I'm looking for advice on apps or PC software that can backup and restore various "key" aspects of my Z10 without using the somewhat vague and all-encompasing BlackBerry Link "settings". Or something that can restore specific elements from said "settings".

I'm mostly looking at backing up/ restoring contacts, calendar and accounts.

I've got InTouchApp but since I installed it it seems to be randomly shedding contacts and when I tried to restore after a wipe it only restored a tiny number of the contacts backed up. But as most people swear by it, I will conceded that it may be some other issue. Although an alternative would be useful to look at.

Many thanks.

Z10 | STL100-1 | 10.2.1.1925
    01-14-14 03:03 AM
    I use ContactsX as a backup to my contacts.
    There isn't anything else I can find for calendar and accounts.
    SteveLawUK likes this.
    01-14-14 08:51 AM
    Firechest, free in bbworld, can back up contacts, calendar and some other items. It does use the cloud.
    01-14-14 09:29 AM
    Some developer, if possible, could make out well with a link app that actually works and has options for full backup and selective.

Or BBRY needs to do it. Why are they so bad with writing windows software?
    FF22 likes this.
    01-14-14 09:48 AM
    Some developer, if possible, could make out well with a link app that actually works and has options for full backup and selective.

Or BBRY needs to do it. Why are they so bad with writing windows software?
    Except BB probably won't give that developer or app the needed permissions to do that kind of selective backup and restore. They must have surveyed someone and found that the SELECTIVE was not used or appreciated. Or maybe they contacted the Coroporate types who did not want users have that much control. Can you imagine we mourn the passing of the good old Desktop Software that could allow selective backup, restores.
    kbz1960 and SteveLawUK like this.
    01-14-14 12:20 PM
    Except BB probably won't give that developer or app the needed permissions to do that kind of selective backup and restore. They must have surveyed someone and found that the SELECTIVE was not used or appreciated. Or maybe they contacted the Coroporate types who did not want users have that much control. Can you imagine we mourn the passing of the good old Desktop Software that could allow selective backup, restores.
    I figured too much secret stuff. On the last
    01-14-14 12:45 PM
    Yeah I was thinking of old BlackBerry Desktop myself.

Z10 | STL100-1 | 10.2.1.1925
    01-14-14 02:09 PM