The calendar app on bb10 is very basic. I can't find any good ones in BlackBerry World, are there any?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:45 PM
    Well the calendar app is synced with my email acct. I wouldn't want to use another third party app for that and have to keep a separate calendar. Is that what you want to do?
    08-04-13 09:19 PM
    I would. I don't have anything synced at the moment. I really find the native calendar exceptionally basic...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:27 PM
    What do you mean by basic? What else would you like it to do?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:40 PM
    The alarms suck, you can only have 1 and you can't customize them much at all. You can't add tasks to the calendar, many apps allow you to have calendar and tasks all in one. You have to click on the actual date to see what event you have on that particular day. You can't change colors depending on the type of calendar event, etc etc etc.

The calendar adds events and that's that. It is extremely basic and more functionality would be nice. Am I the only one that thinks this? I find it extremely weird that there are 0 option in BlackBerry App World for different calendar apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:48 PM
    No you are not the only one. . I too would like something more customizable.

I can't remember what I used to use on my torch, I gave up looking honestly, but you could do everything with it...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:52 PM
    Sorry it doesn't meet your needs. I really like that it can automatically show me the LinkedIn profile of the people I'm meeting with as well as the associated emails for that event.

I also like that I just pull down from my hub messages to see my events for today and tomorrow without even opening the calender. You can set different reminder alarms for different events and have multiple calendars appear all together in one day view.

I also like how in the monthly view the day numbers get larger the busier I am that day for a quick glance feel for my busiest days.

Those things don't seem basic to me. As far as tasks I use Remember app or other 3rd party task apps that integrate with the calendar.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:16 PM
    I don't understand the issue on the alarms. The calendar reminder or phone alarm?

Third party apps can integrate the Tasks with the Calendar, like Lazy List.

The one thing missing is an Agenda view. Or at least I can not find one.

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-05-13 04:17 AM
    I agree that the calendar app is basic, in that the views are not very good, and it is one of the reasons why I am holding off moving to the Q10 from my 9900. There is no weekly view which enables you to see what is going on in a week without constantly scrolling up and down (apparently), and no monthly view which allows you to view a day without going in and out of the monthly view. a 7 cell weekly view is now a standard offering in iOS7 alternative calendars.

It was always thus with Blackberry calendars. At least with my 9900 I can use Rococal, which makes the calendar much more usable. There is also PocketInformant, which provides much better views. I note that Calengoo and Jorte have offerings in Blackberry World for BB10, but they don't seem to have attracted good reviews.

So I look forward to a better offering with more usable views. If anyone knows of any, I too would be pleased to hear about them!
    08-05-13 04:36 AM
    PocketInformant! That's what I used to use.... I loved it, and really hope it comes to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 05:31 AM
    PocketInformant! That's what I used to use.... I loved it, and really hope it comes to bb10.

yup i used that on my iphone before this. much more functionality.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:02 AM
    Guys watch a demo video as your info is incorrect.

1. Yes there is agenda view and also a people view for the attendees and their LinkedIn profile. You select it from the top date bar.

2. Yes there is both a weekly view and monthly view. And if you pull down from monthly you get a 4-6 month view.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 08:29 AM
    Thanks, found the Agenda view but not what I was expecting. I was hoping for a list of calendar entries for the next week or the next ten entries. Something like that.

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-05-13 11:07 AM
    Thanks, found the Agenda view but not what I was expecting. I was hoping for a list of calendar entries for the next week or the next ten entries. Something like that.

Posted from my Zed 10
    I don't follow. It shows you all your upcoming entries by day. Across the top are all the other days of the week..
    Just keep swiping across to move across each day's agenda.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:13 PM
    the point is, there are ZERO quality alternatives in the BB App World... ZERO... there's a few period reminder calendar apps, and that's it. kinda weird.

the native calendar app may be ok for some people, but i'm pretty sure there are quite a few more who would like something more robust.
    CMcRob likes this.
    08-05-13 04:23 PM
    The alarms suck, you can only have 1 and you can't customize them much at all. You can't add tasks to the calendar, many apps allow you to have calendar and tasks all in one. You have to click on the actual date to see what event you have on that particular day. You can't change colors depending on the type of calendar event, etc etc etc.
    I agree.
    A more capable business calendar is needed.

