Ravelry.com just hit 3 million users, and I believe the site owner will provide the API (isn't interested in coding mobile apps themselves).
    http://www.ravelry.com

While they have a mobile site, I don't think it has as many features as the mobile apps. Here's a blog post about some of the existing mobile apps built for Ravelry (iOS, Android, and WP7): Unraveled � Blog Archive � Ravelry Mobile App Roundup

I was perusing the internal group for Ravulous (the Android app), someone had already asked the dev to port it to playbook, which she declined due to lack of a testing device, so I can't imagine she'd be keen on porting for BB10. I could ask, and probably will if no one wants to make a native app..

If anyone wants to take on building a Ravelry app for BB10, I will be happy to beta test it.
    03-08-13 06:30 PM
    Did you post a request in the APK to BAR thread? If the Android app works well side loaded, maybe that would help when suggesting BB10 to the developer.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 12:49 AM
    That would be awesome if someone did this. I would even pay for the app!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    03-09-13 01:41 AM
    Did you post a request in the APK to BAR thread? If the Android app works well side loaded, maybe that would help when suggesting BB10 to the developer.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't because it's a paid app, although I could contact her directly and ask if she'd like me to try to convert it.
    03-09-13 09:02 AM
    That would be awesome if someone did this. I would even pay for the app!

Posted via CB10
    Me too! In fact, I think all the Ravelry apps for the other platforms are paid apps, so there's a precedent.
    03-09-13 09:03 AM
    What would the app allow you to do? (I know very little about the site, and even less about knitting )
    03-09-13 02:55 PM
    I didn't because it's a paid app, although I could contact her directly and ask if she'd like me to try to convert it.
    Hmm. Have you purchased the app previously? It does seem like (failing some developer doing a native app) the best case would be her agreeing to let you test it, and trusting your judgement to give the go ahead for her to put the port up for sale in BlackBerry World.

Side note - I really like that PodTrapper has its own licensing mechanism built in. Can still properly register the side loaded app.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:22 AM
    I would love a ravelry app for my z10. I just switched from an android, and the number one(yes, it even beats online banking) thing I miss is being able to upload photos to ravelry via my phone. There were two apps that worked together for Android-Ravulous and the ravelry photo uploader(bought seperately but went together seamlessly) With both of them I could access the pattern and yarn database, edit my projects and stash(knitterspeak for yarn collection), and upload photos from my phone directly to any project or stash item.

It was without question my most used app. I would be so happy to get it for my z10. Totally worth paying for.
    09-02-13 04:11 PM
    If you like you can become a tester for the Android app for Ravelry, just visit the stash2go.com website
    Generally it is free to test, but if you contact me I can also put you on the general tester list for more frequent updates
    09-14-14 11:41 AM