Thanks for the clarifications made by the viber reps. However, I must say that the fact that a free communication app has an Israeli affiliation of some sort is a little sketchy.... just saying.

Posted via CB10

so are there any other countries you'd not buy an app from or only one tied to isreal?

Viber if indeed you do have ties to isreal kudos to you and i'm installing you in my android devices today and BB devices as soon as I can
    05-10-13 05:02 AM
    Well. They're just banned in middle east and I was told and found some blog posts they were banned due to the fact that their management has ties to the military and government. This is the same as Huawei being banned to do deals in USA due to Chinese government ties. So it s a legitimate question and I don't give a damn how you feel about it.

Their responses actually been very reasonable and class act and I have more respect for them due to these responses.

I'm still weary of Israel ties, but I think I got all the answers I need. Thanks viber team.

Posted via CB10
    Banned in the Middle East? What are you talking about, the app? Because my mom uses Viber in Saudi Arabia and so does my colleague on his S3.

If there is a country that would ban Viber (or any app) due to political reasons, then it would be here.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 05:37 AM
    We're working as fast as we can. Naturally it's also our great interest to release it.
    We are in advanced levels of development and testing, and we want to make sure that we release a fully working app.

Hopefully we'll have news soon.
    bluetroll, blu4, LazyEvul and 2 others like this.
    05-10-13 02:46 PM
    Woot I have a feeling it'll be done when the Q10 hits the US =)?

We're working as fast as we can. Naturally it's also our great interest to release it.
    We are in advanced levels of development and testing, and we want to make sure that we release a fully working app.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 11:24 PM

Nope, this sentence means they are nowhere close to ready, hence hopefully and soon.
    05-11-13 04:04 AM
    @viber, is (or was) your CEO part of Israel secret service or military?

I think that's the main issue not origin of the company. There's a lot of evidence floating round that your CEO is somehow part of the government hence all the bans across middle east.

Posted via CB10
    Just wanna put it out there, but why is it that the only things that get boycotted are ones that won't cause to much inconvience?
    Collecting personal information an issue? Android much?
    Like Steven Hawkins publicy announcing his boycott of Israel, when it was the Israeli intel team that made it possible for him to speak.
    Surely he should stop using that as well if he feels so strongly? Isn't that rather hypocritical?
    Israel is on the forefront of technological development, that's a fact, you'd be suprised how much originates there that you didn't know, if you are objective, you can't simply ignore that.
    Did you know BBM voice and video are also banned/blocked in the middle east?
    What is the reason for that?
    I think it's more about looking at the country in question and all of the bans/blocks they impose, than being the first to devour a conspiracy theory.
    All that said I'm not advocating for either side, so there's no need for anyone to begin verbal abuse, just trying throw a bit of reasonable logic out there

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Last edited by MiSsY_; 05-11-13 at 05:24 AM.
    Anubhav Nagpal likes this.
    05-11-13 04:53 AM
    Cannot wait for the application to hit the App world. Eagerly waiting @viber
    05-11-13 05:21 AM
    I dont care about BBC or CNN or cnbc news now. Awaiting viber teams news sooonnnn...dear viber send some headlines.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:38 PM
    We need your application viber, plz come fast

Posted via CB10
    andre20100 likes this.
    05-11-13 03:41 PM
    Everyone is getting restless, viber, tease us please.

Sent from my WhiteBerry Z10
    05-11-13 04:04 PM
    Our release and work on Viber Desktop does not affect our continuous work on our BB10 app.
    We're still working vigorously to complete it as soon as we can, after making sure it fully works.

We'll keep you posted when we have news.
    Viber + Vigorously = warp negative speeds

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 04:27 PM
    Dear viber,
    We have got official version of skype now. We don't understand why viber is so slow and believe in turtle speed fir Z 10. Buck up.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:31 AM
    All,

We've explained in the past, and we'll do it again - trust us, there is no logical reason for us to 'purposely' delay the release of the completed app. We are working as fast as we can, within our limited resources (remember - our size is not Skype's size).

We will do our best to give you news and/or teasers, once we have them. At the moment, we're still in the process of development and testing.
    nighthawks, Chriz, sakin13 and 3 others like this.
    05-13-13 08:39 AM
    Geez people you have to be a bit patient here. Give Viber some credit here... we all know they have limited resources (and revenue) and yet they're creating an app for us. Geez... making software is not as simple as frying eggs on a pan!.

What would you want, a rushed and spoiled cake or a slow but well-built cake
    bluetroll, ErinnM, riv and 3 others like this.
    05-13-13 11:08 AM
    I think Viber is commendable for their active participation. Viber has the patience of a saint in this forum.

We are getting a cross platform native app, they could easily have given us a port. Please let them do the right thing, development takes time.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Viber likes this.
    05-13-13 12:38 PM
    Geez people you have to be a bit patient here. Give Viber some credit here... we all know they have limited resources (and revenue) and yet they're creating an app for us. Geez... making software is not as simple as frying eggs on a pan!.

What would you want, a rushed and spoiled cake or a slow but well-built cake
    Agreed!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 06:00 PM
    We're thrilled that the app is being made native. Much thanks. It'll be worth the wait
    Viber likes this.
    05-13-13 09:48 PM
    I live in Dubai and yes the viber man is right, Skype is indeed banned in most of the middle east. VOIP is banned to be precise. Nothing to do with Israel

That said, there are always workarounds.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 10:03 PM
    Props to Viber for how they are handling this thread. Can't wait for the app!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 12:51 AM
    Actually, Skype has just. Ein un banned in the uae. And now has an official app that's working on my z10. Pretty sure after a bit that BlackBerry voice and video will soon follow. Could have used viber before, now it's just mehh...
    A Day late and a Dollar short.

Z10 Rocking 10.1.0.273
    05-14-13 01:18 AM
    Viber #1

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 02:04 AM
    Glad viber is native, take your time and make the experience for us bb10 user smooth.

Posted via CB10
    Mohammed Salam and Viber like this.
    05-14-13 03:58 AM
    Dear viber,
    We have got official version of skype now. We don't understand why viber is so slow and believe in turtle speed fir Z 10. Buck up.

Posted via CB10
    And Skype is being criticized for being an Android port. Can't win around here. Viber is writing a native app, so it takes longer. You really can't understand that? I think they are doing the right thing. In the long run, it will not matter that one came out a couple of months before the other. People will use whichever works better.

It amazes me how many insults are flung around on this site at companies for not developing an app fast enough for the privileged ones here. They are officially working on it, and are decent enough to offer a presence in these forums in the meantime. Wait, or use the Android ported Skype if it is so great, but I see no reason why the Viber team should not be shown some respect.
    BB12MX and mediadavid like this.
    05-14-13 05:46 AM
    so are there any other countries you'd not buy an app from or only one tied to isreal?

Viber if indeed you do have ties to isreal kudos to you and i'm installing you in my android devices today and BB devices as soon as I can

but why u are so happy .... they will give money for what u said !! lol
    05-14-13 07:13 AM
    reading this thread makes me think that half of this forum is populated by spoiled, immature children who have had everything handed to them the moment they open their mouths. props to viber for handling this so patiently and so professionally. can't wait to see the viber app in BBW.
    jhimmel, asipos, BB12MX and 2 others like this.
    05-14-13 09:22 AM
573 ... 34567 ...