07-05-14 02:52 AM
81 ... 234
tools
    Thanks Alex. Glad it worked out for you.
    Actually my code is directly based on Farebot to interact with the card. I would never have known how to decode the information otherwise. The dev of Farebot is real cool and was nice enough to publish his well designed code. All props go to him and his contributors.

Typically the nfc enabled Sim is required only to use your phone in place of the card. For read-only type access, the data is there to be picked up - just a matter of interpreting it which is not necessarily straightforward.

Posted via CB10
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    08-26-13 11:12 PM
    @brott8 Is it possible to switch off the NFC from within the app? Right now, we can switch it on from within. Would be good if we could switch the NFC off from within the app after checking the ez link value.
    08-27-13 05:03 AM
    I think even easier would be an automatic timeout if that's at all possible? Like after 1 minute of inactivity it turns NFC off. But I don't think leaving it always on affects battery life much since its only on when the device is on and unlocked.

Sent from my XT890 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-27-13 07:07 AM
    The OS does not presently allow turning OFF NFC from the app - only on. I'm checking to see if there are any workarounds.

However. In the mean time, I have included direct access to the NFC system menu from the app (just click the overflow menu to the right from the ez-link tab - "NFC Settings").

Posted via CB10
    Alex_Hong and the_igg like this.
    08-28-13 02:54 AM
    Hi brott8, can't believe I'm only seeing this thread now considering I've been using your app for months! Firstly, love the app. I use it daily and prefer it over SG Buses as yours is a native app (kudos).

Some feedback that you could consider for the app:
    1. Could the wakeup screen be on the favourites tab instead of the Bus Stops tab? I have my favourites set up and always use that while GPS is usually turned off. One option is to have an option as to the wakeup tab when launching the app?

2. When I tap on Refresh for the timings an animation to indicate it is fetching data would be useful. It's not a necessity but sometimes I'm not sure if the timing didn't change or its not fetching data. (yes...I do constantly tap on the timings. OCD hahaha)

Thanks in advance for reading this and thanks again for developing the app and supporting the local BlackBerry community!

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    06-18-14 11:49 AM
    @yeohda, thanks for using the app. Really do appreciate your support. And my apologies for the delay in the reply. To be completely honest, I've left this on the back-burner for now. The #1 requested feature by far is SMRT bus support, but to date I've been unable to get a data source for this.

It would probably take a SMRT bus timings data source to bring further development. And if that does happen, I can for sure add your two requests. =) Actually, #2 bugs me a bit as well, and I was initially trying to put in an animation to indicate the bus timings were being refreshed. But my inexperience with the platform shows through a bit - I was baffled in getting an image to show in those spots. It would probably take a couple of days of tinkering, and I'll keep it on the radar if I get back to the application.

Thanks again, and I hope it helps make your daily commutes a bit easier and your bb experience a bit more enjoyable =)
    07-05-14 02:52 AM
81 ... 234