Has anyone seen an app that puts a simple icon on the device that you can press to reboot. Before people start I know you can press and hold the top button or do the volume up/down thing but I'd much prefer a simple one click icon. I know these existed on legacy hut haven't seen one yet on BB10 is that because there isn't access to the relevant part of the OS or is it no one's bothered?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 06:12 AM
    Not aware of an app that can do this, and not sure why an app would have a re-boot function for the phone built into it either. Simply holding down the lock key for 2 seconds to access the reset/restart phone function seems enough and simple enough for me.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-03-14 06:37 AM
    Has anyone seen an app that puts a simple icon on the device that you can press to reboot. Before people start I know you can press and hold the top button or do the volume up/down thing but I'd much prefer a simple one click icon. I know these existed on legacy hut haven't seen one yet on BB10 is that because there isn't access to the relevant part of the OS or is it no one's bothered?

Posted via CB10
    I dont think API exist's for that case.I was trying to make a widget app to lock phone but stumbled when i Didn't get the API
    05-03-14 06:50 AM
    Not being argumentative but if I want it I'm sure there are others who would like it. The lock button for two seconds then pressing reset is fine but a reboot icon would be useful for example what if the lock button gets broken at least with a reboot app you could still used the device and reboot if you need too.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 07:49 AM
    Not being argumentative but if I want it I'm sure there are others who would like it. The lock button for two seconds then pressing reset is fine but a reboot icon would be useful for example what if the lock button gets broken at least with a reboot app you could still used the device and reboot if you need too.

Posted via CB10
    OK. Cool. No problem. Wasn't trying to be argumentative either, just stating an opinion that is all. : )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-03-14 08:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yep..i would like it. I know that these bb10 phones don't require all the battery pulls and reboots of previous OS versions but I still believe it's good to periodically reboot. I was wanting and app that I could schedule reboots or as suggested with a home screen icon.

Z10
    05-03-14 08:36 AM
    Yep..i would like it. I know that these bb10 phones don't require all the battery pulls and reboots of previous OS versions but I still believe it's good to periodically reboot. I was wanting and app that I could schedule reboots or as suggested with a home screen icon.

Z10
    An occasional reboot may help to clear up unintentional running apps / processes which helps to free up some resources. I wonder if Bron could do that or not. You should check that out. I am currently using Bron to chime every hour.

? CB10 ?
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-03-14 08:46 AM
    An occasional reboot may help to clear up unintentional running apps / processes which helps to free up some resources. I wonder if Bron could do that or not. You should check that out. I am currently using Bron to chime every hour.

? CB10 ?
    Interesting to hear that the reboots help with the resources. How often should one do that on BB10?
    After having legacy devices for so long and now a Q10, I would restart my Q10 daily as a force of habit without even thinking about it lol.
    Now I think I've just done it once or twice in the past 2 months.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:45 AM
    Interesting...
    I also needed an app to chime every hour without cluttering the calendar.
    I used to use an app called EveryHour on BBOS.
    Gonna check this out since it's free.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...&userauth=true
    05-04-14 11:05 AM
    I had a scheduled reboot for every day at 3am with my 9930. Now with the z10 I just do it randomly every few days. As mentioned, it does help to clear things out. It's generally a good practice. And for those people who never turn off their laptop..they might find and occasional reboot to be helpful as well.

Z10
    05-04-14 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD