Hi Folks,

I am looking for an application which can periodically check my device( BlackBerry Z10) and de fragment it? As we are now on 10.2.1 and most of us would be installing apk files and then deleting.. I would like to get on top of this fragmented space

Suggestions? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 07:51 AM
    Haven't hear of a defragger for the Z10. Although you can clean up stray android crap by looking at ghost commander. Available from BBW
    01-29-14 08:21 AM
    Hi Folks,

I am looking for an application which can periodically check my device( BlackBerry Z10) and de fragment it? As we are now on 10.2.1 and most of us would be installing apk files and then deleting.. I would like to get on top of this fragmented space

Suggestions? Thanks

Posted via CB10

Not sure what filing system QNX uses... might be that defragmenting isn't needed. But I do think that there are issues with Temp / Junk files building up. I'd like to know what is the 10GB that is currently on my device memory. All "content" is saved to my SD card.
    01-29-14 08:32 AM
    Thanks jaydee.m ghost commander is a pretty handy tool to get rid of Android crap downloaded files! Moreover, it's a complete file manager for the device. Wish developer created a native app

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 08:56 AM
    On most modern PCs and phones it is not needed.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    01-29-14 08:58 AM
    Hi Folks,

Suggestions? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I dont know the file system of QNX, but knowing that the phone is based off a NAND flash to retain its data. Id say a defrag is most likely will never be needed. The controller to the NAND flash should be smart enough to know which has been deleted, and will re-write over the deleted area (think TRIM-like support on a standard SSD). Id like to believe there is some sort of garbage collection embedded in the controllers F/w but I do not know for sure, same with wear leveling. As a rule of thumb in the computing world- NEVER defrag NAND flash! - google around why, plenty of info is there.

Taking some apps out will certainly leave some "garbage"(folders, small singular files) behind that you can cleaned up using ghost commander like Jay had mentioned. Best you can do really.
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    01-29-14 09:31 AM
    Thanks bud. That was pretty informative!!
    01-29-14 09:50 AM