I cant seem to find this on Blackberry World.
    Ive tried searching for . . .
    "SG Buses"
    "Singapore"
    "bus"
    "SG"

but cant find anything relating to SG Buses.

Can someone tell me if Im just being stupid . . . .
    08-06-13 10:49 AM
    New version with favorites just hit app world. Enjoy!

@saints82, what is your provider? I have restricted my app to Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia providers. The app is here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/32642887

If you have any problems, please let me know!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 08:28 AM

@saints82, what is your provider? I have restricted my app to Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia providers. The app is here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/32642887

Posted via CB10
    @brott8 so I assume there will be more updates to come? Care to elaborate on the direction this app is going to take?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 08:36 AM
    @the_igg thanks for your enthusiasm. I will certainly be looking to continue to update the app going forward. However, it is difficult to make time commitments due to other priorities in my life. And given that this is a free app (with zero support from data sources), I am purely motivated by user community acceptance.

The next update will likely involve access to a bus stop/bus code database for route listings. I do have a relatively complete current database in hand, and am tinkering with the ideas of either embedding the database in app or storing it centrally for better maintainability.

Following that will be general interface clean-up/beautification with some backend enhancements so that I can better track usage. I will stick to no device identifying information - more for tracking times and bus codes queried.

I'm admittedly terrible at visual design, so if you have any qml experience, I'd gladly take some design input. =)
    euphoria_driod likes this.
    08-07-13 11:16 AM
    Thanks for this app~! so much better than sgnextbus cos its a native! The current version is totally sufficient for me. Give you a thumbs up!
    08-07-13 02:16 PM

@saints82, what is your provider? I have restricted my app to Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia providers. The app is here: BlackBerry World - SG AllBus

Posted via CB10
    Hi There!
    Im on Singtel but have just realised that my BB is 7.1.0 so no joy.
    Cheers
    08-12-13 10:06 AM
    Maybe you shouldn't restrict your location providers! It might be useful for tourists ;p

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 10:41 AM
    @yalo, thanks for downloading! Hope you do enjoy.

@saint82, sorry! Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), the apps are not backwards compatible to the old OS7 models.

@unbreakablej, good point. I have no problem with opening it up on the next release.
    08-13-13 01:21 PM
    Just downloaded, and I will take this app over SG Buses anytime of the day. I'll prefer a native app any time of the day. Thank you for the great work. Let me see if I can work out some visual design updates when I have the time. Icons, in-app icons, etc. I can't code for nuts though, so really can't help you with that. lol.
    08-13-13 05:21 PM
    Just downloaded, and I will take this app over SG Buses anytime of the day. I'll prefer a native app any time of the day. Thank you for the great work. Let me see if I can work out some visual design updates when I have the time. Icons, in-app icons, etc. I can't code for nuts though, so really can't help you with that. lol.
    I saw your input for GoMusic and it was really nice.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 10:49 PM
    I saw your input for GoMusic and it was really nice.

Posted via CB10
    thanks! I actually have the next set of UI design ready for the app. The first step is a minor facelift that is easy to implement, to tide until the next major UI update as more features get built in. It's a one man show for him and he's trying to build in a lot of features to make the app more awesome. I would helped if I could code, but I can't. lol.

Anyway, I played around with a detailed logo like this, but quickly gave it up as it doesn't translate well to a smaller size. Also looks too SBS. lol.
    Any good bus timing app for Singapore?-screen-shot-2013-08-14-12.15.00-pm.png

After some finetuning and adjusting to make it look better at a smaller scale, this is the result.
    Any good bus timing app for Singapore?-img_00000007.jpg
    08-13-13 11:37 PM
    Yeah I kinda wished I knew how to code too. Nice icon by the way! But now the colors look a bit like SMRT buses don't you think? With the red and white. Maybe just change the colors to something more neutral and not resembling either SBS or SMRT? Because it might mislead some people as this app does not support SMRT timings as of now

Posted via CB10
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    08-14-13 12:13 AM
    Yeah I kinda wished I knew how to code too. Nice icon by the way! But now the colors look a bit like SMRT buses don't you think? With the red and white. Maybe just change the colors to something more neutral and not resembling either SBS or SMRT? Because it might mislead some people as this app does not support SMRT timings as of now

Posted via CB10
    Any good bus timing app for Singapore?-screen-shot-2013-08-15-5.41.25-am.png
    Something like this?
    Any good bus timing app for Singapore?-ss.jpg
    Anyway, was thinking of some kind of splash screen while the app gets you location and retrieve bus stops.
    Any good bus timing app for Singapore?-img_00000002.jpgAny good bus timing app for Singapore?-img_00000004.jpg
    Other than that for now, it's a new icon for "Bus Stops" on the action bar and "Refresh" in the menu.
    08-14-13 04:45 PM
    Wow that looks good. yup the blue bus is better. What program are you using to make these mock-ups? Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    08-15-13 12:21 AM
    Wow that looks good. yup the blue bus is better. What program are you using to make these mock-ups? Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    Just good ol illustrator and photoshop. lol. Actually there isn't really much changes other than the bus stops icon, and the refresh icon. But i kinda like the simplicity of it. Sometimes you are at a busstop and just want to know when the next bus is coming, and the app is blazing fast for that. It's kinda like those electronic boards you find at certain busstops that tells you when the bus is coming, simple and all you need to know really.

Though not sure if possible, but is it possible implement some sort of reminder system. Like I select the bus I'm waiting for, and i can minimise the app. Based on the next arrival timing of that bus, the app sets a reminder to display a pop up on screen no matter which app you're in. So you can then just hop into other apps to play a game, watch a video, or whatever. When the status changes to Arriving, it gives you a pop up telling you "the bus you're waiting for is arriving". That would be useful, i think... Still it doesn't really matter whether there's the feature or not since in Singapore the interval between each bus is still bearable. lol.
    08-15-13 03:46 AM
    Any good bus timing app for Singapore?-img_00000007.jpg

Here's the mockup for the icon. If Brott is interest is interested in the icons or has any ideas of his own of how he want things to look can just send me a PM. Cheers.
    the_igg likes this.
    08-15-13 03:55 AM
    That would be a useful feature to get arrival times pushed to the phone. And you kinda touched on what I would like to see in the future for this app. I would like a list of all buses (SBS for now, hopefully SMRT in the future as well) similar to what SG Buses have. Because sometimes I would be on my way to a certain place and would like to know in advance the arrival times of the bus at that station. Right now, we are only able to know of the timings if we are at the bus stop or near it. I know brott is busy, but this would be good to have.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:12 AM
    Wow you guys are awesome. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Replying via mobile so bear with me =)

I love the simplicity. If you don't mind, I'll start integrating. My only thought is on the icon, it would be nice to have something tying to Singapore. The original red and white was nice, but I can understand the concern about SMRT. I'll integrate them eventually anyway.

For the splash screen, I'll play around with the options. I'd like to stick with the "get me info FAST!" mantra, and with favorites available, data is available instantly. So I don't want to necessarily wait for the GPS to finish loading. As we know GPS can take some time to sync at times. I'll see how a short splash screen works out. Otherwise maybe we can play around with the background of the main screen.

Aside from aesthetics, I'm putting in some basic tracking so that I can understand uses. I set up storage of time, bus stop, and bus number. I am purposely not including any GPS info or device specific info (only a one time generated uuid so I can see volume from unique phones). Do you see any privacy concerns or would you care?

On a more interesting front, I've been playing around with reading EZ-Link balances and transaction history. I can interact with the card, but without specs it's crazy complicated. We'll see... =)

Posted via CB10
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    08-15-13 06:25 AM
    Wow you guys are awesome. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Replying via mobile so bear with me =)

I love the simplicity. If you don't mind, I'll start integrating. My only thought is on the icon, it would be nice to have something tying to Singapore. The original red and white was nice, but I can understand the concern about SMRT. I'll integrate them eventually anyway.

For the splash screen, I'll play around with the options. I'd like to stick with the "get me info FAST!" mantra, and with favorites available, data is available instantly. So I don't want to necessarily wait for the GPS to finish loading. As we know GPS can take some time to sync at times. I'll see how a short splash screen works out. Otherwise maybe we can play around with the background of the main screen.

Aside from aesthetics, I'm putting in some basic tracking so that I can understand uses. I set up storage of time, bus stop, and bus number. I am purposely not including any GPS info or device specific info (only a one time generated uuid so I can see volume from unique phones). Do you see any privacy concerns or would you care?

On a more interesting front, I've been playing around with reading EZ-Link balances and transaction history. I can interact with the card, but without specs it's crazy complicated. We'll see... =)

Posted via CB10
    Nice!

Anyway, I actually like the red one too because of association with SG, and just because it stands out more. I didn't even realised it looked like SMRT until later. Lol.

I'll post the links to get the PNGs for the icon as soon as I can. I'll have the right format and size already so it's easy for you to drop them right in.
    08-15-13 11:36 AM
    Thanks again Alex. That's really cool of you. I'll drop in the new graphics over the weekend.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 12:36 PM
    Thanks all. Just submitted a new version which is under review by Blackberry. Hoping it will be up in a few days. Thanks Alex for the graphics.

Also added a cool new feature. Let me know how it works out for you =)
    the_igg and Alex_Hong like this.
    08-18-13 10:52 AM
    Hey brott, loved the new ez link function. However, I think there's a small bug. I scanned my first ez link card and it showed me the value. Then when I clicked on scan a new card, it wouldn't read the value anymore. I then tried with another ez link card and still it didn't show any value. So I closed the app and tried again. It worked for the first time but subsequently it won't show any value. Maybe you can look into this? Thanks for the update.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 11:44 AM
    Hi
    Yes, I noticed the same issue right after I deployed. I've already squashed the bug in my dev, but I'm trying to add in some smart handling of when NFC is turned off. Should be able to offer to turn it on without leaving the app.

May be a couple of days before the update. Thanks for reporting. For now, if you close the app and reload it should work.

By the way, I had two people report that it failed to install straight out of app world. Anyone else have that issue?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 01:05 PM
    No issue for me or my girlfriend. We are both on Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354 if that's any help. One Singtel and one StarHub.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 02:28 PM
    It really is great how the ez link scanning features works. On my Android phone, the ez-link app doesn't even work. Saying I need to have an NFC enabled SIM. Tried using farebot app, and it doesn't support any device for ez-link at all. And yes, my phone has NFC enabled.

Props to the Dev for this feature. Super useful.

Sent from my XT890 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-26-13 09:24 PM
81 1234