Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Please see here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/app-an.../#post13160560

(sorry for double posting but it looks that not much people check the App Announcements subforum these days and there's not much time left to let people discover it...).
    03-27-18 06:01 PM
    Mr. Burning F-ing Platform, my favorite developer, it's been a great run and I wish it didn't have to end. If I didn't already have all your apps I would jump on this so fast but just so you know how much I support your work I tried to purchase this anyway, unfortunately I'm getting purchasing errors. I will reboot and try again, thanks again for making my BB10 experience what it's been because without your apps it wouldn't have been this great and that's the truth.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-18 06:53 PM
    Thank you @BerryRipe. It doesn't have to end, as I intend to keep using my Passport as my primary device (even just because there's still nothing to replace its outstanding screen and keyboard) and I will keep making stuff for it. In addition to the apps I released on BBW, I have a ton of projects that I made for my own use, so maybe I'll start releasing some of them for free soon. Maybe I'll also re-release some of the existing paid apps, adjusted for BBW's new model, i.e. some free 'lite' version + a Pro version with some custom payment method. But it'll take some time as now I also need to focus on porting my apps to Android (most probably to Android's Qt runtime). But I am definitely NOT saying good bye yet.

As for the bundle, please give BBW some time to fully update/refresh. BBRY's online services have been working so slowly lately that quite possibly even though the product has already appeared in the store it may need some more time for their payment system to start recognizing it...
    BerryRipe, zer0ten and ECBomb like this.
    03-27-18 07:24 PM
    Sorry chap, BlackBerry won't let me purchase apps or add a replacement payment method.

I was trying to purchase:

SATtracker
    Live Lockscreen: Sun
    Easy Street View
    Geocoder Pro

Peeved, if they give you a deadline of the 1st April why the flaming hell do they turn it off a day earlier.

I was also wanting to buy:

Network tools by tlayer
    Meta Free by Ken Lo
    Bookmark Plugin for Clipman by QtHelex
    Talking Timer by bytebau
    BusyBee by sirius_27
    Troubles Land by ENKSoft

Sorry to all developers listed, on my part I could have bought all of these sooner. Not sticking to the cut off date was probably BlackBerry's last way of shafting developers, I guess end users are up next by dropping access to owned content before 31st Dec 2019.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-18 04:57 PM
    @oystersourced, actually, they did not turn it off yet. That's how it's been working for months, if not years. The payment system has been severely broken for a long time and some people have been experiencing issues with BBW payments since 2016 or so. They attempted to fix it a couple of times (with poor results) so they eventually decided to just turn it off on April 1st....

The payment system seemed to be totally messed up. Some people were able to just remove and re-add some payment method to make it work, for others nothing worked, whereas some people never had any issues. The problem was coming and going, it was clearly visible in developer stats in the Vendor portal that there were days of absolutely no sales when the payment system went belly up and then a few days later it magically went back to normal only to break up again next week...

BB10 developers' life was never easy :-)
    nichigo13 likes this.
    03-31-18 05:14 PM
    @oystersourced, actually, they did not turn it off yet. That's how it's been working for months, if not years. The payment system has been severely broken for a long time and some people have been experiencing issues with BBW payments since 2016 or so. They attempted to fix it a couple of times (with poor results) so they eventually decided to just turn it off on April 1st....

The payment system seemed to be totally messed up. Some people were able to just remove and re-add some payment method to make it work, for others nothing worked, whereas some people never had any issues. The problem was coming and going, it was clearly visible in developer stats in the Vendor portal that there were days of absolutely no sales when the payment system went belly up and then a few days later it magically went back to normal only to break up again next week...

BB10 developers' life was never easy :-)
    I have kept trying and trying, once you get the c60 error message it looks like you need to reboot or they have locked you out for some time I'm not sure which.

However I have managed to get all but three of the apps in the above list so far.

The only Burning Platform app I have failed to get is SATtracker, it will be a big shame if I do fail to get this because I was really looking forward to playing with it.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-18 07:53 PM
    Was planning on purchasing a couple of your apps before the deadline (GeoCoder Pro and EasyStreetView) but BBW kept giving me an error and now I'm overseas without my Passport. Great bundle of apps and deal though. Thanks for all your support over the years!!
    03-31-18 08:14 PM
    Can't get it. Says service purchase error. Getting this for all paid apps. What I get for waiting until the last minute.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-18 08:37 PM
    Unbelievable for a software company as Blackberry that they are not able to fix the payment problem on BBW...shame on them.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-18 12:59 AM
    True. I was considering buying a Classic at the end of March just to buy a few selected decent BB10 apps, but glad I didn't. This issue was bothering my BBOS phone before April 1st as well where I couldn't buy any apps. If Blackberry gave us a cut-off date, without much notice, the least they could have done was to honor it.
    04-03-18 01:14 AM
    Hello "BurningPlatform",
    Compliments to your usefull app ideas and related work!

