First, a quick history: I'm running on about my third week or so with my new Q10. I bought it for ShoprBlackBerry.com as an "upgrade" from my Note 3. I was relatively happy with the Note, but I felt I was lacking in efficiency in nearly everything I did when compared to my experience with my previous phone, the 9900, and with what I've learned about the BB10 phones. I initially went to the Note for specific apps that were frustratingly not available on my 9900. Well, my fiance was frustrated. And, when she's frustrated, I am too. Anyway, after 6 months using it, both of us decided to jump ship back to BB...

So, what I've noticed is that my previous frustration with apps is pleasantly nearly nonexistent. Browsing around BBW nets me a lot of stuff I was not able to get on my previous BB with functionality that can even surpass previous versions from my 7.1 days.

For example, there's an app called Money Plus (Money Plus - BlackBerry World) that I'm very interested in. Budgeting apps weren't exactly as featured as this one seems to be. Even the offerings on Android don't seem to compare as well.

Then, there's the recent release of Snap2Chat on BBW which fills a nice young-person's void. I've tested it out on my Q10 (I have to preview some apps for the kids since I'm basically the IT person in the family) and it seems to run fine and better than using the hacked Android version.

Nifty Foods! C003262E5
    04-24-14 11:12 PM
    Oops, premature posting...

Anyway, I'm seeing a lot of good apps that keep me from sideloading. Some specialty apps like shopping apps and my EVE online apps haven't made it and my not, but they do work fine if I install from Snap.

One more thing: I've noticed that the app selection in BBW may not be huge by any comparison, but the quality can definitely surpass those at least offered by Android. Android zergs us with a multitude of repeat apps for just about everything and they tend to be of lower quality. The few things I've hunted for on BBW seem to be much higher quality though not with as much variety.

Has anyone else noticed the same things as me?

Nifty Foods! C003262E5
    04-24-14 11:19 PM
    I think most would agree that any bb10 native app that gets even a fraction of the resources devoted to it than an android version is far superior. The problem is simply that there aren't too many devs who devote time and energy to bb10. It's sad that such a great product doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
    04-24-14 11:47 PM