I don't see both ABC Player and ABC Family apps in the Blackberry World anymore.
    I wonder what happened to them as they were such great apps with full episodes availability.
    Anybody knows what happened to them?
    01-14-14 01:39 PM
    Yes it appears to be the case the apps are gone, but my ABC app on my Z10 still works.

Looks like a new Android version was released yesterday, probably that is when support for BB stopped. It looks like you now have to sign in to your TV provider with this update and they probably did not update the BB version and are no longer supporting BB, BUT they might allow for loading the Android version once 10.2.1 OS is released.
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-14-14 at 02:17 PM.
    01-14-14 02:01 PM
    If the login is requirement, I think this means they may be updating the apps and republish them back. Need to hear from them officially.
    There is currently similar issue with official 9GAG application. They have implemented new comment system which is not yet available on BB app, so the comments are not visible to us, even though the app works. I checked with them and they confirmed that update is on the way by Jan end for Blackberry also.
    01-14-14 02:33 PM
    If the login is requirement, I think this means they may be updating the apps and republish them back. Need to hear from them officially.
    There is currently similar issue with official 9GAG application. They have implemented new comment system which is not yet available on BB app, so the comments are not visible to us, even though the app works. I checked with them and they confirmed that update is on the way by Jan end for Blackberry also.

Yes the ABC Family page says BB Support is coming soon, BUT strangely the Watch ABC Page makes no mention of BB at all, now it could just be a numbers game, they know they don't have many of us to support so why bother even listing it, BUT they will convert the Android app and load it to App World when they have time.
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-15-14 at 07:31 PM.
    01-14-14 03:49 PM
    Not showing up for me here either in California.

I know the iOS version makes you sing into your cable or satellite provider to watch new episodes. I wish I still had the app on my phone so I could catch up on that Marvel show.

Hopefully they at least give us an updated version of the app soon...

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 04:39 PM
    Check out ABC Player in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34537889

Maybe the direct link works for you. The app still works for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 05:31 AM
    Thanks, it seems that direct links are working from the phone. I got both of them back.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:44 AM
    For the record the Android app loads up and let's you sign on to your provider but when you go to play a video it just disappears.
    01-15-14 07:33 PM
    Just checked my ABC Player app and all is good. Whaooo! Was scared for a moment there. I still have to catch up on the last 2 Scandal episodes.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    01-15-14 10:05 PM
    I did a wipe and chose not to restore and I've lost both these apps now cause I don't see them in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:09 AM
    Never mind,although they do not come up in search, the links provided in this thread work:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=856292

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:11 AM
    Never mind,although they do not come up in search, the links provided in this thread work:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=856292

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the link. I lost mine after an autoloader as well. I'm not sure why they don't show up in my world as available or by searching.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:37 PM
    Links not working for me. Anyone have the bar file for ABC Player?
    05-06-14 01:48 PM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34537889

That should work if you have the correct requirements.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 04:47 PM
    Thanks for the link.
    Site Map : Not Found page displayed when opening it on bb browser and desktop browser. I guess it was removed for US market.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34537889

That should work if you have the correct requirements.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 12:50 PM
    Ya I get the same thing this time. Weird

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 07:19 PM
    05-13-14 07:36 PM
    It looks like the same link to me but this one works. Heck I dunno

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 07:36 PM
    So apparently they built this app - a native app that worked quite well no less - and then removed it from BB World? I'm confused. The ABC Player app only works to play news shows anymore, as for other shows such as Agents of SHIELD, it just sits and buffers forever. If you swipe down from the top of the app, there is a "Feedback" button. So I clicked it an typed in my issue (that most videos didn't play anymore). This was the response I received:

Thanks for contacting WATCH ABC Customer Care. I understand you are interested in accessing our WATCH product on your device. At this time we do not support your device, but we are working to add additional platforms and devices in the near future.

Currently, we support the following devices:

- Most computers -- desktop or laptop:

- Apple mobile devices with iOS 7.0 or above:
    iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, iPod touch.

- Android / Kindle tablets:

Kindle Fire (2nd Gen), Kindle Fire HD 7.0�, Kindle Fire HD 8.9"
    Google Nexus 7� (2012) & 10�
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7� & 10.1�
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8� & 10.1�

- Android Phones:

Google (LG) Nexus 4
    HTC One
    Samsung Galaxy SII, SIII, S4
    Samsung Galaxy Note, Note 2

- Apple TV (2nd generation and above)

- Chromecast

We do not support any other mobile devices (including other Android devices), Internet connected TVs, set-top boxes, or gaming consoles.

If your device has the required version of Adobe Flash listed in our system requirements, you may find that our site works in your Internet browser, but we do not support such devices and cannot guarantee that WATCH ABC will work on your device.

Please reply to this message if you have additional questions or concerns.

Have a wonderful day!

Kiara
    WATCH ABC Support

Visit us at:
    www.WATCHABC.com
    I'm scratching my head. Why build and app, and then pull it less than a year later, particularly with BlackBerry on the rebound?
    11-20-14 12:53 PM