Hi Crackberry users,

I would be happy to present another one of my new app - 3D Photo Camera

Are you fan of 3D photography? Do you want to create 3D images just with your Blackberry? 3D Photo Camera lets you quickly and easily take 3D photos - easy as just taking two photos with a slight shift of the device in between. You have a visual guide displayed from the first photo when taking the second one, so if you are careful enough you can easily get good results in 3D. You can view and save the photo in multiple viewing formats, including color anaglyph, black & white anaglyph, stereogram, 3D TV. Use anaglyph 3D glasses (Red/Cyan) in order to view 3D image in anaglyph modes.

Take advantage of 3D TV support. Ensure that you have selected 16:9 mode, make landscape shots, then save result in 3D TV mode and enjoy watching full-screen 3D images on your 3D TV! Change extension of images from JPG to JPS if necessary.

3D Photo Camera is a native app, originally developed for Windows Phone (and ported from it), and is available at Blackberry World for $0.99 here:

BlackBerry World - 3D Photo Camera

3D Photo Camera - Take 3D Photo Just With Your BlackBerry-cat.jpg3D Photo Camera - Take 3D Photo Just With Your BlackBerry-bike.jpg
    Last edited by Oleg.Derevenetz; 09-22-14 at 06:52 AM.
    05-31-13 03:46 AM
    Very cool. I'll have to see if I can find my red/blue glasses.
    05-31-13 11:15 AM
    Very cool. I'll have to see if I can find my red/blue glasses.
    Thank you! Have fun
    06-01-13 12:42 PM
    I'm happy to inform you that 3D Photo Camera is available on Q10 as well. Enjoy!
    06-06-13 04:05 AM
    Don't know why exactly, but this thread yesterday was moved from App Announcements to Blackberry 10 Apps. I tried to contact administrator, but no response so far. I thought that App Announcements are intended for developers willing to announce new apps or updates for existing apps... Does anyone know the reason for movement?
    06-07-13 04:22 AM
    I realize I'm responding to an old thread but just in case Oleg is visiting...

This app really could use 3D TV support. When I view the photos in side-by-side mode on my passive 3D TV, they work but the images are stretched 50% horizontally. When I reduce the photos' width by 50% to compensate, the processed left-right offset corrupts to the point where the 3D effect is ruined. Try it yourself on a passive 3D system (LG, Toshiba) and you'll see what I mean.

Perhaps if you had a 3D Photo Camera mode that reduced each left-right image width by 50% before combining them would make a difference. Regardless, being able to view the 3D images on a big screen 3D TV would bring much more value to your app.

Possible?
    09-18-14 12:05 PM
    This app really could use 3D TV support. When I view the photos in side-by-side mode on my passive 3D TV, they work but the images are stretched 50% horizontally. When I reduce the photos' width by 50% to compensate, the processed left-right offset corrupts to the point where the 3D effect is ruined. Try it yourself on a passive 3D system (LG, Toshiba) and you'll see what I mean.

Perhaps if you had a 3D Photo Camera mode that reduced each left-right image width by 50% before combining them would make a difference. Regardless, being able to view the 3D images on a big screen 3D TV would bring much more value to your app.

Possible?
    I have plans to add 3D TV support to this app, by saving images in JPS format (it's 1920x1080 side by side JPEG where each side horizontally compressed to 960x1080 ignoring aspect ratio). Currently I'm busy with another project, so I'll do it when I'll have some free time.
    09-18-14 12:21 PM
    Thanks for your quick reply! Good to know you still read this forum.

I look forward to your next update.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 05:03 PM
    I look forward to your next update.
    How can I contact you to test some resulting photos on your TV (if possible)? May be by e-mail (you can drop it me in PM, for example)?
    09-18-14 05:09 PM
    I sent you a PM. Thanks!
    09-19-14 09:37 AM
    New version 1.17 is out!

New features:

• Ability to select photo aspect ratio (16:9 or 4:3) in application settings;
    • Ability to optionally save intermediate photos - the first one, the second one, both or none;
    • 3D TV support. Ensure that you have selected 16:9 mode, make landscape shots, then save result in 3D TV mode and enjoy watching full-screen 3D images on your 3D TV! Change extension of images from JPG to JPS if necessary.
    09-22-14 06:53 AM
    As I wrote in the Announcements thread:

The new features are ideal for anyone with a 3D TV.

The app is easy to use and works as described -- well worth the price of admission!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:48 PM