Any bus timing app for Singapore in BB 10. I used show nearby in older OS but couldnt find it in bb 10.

Guys please advise..
    04-14-13 10:50 AM
    I typed singapore bus in to the App World search and found 2 apps.
    04-18-13 10:16 PM
    Hey, I've been looking for a Singapore Bus app as well.
    Good news is that I'm a developer. Bad news is that I have no mobile development experience.
    Good news is that I started trying to build a cascades app for Singapore bus timings. Bad news is that C++ and me don't mix.
    Good news is that I found the API's needed for getting bus timings. Bad news is that officially, I'd need to get permission from the authorities to access their API's.

Anyway, I'm still very much interested in making this happen, as I was also a fellow Show Nearby user. I'm into C#, so I was thinking of giving monoberry a whirl. But no promises.

If any devs are interested in helping out, please give a shout. The first phase should be quite straightforward.
    - Call API and pass GPS coordinates
    - Returned bus stop info (name, number, etc) and bus numbers
    - Display in a list each bus stop
    - Tap item in list to go to next page displaying relating bus numbers (stored from previous API call)
    - Tap bus number to call API - pass in bus number and bus stop number
    - Return 1st, 2nd, and 3rd bus timings and display results either on same screen or a 3rd screen
    - Provide button to refresh timings by calling API again with same parameters
    - Provide back buttons on each screen to return to previous

2nd phase can allow searching for putting in your own bus stop number (skipping GPS and the first API call), and storing favorite bus stops.

Anyway, just for thought...
    rambo47 and unbreakablej like this.
    04-19-13 01:09 AM
    @pkcable.. Thanks for your reply but those two just give the bus routes not the bus timing

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:27 AM
    @brott.. Thanks a lot for your efforts. Please let me if this succeeds. I badly need this app..

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:28 AM
    Hey thanks for the efforts. Are you intending on using data from both SBS and SMRT? Will be looking forward to your app. The Singaporean selection is quite lacking at the moment. If you are planning to build a cascades app, you can always ask around in the forums here. There are a couple of blackberry elite that would be more than willing to help you out. Cascades app usually give a better experience, so it would be great if you could stick to that.
    04-20-13 12:09 AM
    OK a bit of good news. Have a skeleton of a cascades app working.

To do: gps support, add timings page

Maps and favorites can come later.
    Will still need sbs permission to use their api's which could take time...

Smrt bus timings not yet included until I can find their api. Unless anyone knows?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:55 PM
    @brott thanks a lot man.. please try for sbs at least first

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:54 PM
    Proof of concept. Still to do:
    1) Test and debug
    2) Make it nice and pretty. This is just a functionality proof at the moment.
    3) Get approval from the authorities - not sure how likely or unlikely this part is... potentially a deal-breaker

Any good bus timing app for Singapore?-img_00000215.jpg

Any good bus timing app for Singapore?-img_00000216.jpg
    the_igg and Ej San Miguel like this.
    04-27-13 09:55 AM
    @brott that's a good thing to see.. can I test it?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:16 AM
    Hi

I am a BB10 Singapore developer. I already launch my own app in app world. I email before LTA and SBS regarding the API for android development way back. Their reply is that there a contract to be sign for the use of it that is why I never started with the app for BB10. You might want to check with them. Cheers=)

Brott if you need help, just BBM me 24DA1563.
    04-28-13 12:39 AM
    Hi Johnathan

You say you already launch the app? And say need to check with SBS and SMRT.. confused.

Habeeb

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:17 AM
    @Habeeb
    I think he means that he has launched other types of apps. As for SBS/LTA, there are contracts required before an app is officially allowed to use their API's. I've emailed them and am awaiting a reply, but I understand that could take a month or more...

I'm ready to deploy a basic functional app. Been using it daily without any issues, but it's pretty ugly =)
    As soon as SBS/LTA approves, it's yours... (with more added functionality in the works)
    Ej San Miguel likes this.
    04-30-13 10:40 AM
    @brott forget about how it looks as long as it works man. Waiting for it...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:02 AM
    I really hope developers are working on this app and will be out soon as it ia a necessity. Keep us posted!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 06:52 AM
    Received a response from SBS. Apparently, I need to submit presentation slides of the application, and then appear in person to review.
    This won't be as straightforward as I had hoped.

I still plan on following through, but this will delay things significantly.
    The app is working fine, and I'd like nothing more than to share it with you guys....
    Ej San Miguel likes this.
    05-06-13 11:49 PM
    It's good to hear that it's working fine... but sad to hear that you have to go through... but don't give up and hope to hear a good news soon

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:14 AM
    Received a response from SBS. Apparently, I need to submit presentation slides of the application, and then appear in person to review.
    This won't be as straightforward as I had hoped.

I still plan on following through, but this will delay things significantly.
    The app is working fine, and I'd like nothing more than to share it with you guys....
    wow that sucks that there is so much that you have to go through. but hopefully you go through with it how about smrt though? any response from them? this will be such a good app and i will support it all the way. thanks for your efforts
    05-07-13 10:15 AM
    wow that sucks that there is so much that you have to go through. but hopefully you go through with it how about smrt though? any response from them? this will be such a good app and i will support it all the way. thanks for your efforts
    Thanks for the support. I have not yet implemented SMRT timings yet, as I haven't found the relevant API. Apparently they had an API up during the UP Singapore hackathon event, but that's long shut down. One of the apps in iOS is using a custom web service, but I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes there. SMRT might be another presentation/proposal situation....
    05-09-13 12:29 AM
    @brott any progress on your application? Waiting for it.....

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 06:03 AM
    @habeebca80 , unfortunately not yet. I'm a bit tied up with my day job and travels over the next couple of weeks, so it'll be slow moving for the time. I'll throw together a quick powerpoint to send to SBS when I get back and see where that takes me.
    05-20-13 12:53 PM
    That's a sad news

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:02 PM
    Hi,
    When I went to M1 Paragon and saw the demo set of the Q10, I saw the SG Buses applications installed into BB Q10.
    Not really sure how do they get it? But when I tried to search into BB World, I could not find it T_T
    06-08-13 10:15 AM
    Tedious job for dev who wanted to help the community. Why must those companies make things harder for us
    06-08-13 10:24 AM
    Hi,
    When I went to M1 Paragon and saw the demo set of the Q10, I saw the SG Buses applications installed into BB Q10.
    Not really sure how do they get it? But when I tried to search into BB World, I could not find it T_T

Did you launch the app? Perhaps it is a sideloaded android app?
    06-08-13 11:55 AM
81 123 ...