I have absolutely no idea. Whenever I open BBM, or get a BBM notification, or reply to something I get a notification that says "Add 5 to VIP list? Press 'Open'". Sometimes it asks me to "Remove 5 to VIP".

I can't figure out what's causing this notification. BBM doesn't seem to have a VIP option I can see?

It started around the time I was trying to get my Pebble smartwatch working. I'd installed Talk2Watch (which I'd used before no issues), the Pebble Time Android app, I also tried installing a few other things such as the Misfit app, Google Fit, and Android Wear, as well as Lucky Patcher to remove the dependancies on the latter two. Couldn't get either of them to work so I removed Fit, Wear, and Lucky Patcher.

I've just uninstalled Misfit and Pebble Time just in case, as well as any other apps I could find that I wasn't using. I'm using the Android Runtime bars Cobalt linked in the BB10 OS forum, since I was on a version that couldn't uninstall Android things.

It's just making things difficult, as I'm getting 2-3 extra notifications every time I receive or send a BBM message right now.

I don't *want* to have to do a security wipe, mostly because I'm doing laundry at the moment and am using my phone as a timer...

Just... wondering if anybody has any idea what this might be? Google has been entirely non-helpful, even looking for the exact wording of the notification.
    01-24-16 02:03 PM
    This is really embarassing, actually. I'm usually a lot safer with my app installations. This hasn't happened to me before, on a phone...
    01-24-16 02:05 PM
    Does it appear fixed?
    01-24-16 06:01 PM
    Does it appear fixed?
    Starting to think it might have been related to the Pebble Time app, since it hasn't appeared recently since removing that and restarting, but that wouldn't explain why BBM was triggering it so insistently.

Edit: Hmm, just loaded Talk2Watch and it started up again? Restarting and not loading it to see if it keeps happening.

I honestly have no idea. The notification doesn't appear to be coming from any particular app, nor does it do anything.
    01-24-16 06:37 PM
    Definitely not that. Just rebooted the phone, haven't launched any apps yet and it's still doing it.
    01-24-16 06:45 PM
    "Add 5 to VIP" popup with BBM?-img_20160124_201838.png

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 07:19 PM
    Watching Device Manager when it happens, Skype and Hub2Watch keeps popping up to the top when it happens...

Deleted those two. It kept disappearing and reappearing, now it's sitting in the hub, marked read. Hasn't disappeared yet.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 07:22 PM
    Removed HG10 and Whatsapp as well. It's still sitting read in the hub instead of vanishing or coming back.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 07:37 PM
    Odd. Have you tried googling part of the phrasing it is using?
    01-24-16 09:38 PM
    Just trying to figure out what it was. Haven't had it pop up since removing Skype and HG10, but I can't imagine it was either of those: Skype wasn't even logged in, and HG10 was pulled from Blackberry World shortly after I downloaded it (I got my Passport in early October). It's only started the past few days, and I'm sure HG10 hasn't updated.

I did uninstall the Misfit watchface from my Pebble around the same time, but I didn't think watchfaces could cause notifications in Blackberry, especially not ones that seem linked to BBM.

The only reason I'm considering Skype, even though it's an Android app and shouldn't have any BBM integration, is because I know at one point they *did* have the app in BBWorld, and had tweaked it to work nicely in BB10. But it didn't have an account logged in, and I don't *think* it has any kind of VIP list functionality.

Could have also been Whatsapp, I guess? But if this was an actual issue, it would be more widespread than just me.
    01-25-16 06:35 AM
    Odd. Have you tried googling part of the phrasing it is using?
    I tried Googling the exact wording (it started at add 5, then went to add 10, it seems to have stopped at add 11) and nothing came up.
    01-25-16 06:36 AM
    5 favourites or VIP tends to be something Cdn telcos like Koodo have where you don't have to use minutes with your bestie but I've never seen BBM involvement before.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 06:38 AM
    5 favourites or VIP tends to be something Cdn telcos like Koodo have where you don't have to use minutes with your bestie but I've never seen BBM involvement before.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't appear that Wind Mobile has VIP list functionality? Or at least, I think all of their plans come with unlimited talk/text anyways. My wife's on the same Wind account and hasn't been getting these notifications either.
    01-25-16 06:42 AM
    An Android application that's causing this maybe? Which OS and device have you? We have not enough information to help you good.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 10:02 AM
    An Android application that's causing this maybe?

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought, but it's only popping up when I send/receive BBM notifications. Or, mostly when I send/receive BBM notifications, and I didn't think that Android apps could interact with BB10 apps like that.

Haven't had one today though, so it must be one of the apps I jettisoned last night.
    01-25-16 10:06 AM
    Couple of days now, no VIP notifications. Might start reinstalling stuff, since I never did figure out which app I removed that was doing it, but it seems fine now.

Reinstalled all my Pebble stuff at least, and it's still fine, so definitely not that.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-26-16 09:55 AM
    Just saw this thread, sorry for not coming earlier.

That's Hub2Watch actually, it's the VIP feature. Open Hub2Watch, swipe down from top and select Settings. Scroll to bottom and set "VIP learning mode" to OFF.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-30-16 10:10 AM
    You're a monster, you know that? =P

(also just checked, it was already off? I don't remember switching it, it just stopped on its own)

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 11:51 AM
    You're a monster, you know that? =P

(also just checked, it was already off? I don't remember switching it, it just stopped on its own)

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I know lol! Reading that made me realize that I should put Hub2Watch somewhere in that notification, to identify the sender of the notification.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 09:19 PM
    I guess the other issue was that pressing the button as prompted didn't seem to do anything other than make the number larger (from 5 to 10, then 11, etc. )

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 09:06 PM
    I guess the other issue was that pressing the button as prompted didn't seem to do anything other than make the number larger (from 5 to 10, then 11, etc. )

Posted via CB10
    In fact, the incremental is coincidental. Let me explain how this VIP option works, as it's not explained in the app (I really should explain it in the app, my bad).

You can add any personal BBM contact or any BBM group to the VIP list, once done, anytime this contact writes you a message, you'll have a BBM icon in Hub2Watch watchface (as usual) and a VIP icon. That way, you'll know that the latest BBM message might need your attention right now.

To add a contact to the list, go in Hub2Watch Settings page and enable both "VIP Mode" and "VIP Learning Mode". Go to your contact conversation and write anything. Any new BBM message (incoming or outgoing) will trigger a Hub notification with a message including this contact BBM ID. This ID is assigned by your OS, it will not be the same ID if you use another device and chat with the same contact. Click the notification to add this contact ID to the VIP list. Now, turn off "VIP Learning Mode " as it's really annoying to get all those notifications but keep "VIP Mode" on if you want to have VIP icons on your watchface.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 09:22 PM
    Oh, so the 5, 10, 11, etc. is the ID# of the user it's trying to add to the VIP list?

It makes sense now that you explain it like that (and now that I think about it, I'm sure I remember something about a VIP mode in the earlier pages of the Hub2Watch thread?), though since I only talk to a handful of people on BBM I guess it's safe to turn it off.
    02-03-16 09:54 PM
    Oh, so the 5, 10, 11, etc. is the ID# of the user it's trying to add to the VIP list?

It makes sense now that you explain it like that (and now that I think about it, I'm sure I remember something about a VIP mode in the earlier pages of the Hub2Watch thread?), though since I only talk to a handful of people on BBM I guess it's safe to turn it off.
    Yes, you can turn both options off if you are not interested in this feature. You should not receive any weird "VIP" Hub notifications anyone.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 09:56 PM