilla;8663616]Yeah to get calls it does

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE
    Hey if it's not trouble do u mind posting a how to video. Tc

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 11:17 PM
573 ... 1011121314 ...