Hey guys,

I've been recording my video blog using my Lumia 925 with mild success but I'm investing some money into my endeavor and will be building light stands and grabbing a shotgun mic and boom to improve the quality of my recording. I'd also like to give using my Z30 a try as I like Story Maker and think it'd be a quick and easy way to involve my BlackBerry in the process as well as easily make title sequences.

My question to you involves more advanced camera control. I'm looking to lock the white balance in between recordings to keep everything consistent as well as possibly some more on-device advanced focus locking when in use on a dolly rig. Are there camera apps out there that allow these two functions? If not both, the most important thing to me is locking the white balance. I haven't seen any Built for BlackBerry apps that allow this, but then again I've only spent a half hour looking before work.

Any advice you have will be much appreciated!
    12-08-13 07:38 PM
    You'd really be much better off getting a high quality camera. Phone cameras are good, but they'll never be as good as a dedicated camera.
    12-08-13 09:43 PM
    You'd really be much better off getting a high quality camera. Phone cameras are good, but they'll never be as good as a dedicated camera.
    Oh I'm sure I would be. I'm wanting to use my Z30 camera and use Story Maker to produce the opening sequence for the fun and ability to say, "This podcast is made using a BlackBerry".
    12-09-13 05:25 PM
    I've tried a few photo apps. I like Advanced Camera. Also, Long Exposure & LapseLabHD. WQ looks promising but most functions don't seem to work on my Z10.
    All these are free. There are others for pay that might be better & worth exploring.
    12-11-13 01:46 AM