Hey everyone i thought I'd share this with you, those coming from Android may already know this one, this is an open source Podcast manager application, is completely free and works very nice (yeah i ported it so I should say good things about it lol) and is available for Playbook and BB10, so give it a go and if you like it rate it, and support the master mind behind it. (see link below)

AntennaPod is an open-source podcast manager. It offers all the basic features you expect from a podcatcher, like streaming and downloading (manually or on a set interval) episodes, refreshing all feeds automatically or adding them to a queue to listen to them later.
    Moreover, AntennaPod lets you flattr podcasts and episodes from within the app. AntennaPod is still in beta and might lack some advanced features or have bugs.

So far the following features are implemented:
    * Downloading and Streaming of episodes
    * Support for Atom and RSS feeds
    * OPML import and export
    * Flattr integration
    * Search
    * Automatic feed updates
    * Sleep timer
    * MiroGuide integration
    * Supports MP3 chapters, VorbisComment chapters and Simple Chapters
    * Video podcast are also supported.

This app is free of charge and ad-free. If you want to support AntennaPod, you can flattr it here: flattr.com/thing/745609

THIS IS AN OPEN SOURCE PROJECT, FEEL FREE TO CHECK IT OUT AND MAKE IT BETTER
    https://github.com/danieloeh/AntennaPod

Available for free at BlackBerry World - AntennaPod
    Rjinswand likes this.
    02-20-13 01:22 AM
    I just downloaded and testing it out with a couple of my feeds. Has nice options. Been using nobex buy don't like the fact that notifications don't always work and you cant manually add feeds, dev says they will add in future update.

Also tried podcast app but no wifi option.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 11:52 PM
    Go to the settings, click the 3 dots on the top right corner at the home screen and select settings, you will notice there is an option to download using Mobile network, that is because it download on wifi by default
    02-21-13 12:13 AM
    Have a question, does the app have to be running in order to get new podcast notifications?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 08:44 AM
    Unfortunately yes no way to run in the background yet

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 03:39 PM
    Cool that there is another option for podcasts. Just started using noblex, and there is a way to submit rss feeds to add podcasts. Found it in the slide out menu, under one of the options. Just waiting for the feed to become active.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 05:41 PM
    App looks slick and rss feed entry is smooth. However, I cannot get it to download over wifi (which is supposed to be the default). Also, a 'how-to' help file would be helpful - e.g. does the 'download' page list episodes waiting to be downloaded or already downloaded; icon meanings not always clear.
    04-08-13 09:59 AM
    I'm working on the how to page so give some time, there's an update waiting for approval with takes care of the auto download option and some stuff

Posted Via CB10 app on the Z10LE
    04-09-13 06:30 PM
    This is my favourite Podcast app on PlayBook and Z10. Thanks for releasing it in BB World.

After installing BB 10.2.1.537 it crashes immediately after starting it. A pop-up appears stating Antennapod was closed which one can confirm and that's it.
    Anyone with the same problem?
    01-29-14 08:43 AM