The calendar adds events and that's that. It is extremely basic and more functionality would be nice. Am I the only one that thinks this? I find it extremely weird that there are 0 option in BlackBerry App World for different calendar apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:30 PM

Agree.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:32 PM
    PocketInformant would be awesome in BB10. Having different colors for different events, actions is what makes a calendar work for me. Also, snooze option on the fly like the old OS's would be great. When I have 5 reminders pop up, I don't wan to snooze them all to 15 minutes or whatever. I loved the old OS's gave you the 1 minute to 60 minute option for each individual reminder.
    08-12-13 11:41 PM
    I just found and installed CalenGoo. It is everything you are looking for. I missed this functionality tremendously. It is a port but works well and looks fantastic. Well worth the money!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-13-13 10:28 AM
    With the last 10.2 leak and the 10.2.810 android player, Calengoo run sufficiently well (it was laggy with the 10.1 OS), moreover it allows to download from google all your events (mine start from about 2001, when I bought my first handheld a Palm m125). I tried also Jorte, but I was not satisfied with it.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 04:22 PM
    Not sure if this is a 10.2 thing, but if you view month view in landscape mode (Z10 only obviously), it shows what on each day to the right of the month as you tap each day.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 01:37 AM
    I toss my hat in for Pocket Informant, but seems they won't touch BB with a 100 yard pole. Do they even support WinMo (8) anymore?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 01:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    How/why do you need 2 alarm? I mean shouldn't you use the alarm for waking up, and use the calendar for other notifications?

What do you want to customize on the alarm? Background images? Different colours? Different tones (this you can change obviously)?

In case you want to wake up at different hours, the alarm is so easy to set that you only need to drag the red dot on the clock instead of keying in hrs:mins manually.

I mean what do people want to customize on the calendar? Is it more about the interface or something else?
    08-17-13 02:53 AM
    This deserves to be said more on this forum...
    You're an *****. Just because you don't see or understand why, does not mean the fact doesn't exist. I hate to break it to you, but there are many things in this life that you do not know or ever will understand that you do not know.

Why would someone need more than one alarm?? Let's see... hmmmm... they wake up at different times on different days? Gee, that was hard to figure. Some people have irregular schedules. This is where you would say, "well change the alarm, with the easy to use red dot". But that is fine if you remember to do so - otherwise, forget and you fail to meet your schedule.

Most of the issues mentioned were legitimate but it should be stated that many of them are resolved in 10.2

BTW, that lovely red dot will easily get moved while swiping if you're not careful...

I hate to rant... actually no I don't, as most of you on here are deserving of it. I do avoid the forums like the plague, but google brought me here. But surely, no answers were found here to my questions. Just typical CB frustrations.

How/why do you need 2 alarm? I mean shouldn't you use the alarm for waking up, and use the calendar for other notifications?

What do you want to customize on the alarm? Background images? Different colours? Different tones (this you can change obviously)?

In case you want to wake up at different hours, the alarm is so easy to set that you only need to drag the red dot on the clock instead of keying in hrs:mins manually.

I mean what do people want to customize on the calendar? Is it more about the interface or something else?
    08-20-13 07:32 PM
    I feel your pain, some people (on here...this thread) expect their needs to be the same as everyone else. And 10.2 is not out yet. Just because some choose to use a leak (that is full of bugs and voids your warranty) doesn't make it a reasonable solution. I also really like the color coded entries of pocketinformant. I think when 10.2 comes out and Remember is integrated with notification options, that will be a step in the right direction, but sure do wish pocketinformant or something similar would surface.

This deserves to be said more on this forum...
    You're an *****. Just because you don't see or understand why, does not mean the fact doesn't exist. I hate to break it to you, but there are many things in this life that you do not know or ever will understand that you do not know.

Why would someone need more than one alarm?? Let's see... hmmmm... they wake up at different times on different days? Gee, that was hard to figure. Some people have irregular schedules. This is where you would say, "well change the alarm, with the easy to use red dot". But that is fine if you remember to do so - otherwise, forget and you fail to meet your schedule.

Most of the issues mentioned were legitimate but it should be stated that many of them are resolved in 10.2

BTW, that lovely red dot will easily get moved while swiping if you're not careful...

I hate to rant... actually no I don't, as most of you on here are deserving of it. I do avoid the forums like the plague, but google brought me here. But surely, no answers were found here to my questions. Just typical CB frustrations.
    08-20-13 07:56 PM
40 12