Hello everyone,

We have made a new note keeping app ABI Notes.

ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-abinotes_114.png

Features:
    Simple & colourful user interface in Cascades
    Manage notes and to-do lists in one app
    Sort notes and to-do lists by title, color, time of update or time of creation
    Set an alarm for each note or to-do by integration with Calendar App
    Easy to search by keywords
    Invokable by text sharing from any application.
    Easy to share/co-edit note or to-do list with another ABI Notes user
    Backup/restore your notes or to-do lists from server

Screenshots
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000006.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000007.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000008.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000009.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000010.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000011.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000012.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000013.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000014.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000015.png

We�d love to hear your feedback.

Cheers,

ABI Notes
    09-12-13 09:28 PM
    Nice looking app. Still testing it. In regards to sharing and collaboration, what platforms are supported? Just BlackBerry or ?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:55 AM
    Thanks. Currently available only for BlackBerry. Android and iOS now in development.
    09-13-13 07:24 AM
    Just so folks know - there is a free version of the App on App World- the paid version allows more than 8 tasks and allows for sharing.
    09-13-13 10:40 AM
    The app is quite nice. One suggestion is in the notes edit screen on the Z10, the keyboard covers the Save button, so you have to close the keyboard before being able to save. Small hit to productivity that could be avoided.
    10-03-13 10:45 AM
    I've tried many apps, liked ABI Notes best, only to then discover it lacked some for me essential checklist functionality:
    - drag & drop reordering of item lists (checked items are sent to the bottom now, but can't reorder without copy pasting lines manually in edit mode)
    - a way to delete items from a checklist (without going into edit mode and deleting a line manually)

Is there any chance of seeing these features? Thanks.
    10-07-13 08:39 AM
    I've been trying out the trial version and it looks like a good note app. The main things holding me back from purchasing is the lack of exporting and importing or saving as .txt files to the device, because I don't use cloud services. Categories are needed, as well, and I like Sedat's suggestions too.
    10-08-13 03:25 AM
    This looks nice and agree with some of the suggestions. I continue to look for a free handwriting feature with these note taking apps. Is this possible here?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 03:48 AM
    Nice update today. It now includes categories (and organise by category) and the ability to change font size.

But I would still like the to be able to back up to device/SD card, and not just cloud service, this is #1 on my list of needs. As well as be able to share via text, email, etc to anybody, and not only other Abi Note users.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    10-18-13 12:31 PM
    Thanks, Sharon,
    Of the two suggestions in your comment, the first is under consideration for a future update, and the second is already implemented in the current update. Enter any of your notes and select the menu item. The right hand slide out menu has a "Send" item. Once selected, the standard "Share" menu will appear and you can send the note via all the mail, text, messaging, etc. possibilities it provides.
    Peter
    10-18-13 07:49 PM
    Hi, Sedat, I'm pleased to be able to tell you that today's update of ABI Notes implements both of your suggestions. Just long press any item in a list and a right slide out menu will offer you the choice of moving the item up or down, or deleting the item.
    Peter
    10-18-13 07:53 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. A "Save" button has been added to the top of the screen in today's update.
    Peter
    10-18-13 07:54 PM
    Thanks, Sharon,
    Of the two suggestions in your comment, the first is under consideration for a future update, and the second is already implemented in the current update. Enter any of your notes and select the menu item. The right hand slide out menu has a "Send" item. Once selected, the standard "Share" menu will appear and you can send the note via all the mail, text, messaging, etc. possibilities it provides.
    Peter
    Sorry, Peter, don't know how I missed the "Send" option. That's fantastic. And I'm excited that you're thinking about implementing the backup suggestion. Thank you for all your hard work, I really love your app!

10-18-13 08:17 PM
    Hi, Sedat, I'm pleased to be able to tell you that today's update of ABI Notes implements both of your suggestions. Just long press any item in a list and a right slide out menu will offer you the choice of moving the item up or down, or deleting the item.
    Peter
    Thanks, that is certainly a big step up.

I've recently discovered ggTasks, which feels a bit sluggish, I guess due to syncing, but has due dates and notes for checklist items (which I realize are probably out of the scope of ABI Notes).
    Anyway, point being, after exploring it a bit, herewith possible ideas or feature suggestions:

ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000216.png

ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000215.png
    10-19-13 04:59 PM
    I love your app. Might I request a dark theme. I have this feature on several apps and I think it is more visually appealing and in my opinion a more professional look.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-19-13 09:36 PM
    One more item

Confirm for delete, I lost a list today

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-20-13 09:25 AM
    Today, ABI Notes received the "Built for BlackBerry" designation. We're mighty proud.
    sylau90 likes this.
    10-21-13 07:14 PM
    Glad to see Built for BB.
    Now that I have imported all my notes from lazy list in see that it would be helpful to shade the borders of each list so when they are stacked up the boundary is clear.

Just suggestions, I hope no one offended

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 08:42 PM
    Glad to see Built for BB.
    Now that I have imported all my notes from lazy list in see that it would be helpful to shade the borders of each list so when they are stacked up the boundary is clear.

Just suggestions, I hope no one offended

Posted via CB10
    There are darker coloured lines (1 pixel thin) between items on the sheet where all the notes and todos are listed. Are these the ones you are talking about that are not clear enough?

By dark theme, do you mean black background with white text below the coloured title area?

10-22-13 06:01 PM
    Thank you for getting back to me!
    Regarding the boarders please see the attached photo of a similar UI.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:13 PM
    Regarding the dark theme yes white on black

I really like the font and style if your to do lists and notes

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:15 PM
    Regarding the dark theme yes white on black

I really like the font and style if your to do lists and notes

Posted via CB10
    Ditto, I prefer the dark theme, as well.

10-23-13 08:18 PM
    The newly released version of ABI Notes, as requested by users, enables backup/restore to users' choice of local storage. Accidental deletion is prevented by requiring delete confirmation. The UI is prettier than ever, enabling choice of fonts and dark or bright themes.

Following screenshots display the new features.

ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000238.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000239.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000243.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000244.png
    ABI Notes for BlackBerry10-img_00000246.png
    11-15-13 08:16 PM
    Great update thanks for listening. The new features are perfect. Now if sharing was cross platform that would be perfect. Hard to find other family members with Blackberries.
    I am seeing the font changes require a shut down restart to take place or is that not the case? Maybe I need to reinstall?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:52 AM
    Thanks for the praise; it's really motivational.
    You're right; app restart is necessary after font change.
    Android version should be available by the end of the year; iPhone version sometime next year.
    11-16-13 12:40 PM
48 12