Hi!
    So recently I bought a BB Classic. At first I did a Factory Reset to erase everything the last owner had on this phone.

Then I wanted some apps, mostly I need Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp, thats enough for me. The issue is that I can run anything. First, BB World did not run, so I proceed to the Chrome Extension to make it work. Everthing went fine, but most apps are outdated. Then, I proceed to install the Cobalt's Google Play Store and Services, I made it even it took 2 or 3 times.

For my bad luck, any of the apps I've tried to install crashes. Then, I tried to download the apk's, for example Whatsapp directly from their webside and another Facebook lite and messenger lite. I manage to install them but they always crash, they never open. Plus, the amazon app store need to update so I did it, but as is an apk, it crashes too!

It seems like if the Classic can't deal with any apk's.

Any ideas or other options? I've seen that other people install WA really esay, but for me is been a pain.

Please, need help, at least with WA and FB Messenger Lite.

Thx
    01-18-21 06:07 PM
    Hi!
    So recently I bought a BB Classic. At first I did a Factory Reset to erase everything the last owner had on this phone.

Then I wanted some apps, mostly I need Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp, thats enough for me. The issue is that I can run anything. First, BB World did not run, so I proceed to the Chrome Extension to make it work. Everthing went fine, but most apps are outdated. Then, I proceed to install the Cobalt's Google Play Store and Services, I made it even it took 2 or 3 times.

For my bad luck, any of the apps I've tried to install crashes. Then, I tried to download the apk's, for example Whatsapp directly from their webside and another Facebook lite and messenger lite. I manage to install them but they always crash, they never open. Plus, the amazon app store need to update so I did it, but as is an apk, it crashes too!

It seems like if the Classic can't deal with any apk's.

Any ideas or other options? I've seen that other people install WA really esay, but for me is been a pain.

Please, need help, at least with WA and FB Messenger Lite.

Thx
    First off, you should load the latest/last OS for the Classic.

https://mega.nz/file/tVgyjDYS#ojnru-...CIkAU1dIybpHK0

It says Z30, but the Classic uses the same autoloader. Unzip it and run it from your PC. Your phone will wipe in the process.

Next update BlackBerry World again via sideloading.

Next, install Yalp - which is a simple Play Store client. Avoid Cobalt, as it is out of date.

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_47.apk

You can install Messenger Lite from there.

Install WhatsApp directly from www.whatsapp.com/android.
    Last edited by conite; 01-19-21 at 08:03 AM.
    01-18-21 07:52 PM
    Fine! Tnx for awnsering.

So I just the plug the Classic and run the file you provied right?

Let me see if I can make it work!
    01-18-21 08:45 PM
    Fine! Tnx for awnsering.

Your computer will need the BlackBerry Drivers installed... part of the BB LINK install.
    01-19-21 10:53 AM
    Install WhatsApp directly from www.whatsapp.com/android.[/QUOTE]

Fine! Tnx for awnsering.

It will certainly work as blackberry devices has the easiest method of installing operating systems among smartphones. You just need the appropriate autoloader. Follow the suggestion of conite. This might be labeled z30 but it works on classic as well (works on my classic scq100-2) and in fact better than the latest version that classic can ever get from OTA update. Apps were also more stable. I also don't have problems in syncing contacts and calendars anymore like when i make changes on any of my android device or on my iphone, it would directly sync, and vice versa. Unlike before, when i make changes on blackberry, the changes doesn't go through my other devices. So, the autoloader mentioned by conite will save your device.
    02-01-21 07:43 AM