Hi,
    Any news of when viber coming to Z 10?
    Its now full version available on os 7.
    Will along with official release of 10.1?
    Any experience with side loading?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 04:36 PM
    It's rumored to be available by the end of the month. I don't know for sure.

Posted via CB10
    roostlick likes this.
    04-26-13 04:43 PM
    Who cares? Skype is coming soon and that's what I care about.

Besides some have found that Viber is an espionage app made by Israeli's secret service to spy on people. Not sure how true that is but there's something fishy about it. There's no proper contact info on it, management profile, where are they based out of (servers in Cyprus) and how in the world they can offer free everything for this long? It's banned in quite a few countries now.

Posted via CB10
    hadigunawan likes this.
    04-26-13 04:46 PM
    That sounds interesting and news to me. Thanks for information, though doesn't make difference to us for routine use. Viber too is a great app like Skype, and i m eagerly waiting. I am sure many in this forum are also keen to get it asap. Isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 04:59 PM
    Interesting. I read an article today that viber allows you to bypass combination locks on all android phones. I didn't think much of it until now. Ummmm

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 05:06 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I am an official representative from Viber here in Crackberry. I'm here to help

Our BB10 app is currently in advanced levels of development and testing, and we hope to bring you news soon. Note that the wait for our BB10 app will not be nearly as long as the wait for the update for the current version was.

@sosof -

We have already fixed this security glitch, immediately after it was discovered. The fixed version is available for download in our website: http://download.viber.com/viber.apk
    04-27-13 02:11 PM
    Viber is more popular than Skype in our location

Posted via CB10
    hobbyboy#CB and salamakal like this.
    04-27-13 02:17 PM
    Thanks for the info, looking forward to Viber on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Viber, TrueKulcha and annon91221 like this.
    04-27-13 02:25 PM
    Hi everyone,

Our BB10 app is currently in advanced levels of development and testing, and we hope to bring you news soon. Note that the wait for our BB10 app will not be nearly as long as the wait for the update for the current version was.

@sosof -

We have already fixed this security glitch, immediately after it was discovered. The fixed version is available for download in our website: http://download.viber.com/viber.apk
    Is the link for Z10?
    Thanks
    04-28-13 09:23 AM
    Hi everyone,

@sosof -

Just noticed the download extension ends in .apk. Does this mean it will be an android port ?
    janosdios likes this.
    04-28-13 09:30 AM
    I'm excited with Viber coming to Bb10...... :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 09:38 AM
    The viber dude only posted the link to the android apk that had its security flaw fixed not a BlackBerry 10 version

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 09:48 AM
    Just noticed the download extension ends in .apk. Does this mean it will be an android port ?
    No it is Just a Android apk for someone Who asked for it .. z10 Will get native

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 09:49 AM
    To me viber really handled this wrong. They could have capitalized on skype no show and release the product, in their process get all skype users of BlackBerry 10. But skype finally showed up

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) and trynacu2 like this.
    04-28-13 11:14 AM

Besides some have found that Viber is an espionage app made by Israeli's secret service to spy on people. Not sure how true that is but there's something fishy about it. There's no proper contact info on it, management profile, where are they based out of (servers in Cyprus) and how in the world they can offer free everything for this long? It's banned in quite a few countries now.

Posted via CB10
    who cares?? May be you don't care. But a lot of people do care. Viber is very important for me. Thats the only reason I have an android backup phone.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    04-28-13 11:18 AM
    To me viber really handled this wrong. They could have capitalized on skype no show and release the product, in their process get all skype users of BlackBerry 10. But skype finally showed up

Posted via CB10
    Skype is a port...viber is native... so viber is the winner here

Posted via CB10
    annon91221 and TrueKulcha like this.
    04-28-13 12:24 PM
    Skype is a port...viber is native... so viber is the winner here

Posted via CB10

Exactly how is viber a winner here?? By having an administrator on here constantly saying "coming soon"

When the viber administrator can point me to the download link then we have a winner.
    sosof and martan1981#WN like this.
    04-28-13 12:40 PM
    Quick question for Viber reps here: will the app need access to lots of permissions - e.g. GPS location, text messages, pictures etc?