Unfortunately, I have a problem with the following app:

Unmissable:
    I use my Passport professionally and privately and have more than 1,000 contacts.
    With more than 1,000 contacts the selection list remains empty!
    Does it generally not work with more than 1,000 contacts, or are certain contacts not taken into account in the setting "All"?
    Maybe you can add a setting for contact groups?

Holster +:
    Turning the Passport with the face on the bottom and then lifting it turns on Bluetooth, even though it was turned off before and I left the setting unchanged!

It was my mistake because I did not turn off your app "Power:Less".

Can you please take care of the one problem about Unmissable?
    Thanks in advance and keep up the very good work!
    Last edited by ForOS10Comm; 04-04-18 at 07:55 AM. Reason: addition
    04-04-18 06:27 AM
    There is a second problem with the App Unmissable:
    Stopping the headless function will have no effect after closing the app, as the app will still remain in memory.

The second problem has been solved: with Unmissable you have to wait in the app after pressing "Stop active service" just a little longer until this is confirmed in the Active Frame, which can then be closed.

I was happy too soon: the second problem that Unmissable remains in the memory after stopping the service is already there.
    Last edited by ForOS10Comm; 04-08-18 at 03:20 AM.
    04-06-18 06:57 PM
    Hello @ForOS10Comm

1) Contacts list. Indeed, in the code I had to set a specific value as a limit for ContactListFilters, and I used 1000 as I didn't expect anyone to have more than that :-)

Code:
    ContactListFilters filters;
                filters.setHasAttribute(AttributeKind::Phone);
                filters.setLimit(1000);
                contactsList = m_contactService->contacts(filters);

So this is easy to "fix" by simply increasing that number. I don't want to use a much higher number, though, because it'll slow down the operation of contacts list and for majority of users usually having 200-500 contacts it will waste memory (you are the first to report this problem so I assume that all other users of this app have <1000 contacts). Would increasing it to 1200 be enough for you?

2) Indeed, for some strange reason the Start/Stop service icon no longer makes the headless service to quit. Which is strange because it uses standard invocation to request it and the invocation is received by the headless service, but the

Code:
    bb::Application::instance()->quit();

is ignored, even though it used to work fine earlier. I'll investigate it. In the meantime, if you need to close the headless service, please use Device Manager / CPU tab for this (select Unmissable from the list of running services and "Close" from the menu).

I'll submit an update soon.
    ForOS10Comm likes this.
    04-08-18 10:34 AM
    Hello @ForOS10Comm

1) Contacts list. Indeed, in the code I had to set a specific value as a limit for ContactListFilters, and I used 1000 as I didn't expect anyone to have more than that :-)

Code:
                filters.setLimit(1000);

So this is easy to "fix" by simply increasing that number. I don't want to use a much higher number, though, because it'll slow down the operation of contacts list and for majority of users usually having 200-500 contacts it will waste memory (you are the first to report this problem so I assume that all other users of this app have <1000 contacts). Would increasing it to 1200 be enough for you?

2) Indeed, for some strange reason the Start/Stop service icon no longer makes the headless service to quit. Which is strange because it uses standard invocation to request it and the invocation is received by the headless service, but the

Code:

is ignored, even though it used to work fine earlier. I'll investigate it. In the meantime, if you need to close the headless service, please use Device Manager / CPU tab for this (select Unmissable from the list of running services and "Close" from the menu).

Thanks for the info---I won't bother updating since it works beautifully for me. Unmissable is an excellent app and it comes in useful every single day for me.
    04-08-18 10:55 AM
    Hello @BurningPlatform

Thank you very much for your quick response and the helpful explanations for understanding. That's really extraordinary :-)
    I'm even more pleased to be a user of your imaginative and space-friendly apps.

Code:
                filters.setLimit(1000);
    Instead of the value 1.000, would it be possible without much effort to count the contact list and to transfer this corresponding value to a variable?
    That would help everyone in terms of speed.
    But if no variable is possible, can you possibly set a input switch "<= 1.000" with the value 1.000 and "more contacts" with the value 3.000?
    Is the speed difference between 1.000 and 3.000 noticeable?

But currently the big question is: Are all entries taken into account when the setting is "All", "All but Hidden" and "Contacts" even if you have more than 1,000 contacts?

Code:

if you know that you can turn it off separately, then that's not really a problem anymore and you do not need to spend any time on it.

Once again thank you, have further extraordinary ideas and keep up the really good work!
    QNX will come ... ;-)
    04-08-18 01:47 PM
    @ForOS10Comm @brookie229

I've corrected the contacts limit, but I'm still struggling with the other issue. For unknown reasons, that damned headless service just doesn't want to shut down itself. It correctly receives the bb.action.stop invocation and processes it, but then bb::Application::instance()->quit() just doesn't have any effect. Which is completely incomprehensible because it works fine the very same way in all the remaining headless apps of mine.

I'll give it a few more tries and if I can't make the damn thing work as expected then the update will only address the contacts limit for now.
    04-12-18 03:41 PM