I have installed the new update and I still not get my font to change. It will change the size but not the font when I close and reopen the new font I selected is displayed in the settings bit no change.
    It would not in the previous release either? I have reinstalled, I have rebooted and closed and opened but no change in font? Anyone else having this problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:59 PM
    Custom Font API was made available from OS 10.2. Are you on OS 10.1 or earlier?
    11-18-13 04:57 PM
    I am not seeing this app on Blackberry World, I did a search foe Abi Notes and Adinotes?? any help in getting this app to give it a test run??
    11-18-13 06:43 PM
    10.1. I'm going have to upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:00 PM
    I see the latest update includes the BlackBerry predictive text now. Much better, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:18 AM
    Yes, we accidentally turned off predictive typing on the previous version. The latest version has it turned back on.

Cheers!

I see the latest update includes the BlackBerry predictive text now. Much better, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:43 PM
    We removed it from the store for a moment while looking at one issue. It should be there now.

I am not seeing this app on Blackberry World, I did a search foe Abi Notes and Adinotes?? any help in getting this app to give it a test run??
    11-19-13 05:45 PM
    How much does it cost?
    01-18-14 01:07 PM
    $1.99 for the full version
    01-18-14 08:33 PM
    I use your app daily, any updated on the horizon?

Posted via CB10
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    01-21-14 12:28 AM
    I think creating and maintaining an app is like running a restaurant. There will always be new updates as long as there are supportive people like you.

So, how can I help you? What are you looking for in the next update(s)?
    01-21-14 03:31 PM
    Please see if you can reproduce a problem I have on my Z30 running the stock OS 10.2.
    Open a list
    Check of some items
    Click Edit
    Add a list item
    Go Back with Back button

The items you checked off as complete are now back as incomplete

In fact - if you check the items and hit edit - you will see in the editor the items you checked off are not listed as completed items

If I check items and go back and then return to the list and edit - the complete items I checked off are properly displayed.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Bill

I think creating and maintaining an app is like running a restaurant. There will always be new updates as long as there are supportive people like you.

So, how can I help you? What are you looking for in the next update(s)?
    01-22-14 06:50 PM
    Just a note saying I use this app with my wife to share a grocery list and we love it. Keep up the good work.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 08:02 PM
    I would still like to see a free hand writing feature......I know....i know but I keep asking and hope I hit a moment of weakness.... :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:41 AM
    This is a really neat and cool app. Saw the CB blog so downloaded.

I've downloaded tons of note and to do apps, but I think I may continue with this one.

What I would love to see come to this is:

1. Inserting pictures, voice recording and adding links
    2. Setting an alarm directly when creating a note or to do rather than coming out of the note and then setting it.
    3. Active frame of latest 2/3 notes.
    4. An alarm on the individual to do item.

Fixes which will improve app in current state:

1. The categories lower case letters seem to get cut off at the bottom, the positioning could also be slightly better as they seem to be underneath the alarm symbol.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 05:48 AM
    Great app, congratulations! And thanks for supporting BlackBerry first and then iOS and android often it's the way around...

My only suggestion would be already inputs of categories could be saved somehow, so not always a manual input is necessary, eg drop-down menu from know or activated categories...

And another suggest is a web-based login feature, but I see this will take some time... but it would be nice especially combination with cloud backup..

Allover a great app, and fast! Tested a lot of them and I will stay with your's

Keep on moving!

Gesendet von meinem Z10 mit Tapatalk
    01-24-14 07:11 AM
    Hi BKillar,

I think I've got some rough idea on where the problem could be. I can fix it in the next update. In the meantime, after checking/unchecking to-do items, going back to the main list will trigger a guaranteed save to database.

Thank you for supporting ABI Notes. :-)
    Last edited by abinotes; 01-24-14 at 04:48 PM.
    BKillar likes this.
    01-24-14 02:10 PM
    Hi SprintMaverick,

I'm glad that you are using the sharing and collaborating functions of this app. Not many users have discovered this yet.

Keep using the app, and we will keep improving it.

Just a note saying I use this app with my wife to share a grocery list and we love it. Keep up the good work.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 02:14 PM
    Hi pblakeney,

My concern with the hand writing use case here is that the phone screen is not big enough for finger tip drawing. That feature would be more useful in a tablet app or on a phone with a stylus. Wouldn't you agree?

ABI Notes dev

I would still like to see a free hand writing feature......I know....i know but I keep asking and hope I hit a moment of weakness.... :-)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by abinotes; 01-24-14 at 04:47 PM.
    01-24-14 02:20 PM
    Hi awaisb2012,

Thank you for your suggestions. I've inserted my thoughts inline.

I will create a priority list of possible upgrades in response to the feedback we've been getting, and we will try to keep you guys happy.

ABI Notes Dev

This is a really neat and cool app. Saw the CB blog so downloaded.

I've downloaded tons of note and to do apps, but I think I may continue with this one.

What I would love to see come to this is:

1. Inserting pictures, voice recording and adding links

URL links, phone numbers, email addresses, street addresses already convert to links for various apps to be invoked in the "view note UI". If you are in a browser and click "share", ABI Notes will be one of the destinations to which you can share.

Picture and voice would be something we would need to do more thinking about before we go ahead and implement, mainly because we need to protect the simplicity of the current functions.

2. Setting an alarm directly when creating a note or to do rather than coming out of the note and then setting it.

Continuing with the idea of simplicity: we didn't put "set alarm" in the "note editing UI". I believe the "editing UI" should be as clean and simple as possible, so that the user won't be distracted from the idea flow by a complex UI. I know there is a trade off here.

3. Active frame of latest 2/3 notes.

I've promised one of my users never to implement Active Frame for this app. It looks like I'm going to break that promise. :-( I will try to come up with a design to make both sides happy.

4. An alarm on the individual to do item.

This is actually a tough one to do. When we were implementing the alarm feature, the calendar API was not yet very stable, so we didn't implement periodic alarms even though we would like to. I will investigate the current state of the calendar api for more features related to alarms.

Fixes which will improve app in current state:

1. The categories lower case letters seem to get cut off at the bottom, the positioning could also be slightly better as they seem to be underneath the alarm symbol.

This is awkward. That design is actually intentional, to achieve some sort of aesthetic value. Because category usually consists of a single word, we thought people would be able to identify the category easily even though the characters are partially concealed . So we decide to make the category decorative while still recognizable.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by abinotes; 01-24-14 at 04:45 PM.
    01-24-14 02:50 PM
    Hi muckdererste,

Thank you for your kind compliments.

I like your first suggestion. I will implement that.

By "web-based login", I'm assuming you are referring to an ABI Notes web client. I think it will be useful, but I will do that after the mobile client is completed.

ABI Notes Dev
    muckdererste likes this.
    01-24-14 04:55 PM
    Hi pblakeney,

My concern with the hand writing use case here is that the phone screen is not big enough for finger tip drawing. That feature would be more useful in a tablet app or on a phone with a stylus. Wouldn't you agree?

ABI Notes dev
    Ha..ha.. for some with oversized digits this may be a problem. But if this is possible then leave that choice to the user what vehicle they would use. But you do open the door for your great app to be used with the PB and have a free hand writing feature? :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 07:37 AM
    How exactly does Cloud sync work with Abi Notes? I see there is a backup option to the cloud but that just creates a backup file. Is that the extent of it?
    02-03-14 11:43 AM
48 12