Hi,

Alarm X is the latest one from my X-Serie applications for BlackBerry 10. I�m busy and I know you are too, I can�t remember many things and many others are same or we just don�t want to remember such things and save our brains for something else.

Then just let Alarm X reminding us what should be done on time.

21-May-2013: Update ver. 1.1.0.1

Check out the core features:

+ Multi Alarm support

+ Alarm by sound, you can pick any supported audio files to set as alert sound for different alarms.

+ Alarm by Led, you have a set up to 7 colors for Led alert: Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, White and None.

+ Alarm by Vibration, the default is ON. You can turn it ON/OFF for each alarm.

+ Support ON/OFF alarm for week days. The default is everyday.

+ Shake to stop Alarm.

+ Skip Next Alarm
    (New in 1.1.0.1)

+ When app is idle for 15 seconds, a Standby screen will show up with beautiful, clean and unique Bar Clock, this also contains the next Alarm if there is. You can disable this to save battery or leave it as bed-time-clock (Plug in charger is recommended). You will love it. Check the screenshots.

+ When minimize Alarm X, an Active Frame will show the next 3 alarms if there is any. Note that it only shows next alarm within current day, it won�t show the alarm will trigger on the next day. This is pretty handy. Check the screenshots.

+ Support both Z10 and Q10.

Note:

- You have to leave Alarm X running (Fullscreen/Minimized). If you close/exit, it won�t function at all. We will fix this when BlackBerry provides the solution for developers.

- You need to go to Device Settings > Notifications > Other Applications > Alarm X > Turn OFF the LED for The LED functioning faster.

- The Side-load version only supports 2 alarms. Please try and give us feedback or idea and you would have it free when it�s approved on BlackBerry World (Very soon). Thank you very much for that.

- Please refer to the in-app User Guide for better usability.

Download the trial version bar file: AlarmX-1_0_0_10.bar

Side-load using DDPB or whatever you are comfortable most with.

If you think it's must-have for you. Grab the official version from BlackBerry World for 0.99$:

Or scan the barcode:

*KNOWN BUG*
    - The Sound Selection inside the Alarm X doesn't work with audio file which has name containing spaces. The work around is rename the file you want to set as Alarm sound to no-any-space or use one among sounds came with Alarm X (Those files locate at Device/Misc/AlarmXSounds). This is bug of BlackBerry Notification API and we are working on a solution while waiting for BlackBerry fixing it)

Screenshots
    :

Q10:

Thank you.
    Last edited by louis.keeper; 05-21-13 at 05:52 AM.
    SlcCorrado and DawnMills like this.
    04-22-13 12:40 AM
    Just finished sideloading (had to wrestle with DDPB for a few minutes to get things running smoothly).

I'll be testing this out over the next few days, thus far it looks solid. I really like the active frame layout, so I have a quick glance of what is coming up. If any suggestions for improvements happen to come to me, I'll be sure to share them.

Thanks so much for posting this. I've been tempted by several multi-alarm apps, but none has seemed worth digging into. This app has a great UI and provides just the right amount of granularity in settings.

Cheers!
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-22-13 03:58 PM
    One thing I've noticed is that the LED flashes just once, then stops. That might have been an error on my part, or perhaps an interruption from an incoming message. Will attempt to replicate the issue.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    04-22-13 06:29 PM
    One thing I've noticed is that the LED flashes just once, then stops. That might have been an error on my part, or perhaps an interruption from an incoming message. Will attempt to replicate the issue.
    The system led notification affects the Alarm X Led feature. If there is a Led notification from system, it slows down the flashing speed to default and it flashes one, Alarm X led flashes one and then the system one... turn by turn...

I don't like the speed of the default normal led notification, i make Alarm X and all my other apps flashing led faster to have better visual effect. If I make Alarm X led feature working in traditional way, like the default, it can't have other color rather than default boring Red one. Still headache for this. Kinda useless if it can't overwrite the default flashing led.

