Got an update from v21 to v30 today. I noticed that it takes far less time to install apps now. (For apps with a download size of 30 - 40MB it used to take almost half an hour to actually install them and now it's done in a few seconds.)

But lots of apps cannot be downloaded now due to 'geographical restrictions'. Those that can be downloaded don't work properly any more.
    10-25-17 06:37 AM
    Never had any app take half an hour....

Can't comment on if Amazon Appstore is just broke for BB10 users now... or if it's just your phone. Might want to consider reloading the OS.

That said, with Cobalt's Google Play... I never used Amazon Apps, as they were all outdated.
    10-25-17 07:16 AM
    It works fine on my Passport SE with 10.3.2.2836, but crashes on my Classic with 10.3.3.1435. After restarting there is the old Amazon Appstore. Mysterious.
    10-26-17 02:24 PM
    Conite mentioned something about 10.3.3 causing some Android functions to fail due to new security policies. Probably because 10.3.3 was released for government customers and no testing with the Android runtime was even considered. While I prefer the simplicity of the Amazon Appstore I'll have to go and see if Cobalt's PS10 has the same problem or not.
    10-30-17 08:48 AM
    The same apps that aren't working on Amazon Appstore (Skype, TuneIn) aren't working via PS10 either so it's not Amazon's fault lol.
    10-30-17 09:58 AM
    Microsoft dropped support for BlackBerry 10 on the server-side for that version of Skype, it works fine on Fire OS devices. I had this confirmed.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-17 11:03 AM
    Never had any app take half an hour....

Can't comment on if Amazon Appstore is just broke for BB10 users now... or if it's just your phone. Might want to consider reloading the OS.

That said, with Cobalt's Google Play... I never used Amazon Apps, as they were all outdated.
    The new Amazon Appstore is working fine, the interface is certainly not optimised for the small screen of the Z10 but apps seem to install faster now (whether that is the new Appstore or the 10.3.3 update I do not know).

It's not necessarily a bad thing running older versions of apps when you are restricted to an Android 4.3 runtime.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-30-17 11:08 AM
    Conite mentioned something about 10.3.3 causing some Android functions to fail due to new security policies. Probably because 10.3.3 was released for government customers and no testing with the Android runtime was even considered. While I prefer the simplicity of the Amazon Appstore I'll have to go and see if Cobalt's PS10 has the same problem or not.
    Cobalt's solution did have some issues, but Cobalt went back to work and provided a fix specific for BB10.
    10-30-17 11:41 AM
    After installing the amazon app on my pasport I cannot start two different program's. After a restart I can use another program. any suggestions to solve this without loosing information ? I have the latest OS installed.
    11-02-17 02:02 PM
    After installing the amazon app on my pasport I cannot start two different program's. After a restart I can use another program. any suggestions to solve this without loosing information ? I have the latest OS installed.
    Saying what the apps are may help..

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 05:09 PM
    I have the problem with every program that I launch so I believe the raeson is the update of amazon store app. I can start just one app and then I have to do a restart to use an other one. I believe the second app launched but I cannot see it on the screen (just one second its there). The interface off amazon store app is certainly not optimised for the pasport screen but I dont no that is the problem becuse if I dont launch the app I still have the same problem.
    11-03-17 03:29 AM