Hey guys,

I've recently switched to a BlackBerry Z10 and I'm loving it With whatsapp coming soon, it will make things even better. However, I am curious about the availability of certain apps.

1) Will there be any 3rd party app that helps with tracking your data usage? And no, I don't mean those that are somehow affiliated to carriers. The one I used to have in OS 6 was called mobile data alerter.

2) Will there be any apps that allows you to lock the other apps on your phone? Kinda like you need to type a password in order to access that app. The one I used to have in OS 6 was called AppsLock-Pro.

Personally, it would make this awesome experience with the Z10 a **** of a lot better with these apps. Maybe there's a BB10 version of these kinds of apps that I'm somehow overlooking... And seeing as to how there may be more experienced users out there, I'm hoping for some responses if you guys have any. Thanks

PS. please pardon my bad English. I've only been learning it for the past 4 months! So try to cut me some slack if I have any spelling errors or problems with sentence expressions
    03-09-13 01:26 PM
    Hey guys,

I've recently switched to a BlackBerry Z10 and I'm loving it With whatsapp coming soon, it will make things even better. However, I am curious about the availability of certain apps.

1) Will there be any 3rd party app that helps with tracking your data usage? And no, I don't mean those that are somehow affiliated to carriers. The one I used to have in OS 6 was called mobile data alerter.

2) Will there be any apps that allows you to lock the other apps on your phone? Kinda like you need to type a password in order to access that app. The one I used to have in OS 6 was called AppsLock-Pro.

Personally, it would make this awesome experience with the Z10 a **** of a lot better with these apps. Maybe there's a BB10 version of these kinds of apps that I'm somehow overlooking... And seeing as to how there may be more experienced users out there, I'm hoping for some responses if you guys have any. Thanks

PS. please pardon my bad English. I've only been learning it for the past 4 months! So try to cut me some slack if I have any spelling errors or problems with sentence expressions
    Unfortunately I can't help you with either of the your questions, but with regards to your English, you're doing very well. Its much better than many posters here. (and way better than the knuckle dragging iOS users (just kidding, couldn't resist))
    austriker likes this.
    03-09-13 01:37 PM
    Subscribing, would be interested in a data usage tracking app as well

......your English reads well, nice work
    03-09-13 02:27 PM
    Hey guys,

Are you kidding us? Where are you from? Your English is way better than a 4 month student's.
    By the way, I agree that such an app is needed now that BIS is out of the picture...
    austriker likes this.
    03-09-13 02:30 PM
    in response to #1. I used a program called Onavo with both iOS and Android and I swear by it in regards to data stuff. I sent them an email and they said they are currently not doing it, but are looking into the option of bringing it over to the Z10. I pray that they do it quick!!!!!!!!!!
    Graheem likes this.
    03-09-13 02:33 PM
    Mehh...probably the blackberry keyboard that helped him! Just kidding Good job!

Posted via CB10
    Vijik likes this.
    03-09-13 02:35 PM
    in response to #1. I used a program called Onavo with both iOS and Android and I swear by it in regards to data stuff. I sent them an email and they said they are currently not doing it, but are looking into the option of bringing it over to the Z10. I pray that they do it quick!!!!!!!!!!
    i just sideloaded Onavo... i haven't used it outside my wifi yet, but so far i was able to set my Data cap for the month and when it resets..

if you want to know how i got it please pm me...

Last edited by knowledge_6; 03-09-13 at 03:02 PM.
    03-09-13 02:45 PM
    I just sideloaded Onavo, and PhoneUsage, they both load and open, but haven't seen any usage recorded yet, so not sure if really working. My wife's iPhone has MyDataManager and that's real nice. Shows wifi and celluar use, can put restrictions etc. I'd like to see any/all these options come native to BB10.
    03-21-13 02:36 PM
    i just sideloaded Onavo... i haven't used it outside my wifi yet, but so far i was able to set my Data cap for the month and when it resets..

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...ps40330f7d.png
    Hey there, did you side load that mississauga transit app? Been looking for one.

Posted on my Z10
    03-21-13 10:04 PM
    What about Onavo extend?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...ps40330f7d.png
    03-22-13 11:29 AM
    Hey for any of you guys still wondering about data usage apps, give this app a shot. It's native!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...y-10-a-790174/

Its the only data usage app I've seen in BB World so far too.
    04-01-13 11:35 AM
    Data Usage Counter app also tracks data usage for daily, weekly, monthly and unlimited data usage cycles, plus you don't have keep it running all the time as an active frame

Available at the BlackBerry World

Last edited by tonyblaze; 05-21-13 at 01:50 AM.
    05-08-13 11:47 AM