Anyway, thank you very much and i am waiting more news from you.
    04-22-13 09:42 PM
    Up for someone might need it
    05-01-13 08:40 AM
    I still use an alarm app from my old decommissioned 9650 because it has a "skip next occurrence" option. I often wake before my alarm, and don't want it going off until the next day. Is this an option that isn't mentioned? The other day I was looking at alarm apps, and yours looked great, but I did not see any mention of this feature, so I held off for the time being. Is this an option you've thought about?
    louis.keeper likes this.
    05-01-13 11:34 AM
    I still use an alarm app from my old decommissioned 9650 because it has a "skip next occurrence" option. I often wake before my alarm, and don't want it going off until the next day. Is this an option that isn't mentioned? The other day I was looking at alarm apps, and yours looked great, but I did not see any mention of this feature, so I held off for the time being. Is this an option you've thought about?
    Hi, sorry I still don't understand what you mean, sorry if that's odd. Could you please explain more about that?
    05-07-13 06:06 AM
    Hi, sorry I still don't understand what you mean, sorry if that's odd. Could you please explain more about that?
    Sure. I have several alarms that are repeating.

Take my weekday morning alarm for example. It's set for 6:20 daily, but about half the time, I wake up on my own before that time. I like to be able to cancel the alarm before it goes off, without disabling it.

If I disable it, I might forget to re-enable it before going to bed again that night. Without that option, I would need to be around my phone to address the alarm when it is 6:20, but I may be in the shower or somewhere else for a while when the alarm is sounding, and it could annoy someone else. ;-)

It's almost like "smoozing" it before it goes off until the next day -- if that makes sense.

Hope that made sense; thanks for the input request. So far I like the looks of your alarm program the best; if it had the skip next option, I'd get it today.
    louis.keeper and MissEnigma01 like this.
    05-07-13 10:19 AM
    Sure. I have several alarms that are repeating.

Take my weekday morning alarm for example. It's set for 6:20 daily, but about half the time, I wake up on my own before that time. I like to be able to cancel the alarm before it goes off, without disabling it.

If I disable it, I might forget to re-enable it before going to bed again that night. Without that option, I would need to be around my phone to address the alarm when it is 6:20, but I may be in the shower or somewhere else for a while when the alarm is sounding, and it could annoy someone else. ;-)

It's almost like "smoozing" it before it goes off until the next day -- if that makes sense.

Hope that made sense; thanks for the input request. So far I like the looks of your alarm program the best; if it had the skip next option, I'd get it today.

Awesome, thanks a lot, I hate that too. You remind me that I always had to disable it when i was using Alarm daily before. It's extremely frustrating when the alarm keeps screaming while we are in the toilet. LOL...

I will make it happen soon. But not too soon to be ready on BB World, it needs to be reviewed and approved and blah blah blah..., however, I can email you the bar file for side-loading if you want.

Regards.
    eninrebmun likes this.
    05-08-13 10:39 PM
    I can email you the bar file for side-loading if you want.
    That's ok, thanks though! I can wait. You absolutely sold me just with these replies. I always try to support the devs here that get involved.

I'll keep my eyes open. ;-)

edit: I just realized I typed "smoozing" in an earlier post. Funny. Meh.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    05-09-13 05:37 PM
    That's ok, thanks though! I can wait. You absolutely sold me just with these replies. I always try to support the devs here that get involved.

I'll keep my eyes open. ;-)

edit: I just realized I typed "smoozing" in an earlier post. Funny. Meh.
    Your email please. Thank you
    05-10-13 11:34 PM
    Your email please. Thank you
    No need for the bar file. Since it's in an active frame anyway, I can just tap it closed for now (a warning dialog box about closing would be handy, in case I accidentally close it and not wake up).

I will be watching for the update. Once thing I have noticed: it will tell me no upcoming alarms for the next morning the evening prior. Does this update at midnight? I was asleep so didn't pay attention. ;-)

I am getting a bit of an X app collection going. Contact X, Alarm X and the one to get to the engineering screen -- that one is pretty handy. I need to review that one to tell the other reviewer that it *does* work perfectly fine on the Z10. I'll bet almost anything that he is probably just being too slow -- which is a BlackBerry imposed time limit, not yours.