All i really want to give any app like this access to is internet connection for my voip calls.
    04-28-13 01:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Clearly OP cares so how about you show a little respect and actually contribute

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 03:33 PM
    The link we provided is the app for the older devices (the beta version with call).
    We are working hard on bringing our fans the BB10 app. We know how much it's anticipated, and trust us - it's also a huge interest of ours to have it ready as soon as possible. But we have to make sure it is fully tested and working before it's released, and this is something that takes time (considering the fact we don't have endless resources).

We don't believe we constantly said "coming soon". We've been here mostly to answer general questions, feature questions, and plans of ours.

@AlexBC -
    Espionage app? "Israel's secret service"? What?

Viber is based in Cyprus with development facilities in Israel and Belarus. Servers are all over the world, but the ones storing the data (the "database") are in the US

Israel is the source of many high-tech startups and (very) respected companies, some of whose technology you are using on a daily basis. It is not our wish to advocate for Israel in anyway, just to place it in its right place in the technological world

@vjvj -
    We are not yet sure which features will enter our first release of our BB10 app. The permissions will be accordingly. But as a general note, we intend to bring most (if not all) of the features from Viber on iOS and Android to our BB app eventually. So yes, that includes locations services, etc.
    04-28-13 03:41 PM
    It's nice seeing a rep for a bug name app post in the forums. Do you have an estimates date of release?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 04:40 PM
    @viber, thanks for representing here and working on BB10.

Also for clarifying some of the unknowns about your company. I'm just curious why are you banned in many countries in middle east (I don't care I'm in Canada) and why in the world there's no profile about the company, management, or even your location anywhere?

Just doesn't seem forthright. Maybe you don't want the stigma associated with it, but still I think people rather know.

At any rate. Glad you're working on a BB10 app.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:49 PM
    @rango10 -

Our BB10 app is currently in advanced levels of development and testing, and we hope to bring you news soon. Note that the wait for our BB10 app will not be nearly as long as the wait for the update for the current version had been.

@AlexBC -

You'll be surprised, but the reason Viber is blocked on many Arab countries is mainly not because of where Viber is located, but rather because Viber hurts the revenues of local mobile operators. Whereas in Europe and other Western countries simply banning VoIP is illegal, there is no problem imposing such harsh regulations in those countries, and hence Viber (and Skype, and Whatsapp) are often blocked.

Regarding info about Viber - we don't think we even hid anything. It's not like we're intentionally hiding information about ourselves. On the contrary, in the past year we've been giving more and more interviews, explaining who we are, where we are located, etc.

This is our CEO, Mr. Talmon Marco: Interview: Talmon Marco, CEO – Viber | Mobile World Live
    (Nice to meet you )
    I invite you to run a quick Google search, and you'll find numerous interviews with him, talking and sharing information about our company, our employees, and our plans
    04-29-13 10:56 AM
    @rango10 -

Our BB10 app is currently in advanced levels of development and testing, and we hope to bring you news soon. Note that the wait for our BB10 app will not be nearly as long as the wait for the update for the current version had been.

@AlexBC -

You'll be surprised, but the reason Viber is blocked on many Arab countries is mainly not because of where Viber is located, but rather because Viber hurts the revenues of local mobile operators. Whereas in Europe and other Western countries simply banning VoIP is illegal, there is no problem imposing such harsh regulations in those countries, and hence Viber (and Skype, and Whatsapp) are often blocked.

Regarding info about Viber - we don't think we even hid anything. It's not like we're intentionally hiding information about ourselves. On the contrary, in the past year we've been giving more and more interviews, explaining who we are, where we are located, etc.

This is our CEO, Mr. Talmon Marco: Interview: Talmon Marco, CEO – Viber | Mobile World Live
    (Nice to meet you )
    I invite you to run a quick Google search, and you'll find numerous interviews with him, talking and sharing information about our company, our employees, and our plans
    Thank you Viber rep for explaining clearly. I cannot imagine a day without Viber. It is very very important for me, and others like me who has tons of friends overseas. The call quality is top notch and the service is reliable. Now the wait for BB10 is the hardest thing. I just keep checking CrackBerry and BBWorld just for Viber App. Will the app show up in the next few days, or weeks? At least please release a preview version soon, I know I am not being patient enough
    04-29-13 07:39 PM
    It's their loss. There's Skype now and it works really well!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:07 PM
573 123 ...