I can add a setting which will disable all "active text" interpretation, so that phone numbers, links, etc will not be detected and turn into links, would that work?
    Sure sounds like it would. Just waiting on the goods ...
    04-16-14 10:51 AM
    I have BeWeather Pro also and it takes *much* longer to load than Noted does. I don't notice much delay in loading Noted at all, really. Perhaps you're running some headless apps inthe background which use a lot of memory?

I also would like the option to disable HTML by default. What I was hoping for was a plain-text editor which could let me edit code and HTML by hand. Maybe that's not what it was meant for.

Noticeably longer than Penzus, which is my current standard. gNewsReader with over 80 incoming feeds also lights up. Perhaps it can be preloaded by going headless because it is the slowest app to start up of any installed third-party (native) program on both of my devices. Slower to start up than BeWeather Pro. Any way to improve start up and UI response time would be great. Is a pure text (no HTML) option going to be supported anytime soon?

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2947
    Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, OS 10.2.1.2234
    04-17-14 04:08 PM
    I have BeWeather Pro also and it takes *much* longer to load than Noted does. I don't notice much delay in loading Noted at all, really. Perhaps you're running some headless apps inthe background which use a lot of memory?

I also would like the option to disable HTML by default. What I was hoping for was a plain-text editor which could let me edit code and HTML by hand. Maybe that's not what it was meant for.

New setting under Settings, Advanced that let's you disable HTML interpretation as well as all other "Active Text" features coming in v3.2.1.0
    Ragbert and sushistew like this.
    04-17-14 04:41 PM
    Can't wait - thank you!

New setting under Settings, Advanced that let's you disable HTML interpretation as well as all other "Active Text" features coming in v3.2.1.0

04-18-14 04:04 AM
    04-23-14 09:02 AM
    I would ever buy again 1,99 or 99 doesn't matter. Good work need payment. I use this app every day

Posted via CB10
    Carterbits likes this.
    04-27-14 09:08 AM
    I digress. Anyone with both Noted and BWP care to chime in on as to which app starts up faster initially and after being loaded into memory? I have two devices, no headless apps on either. Disabled custom Noted icons as well. Results are the same: Noted feels slower to load than BWP (version 2 in particular). Either way, the option to disable active text has been great. Though I might prefer it the way Evernote has it: Active text is disabled when editing and enabled when viewing. Also (as previously suggested) the option to launch directly into an editable note would be absolutely great

05-04-14 09:21 AM
    I digress. Anyone with both Noted and BWP care to chime in on as to which app starts up faster initially and after being loaded into memory? I have two devices, no headless apps on either. Disabled custom Noted icons as well. Results are the same: Noted feels slower to load than BWP (version 2 in particular). Either way, the option to disable active text has been great. Though I might prefer it the way Evernote has it: Active text is disabled when editing and enabled when viewing. Also (as previously suggested) the option to launch directly into an editable note would be absolutely great

I think that the amount of QML I instantiate does take some time, I profiled the startup and most of the time was spent in loading QML objects. Unfortunately, BB10 doesn't cache the compiled code, and re-JITs it for each launch. The only way to make it faster would be to re-write the app in C++, which just isn't feasible.

BlackBerry has two additional ways to speed app startups, Tab delegates and pre-linking libraries. The tab delegates model is too weak, I cannot create tab pane to tab property references, which are critical. I did all the work to enable pre-linking of libraries, only to find out that it changes the entry point of the app, and upgraded apps fail to load. They launch and crash. So far no one on the forums has found a fix :-( I'm sure glad I test before releasing, that one would have destroyed me.

I like your idea on the Active Text. I wonder if I should just toggle it based on whether the control has focus.

I'll have to think about the launch to an blank note.

Thanks

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    05-05-14 08:13 AM
    05-07-14 06:37 PM
    With today being my birthday, and the Z3 launching this week, I thought I'd celebrate with another sale.

Enjoy 50% off on Noted this week until Friday at 6p mountain time!

05-12-14 08:50 AM
    Kindly peruse the help file in Noted. Simply swipe down from the top bezel when in the app and tap the question mark icon.

I see several reviews asking for features that are already in the app. It would sure be nice if BlackBerry World would allow developers to reply to reviews.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 09:42 AM
    12hr sale starting, ending 8a Mountain time tomorrow!
    06-17-14 08:48 PM
    12hr sale starting, ending 8a Mountain time tomorrow!
    1. I'm in Canada, and it still says $1.99. Given how long it takes to propagate around the world, is that 12 hour window more like < 8? And its over night (so you get little exposure). Though, you might be intentionally doing this.

2. I recently found out that the F'n phone doesn't open .log files and treat them like .txt files. If Noted does, I'm in! If it doesn't, but you will in the future, i'll buy.

I just couldn't believe that the phone couldn't open .log files. I would have figured IT and Support folks with BlackBerries getting .log files every so often would have meant this was baked in on day 1.
    06-17-14 09:00 PM
    1. I'm in Canada, and it still says $1.99. Given how long it takes to propagate around the world, is that 12 hour window more like < 8? And its over night (so you get little exposure). Though, you might be intentionally doing this.

2. I recently found out that the F'n phone doesn't open .log files and treat them like .txt files. If Noted does, I'm in! If it doesn't, but you will in the future, i'll buy.

I just couldn't believe that the phone couldn't open .log files. I would have figured IT and Support folks with BlackBerries getting .log files every so often would have meant this was baked in on day 1.
    The list price takes a couple hours to replicate, but the price charged is very quickly updated in my experience.

You can edit .log files in Noted by using the Link feature.

06-17-14 10:03 PM
    Refresh BlackBerry World

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    06-17-14 11:06 PM
    The list price takes a couple hours to replicate, but the price charged is very quickly updated in my experience.

You can edit .log files in Noted by using the Link feature.

Purchased. Thanks

Feature request: Open .log files natively.
    06-17-14 11:44 PM
    Get it while it's hot. I'm not setting an exact end date this time, instead I'll monitor downloads from now and bump it back up once I hit 50 downloads (educated guess puts this at about 48hr...)

sushistew and FF22 like this.
    08-10-14 10:00 PM
42 12