You do awesome work; thanks for being so active on Crackberry!
    Last edited by eninrebmun; 05-12-13 at 05:14 PM.
    louis.keeper likes this.
    05-12-13 11:32 AM

I am getting a bit of an X app collection going. Contact X, Alarm X and the one to get to the engineering screen -- that one is pretty handy. I need to review that one to tell the other reviewer that it *does* work perfectly fine on the Z10. I'll be almost anything that he is probably just being too slow -- which is a BlackBerry imposed time limit, not yours.

You should try also his Photo X. That's my favorite camera app that's why I always promote it.

Posted using The Z10
    louis.keeper and eninrebmun like this.
    05-12-13 11:40 AM
    No need for the bar file. Since it's in an active frame anyway, I can just tap it closed for now (a warning dialog box about closing would be handy, in case I accidentally close it and not wake up).

I will be watching for the update. Once thing I have noticed: it will tell me no upcoming alarms for the next morning the evening prior. Does this update at midnight? I was asleep so didn't pay attention. ;-)

I am getting a bit of an X app collection going. Contact X, Alarm X and the one to get to the engineering screen -- that one is pretty handy. I need to review that one to tell the other reviewer that it *does* work perfectly fine on the Z10. I'll bet almost anything that he is probably just being too slow -- which is a BlackBerry imposed time limit, not yours.

Alarm X update is ready NOW from BB World with bugs fixed, support Q10 and added Skip Next Alarm.

Thank you very much for your support
    eninrebmun likes this.
    05-21-13 05:36 AM
    You should try also his Photo X. That's my favorite camera app that's why I always promote it.

Posted using The Z10
    Thanks a lot for your kindness, I'm feeling guilty since it takes like forever to get the update ready. Still a bit stuck with Crop function on Q10.

I have updated Contact X, Alarm X, Call X, Music X and they are ready to update from BB World today. And almost done the brand new Message X which has plenty of message related features such as Forward SMS, Block SMS, Block Email, SMS/Email Led color and Private Box which has password lock SMS conversation.

Message X and Photo X are my major developing apps now.
    05-21-13 05:40 AM
    Alarm X update is ready NOW from BB World with bugs fixed, support Q10 and added Skip Next Alarm.

Thank you very much for your support
    Skip next! I missed this feature so much. Thanks for adding it. Awesome!
    louis.keeper likes this.
    05-21-13 10:04 AM
    Skip next! I missed this feature so much. Thanks for adding it. Awesome!
    Please let me know if you see any bugs or any further requests

Thank you.
    05-24-13 10:00 AM
    Anything you would like Alarm X to have in the next update?
    06-12-13 09:01 PM
    hi I really like the app but there is no Sound coming when I start the "test" option it just vibrates a lot... do you have any idea why?

Best Regards Fabian
    louis.keeper likes this.
    06-15-13 10:24 AM
    hi I really like the app but there is no Sound coming when I start the "test" option it just vibrates a lot... do you have any idea why?

Best Regards Fabian
    Hi, please check if you turn OFF Tone/Sound for the Global Notification in Device Settings. (Not the Alarm X Notification inside Other Applications section)

If it's turned ON. Then do you use any mp3 song to set as Alarm sound inside Alarm X?

Let me know.
    06-15-13 10:33 AM
    Ah it works its disgusting because I turned all sounds off because of whatsapp.
    cause if i get a new whatsapp in vibration mode then there is the sound aswell... I really don�t no why.. that was why I turned all sounds off.

But this is not your Problem your Alarm works great with my Ma Cheri� .mp3 file! THANKS
    louis.keeper likes this.
    06-15-13 10:47 AM
    Ah it works its disgusting because I turned all sounds off because of whatsapp.
    cause if i get a new whatsapp in vibration mode then there is the sound aswell... I really don�t no why.. that was why I turned all sounds off.

But this is not your Problem your Alarm works great with my Ma Cheri� .mp3 file! THANKS
    Glad to hear it works, I hate that only native Alarm app can produce sound in Bed-side mode, Phone Call mode, Silent, Vibrate mode... And they are gonna put Multi-Alarm in 10.2. I guess i will stop working on Alarm X soon.

By the way, if the song has space in file name, it might not work, I've tested on all of my devices here even 10.1. This is a known bug and hope they can fix it soon. (Or they might fix it already in some OS builds)

Thank you.
    06-15-13 10:57 AM