Hey there,

I received a notification from Amazon today that the Facebook app is no longer compatible with P'9983 as well as the Passport. In return, they gave me a 5$ voucher or whatsoever in compensation. Did anyone of you receive such email?

Posted via awesome Passport
    10-14-14 06:30 AM
    The stock FB app works fine for me, so no. But, if it's been determines that the Amazon version is no longer compatible, it's nice to get that $5 credit that you could use toward other paid apps.
    10-14-14 06:46 AM
    I don't use Facebook. Never have really. I have had an account for a little bit of only 5 years, and never made a single post...

However, I don't like the idea in general. I mean a cheap $5 may seem like something good, but I don't like the atmosphere. Everyone should be able to use Facebook on their devices if they choose.

It's not good when a major Android app just suddenly stops support for any of the BlackBerry devices. Many will now show this as some type of indication regarding the future development. "Even Android is pulling out despite that they now have a part of a new BlackBerry system".

It just puts a bad taste in my mouth in general. Maybe I'm "forward thinking" this too much.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 07:09 AM
    I don't use Facebook. Never have really. I have had an account for a little bit of only 5 years, and never made a single post...

However, I don't like the idea in general. I mean a cheap $5 may seem like something good, but I don't like the atmosphere. Everyone should be able to use Facebook on their devices if they choose.

It's not good when a major Android app just suddenly stops support for any of the BlackBerry devices. Many will now show this as some type of indication regarding the future development. "Even Android is pulling out despite that they now have a part of a new BlackBerry system".

It just puts a bad taste in my mouth in general. Maybe I'm "forward thinking" this too much.

Posted via CB10
    This may be part of an agreement between BlackBerry and Amazon that Amazon will not offer apps to BlackBerry users where BlackBerry World already has a native version.
    blusls and coloibarra like this.
    10-14-14 07:47 AM
    This may be part of an agreement between BlackBerry and Amazon that Amazon will not offer apps to BlackBerry users where BlackBerry World already has a native version.
    Those were my initial thoughts, but after seeing only 2 specific devices (not the whole platform) mentioned made me start to not like the idea.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 07:53 AM