Question? How does on tell if an app you installed is an Android App or Blackberry?

I know that if you go into Application Permissions that if you cannot change permissions on an App it is typically and Android app. The problem is that is some apps do not even show up under Application Permissions.

Also is there a way to remove the Android Player altogether, I know alot if you would say why, but I should at least have the option to disable it. I have seen a lot of posts about using outside sideloaders and such like sachei or others, are there any other options,

I have version 10.2.1.2941 official and have read that the above methods only worked this beta versions.
    06-13-14 10:23 AM
    Works on any build, but I wouldn't suggest it
    Just ignore it if you don't want to use it. BlackBerry doesn't force you to install android apps
    It's like trying to remove IE from Windows

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 10:34 AM
    When an app is running, if you Swipe down and it reveals a small menu/status line at the bottom of the screen, particularly, if there's that "back curved arrow" and there is a display at the top saying "Hide Bar", it is probably an Android app.
    06-13-14 12:37 PM
    Thanks that helps....now is there anyway to remove the Android player or disable it? Also do you know why some apps do not show up in the application permissions area.
    06-14-14 11:29 AM
    Thanks that helps....now is there anyway to remove the Android player or disable it? Also do you know why some apps do not show up in the application permissions area.
    I have not explored removing the Android Player. You might ask in the Leak OS subforum where folks are a bit more experimental.

When installing Android Apps, you get a semi-permission screen but you canNOT selectively pick permissions Some apps might work if you deny the global permission or NOT. But since you canNOT further control them, they might not appear in the Permissions' area of Settings.
    06-14-14 07:55 PM
    Thanks! So if they don't show up in the Applications Permissions then we have no idea what permissions they have? That sounds safe.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-16-14 10:19 AM