Since I wake the phone with a upward gesture, I was wondering if there is way to put it to sleep with a gesture or clicking an icon?

TIA
    07-01-13 10:03 PM
    Do you mean after you push the lock button? You swipe down to put it in bedside mode. Other than that I'm not sure I understand.
    Robin Lim likes this.
    07-01-13 11:02 PM
    This is one of the features that I want on the next update. Currently, the only way to lock or sleep BlackBerry 10 is to wait for the auto sleep/lock timeout or by pressing the button at the top.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    Robin Lim likes this.
    07-01-13 11:05 PM
    Basically, what GSM-S said. We wait for an update or app I guess;
    07-02-13 10:53 AM
    Do other devices have a gesture to lock? Everything I have ever used operates with the power button push. I would think a gesture to lock could be accidentally activated. If there is one on other devices, what is the gesture?
    Robin Lim likes this.
    07-02-13 01:46 PM
    My last phone was an Android, and most of the lock and unlock via the power button. I installed an app, which would allow you to turn of the display by clicking the app icon or the function could be mapped to a long press of the Search button.

Gesture lock, not by default, but launchers which support gestures would allow you assign gestures to activate particular apps.

Better than a gesture would probably a simple icon which turns off the display.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 06:55 PM
    My last phone was an Android, and most of the lock and unlock via the power button. I installed an app, which would allow you to turn of the display by clicking the app icon or the function could be mapped to a long press of the Search button.

Gesture lock, not by default, but launchers which support gestures would allow you assign gestures to activate particular apps.

Better than a gesture would probably a simple icon which turns off the display.

Posted via CB10
    Okay that makes more sense to me
    Robin Lim likes this.
    07-02-13 08:30 PM