Why this is not being covered in CB main?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 07:41 PM
    Why this is not being covered in CB main?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe they didn't know about it?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 07:45 PM
    Or maybe they care less.
    Maybe making a thread with a catchy title will grab their attention.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    07-10-14 08:00 PM
    Hey!! you'll see my game Flippy Bird 3D come up on the 15th I think.

I gave them the thumbs up to give it away for free for Ramadan. Cheers!

Also yes it has scoreloop. But I've been moving away from it for a while (too buggy).

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-10-14 08:10 PM
    Hey!! you'll see my game Flippy Bird 3D come up on the 15th I think.

I gave them the thumbs up to give it away for free for Ramadan. Cheers!

Also yes it has scoreloop. But I've been moving away from it for a while (too buggy).

Posted via CB from my LE
    Cool thanks a lot !
    Will make sure I get it.

07-10-14 09:59 PM
    There is. Did you know that BlackBerry has to pay for all that "free" stuff?

Why BlackBerry didn't include India is a matter, but whether BlackBerry have to give everybody free stuff is another matter. Frankly, it's their money, their decision. I don't claim to know why they don't include India. Heck, Square Enix does not recognize Singapore but recognizes East Timor, so weirder things have happened

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    1. BlackBerry doesn't pays for free apps. BlackBerry offers developers if they want to make their application free or not.!!!

2. Hey Kermed, u made your game free or blackberry did??

3. I want clipman pleaseeeeeeee!!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 01:14 AM
    1. BlackBerry doesn't pays for free apps. BlackBerry offers developers if they want to make their application free or not.!!!

Posted via CB10
    A statement on no1 and a question for the statement on no2.

Hmm,
    Standby your statement dude.

Edit: nevermind, the answer is below.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    Last edited by jafrul; 07-11-14 at 03:33 AM.
    07-11-14 01:32 AM
    Thats absolutely correct. I'm the developer of ClipMan and BlackBerry asked me about 6 weeks ago if I'm willing to offer the app for free during the ramadan season in several countries in the arabic and asian area. I even had to sign a contract and I won't get any cent during this day.

Today is your chance to get it for free if you live in the right spot. Otherwise you will have to spend me a bottle of coke as a sign of acknowledgment of all the hard work I have done to create this small tool.
    07-11-14 03:06 AM
    Thats absolutely correct. I'm the developer of ClipMan and BlackBerry asked me about 6 weeks ago if I'm willing to offer the app for free during the ramadan season in several countries in the arabic and asian area. I even had to sign a contract and I won't get any cent during this day.

Today is your chance to get it for free if you live in the right spot. Otherwise you will have to spend me a bottle of coke as a sign of acknowledgment of all the hard work I have done to create this small tool.
    May I ask a question then? How do they sell that idea to you? What do they say you get out of it?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 05:08 AM
    Even myappfree on windowsphone does that

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 05:19 AM
    May I ask a question then? How do they sell that idea to you? What do they say you get out of it?
    Oh, this wasn't hard. They asked kindly if I would and I said instantly yes. I rather felt honored to get considered with one of my apps.
    07-11-14 06:03 AM
    Great giveaway!

I bought ClipMan long ago and hope you won't loose too much money with this campaign. Worth every cent and saved my *** several times.
    QtHelex likes this.
    07-11-14 06:36 AM
    Thanks to all those Devs who agreed to offer their apps free of charge during this month of Ramadan. But no thanks to BlackBerry for not making it available to me as a Muslim in my country of over 70 million Muslims.

I'm sure some of the countries they made it available to, don't even have up to 70 million in total population.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    07-11-14 06:37 AM
    Apparently I am late to the party to have my haHAAA! moment.

Now I could put in my rant of BlackBerry not including Pakistan, or not. I am secretly happy about it.
    07-11-14 07:10 AM
    Thanks to all those Devs who agreed to offer their apps free of charge during this month of Ramadan. But no thanks to BlackBerry for not making it available to me as a Muslim in my country of over 70 million Muslims.

I'm sure some of the countries they made it available to, don't even have up to 70 million in total population.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    90 million where I live lol. Let's say 10 million aren't but we celebrate our religious days together even if I'm not christian
    That's what I call humanity

07-11-14 07:54 AM
    Great giveaway!

I bought ClipMan long ago and hope you won't loose too much money with this campaign. Worth every cent and saved my *** several times.
    I make anyway not much money with my apps. So I hope a single day without earnings won't hurt in the long term.
    It is my passion and basically my hobby is funding itself this way by selling a few apps per month. In the worst case nobody from asia would need to buy ClipMan in the future but I hope it won't be that bad.

Regarding earnings for all my apps: It was enough to get to Amstersam last year for the BlackBerry Jam Conference, and this year to a small local Hackathon in spring and to the local BlackBerry Experience in May. With some luck I will have enough in Autumn to buy myself a BlackBerry PASSPORT. Ah, and I got my girlfriend a BlackBerry Z10 last year.
    So you could say I'm mostly reinvesting my earnings into learning and devices and hence the future development of my apps.

I don't make a living from my apps but I just don't like the "Android habit" that everything needs to be free. I've created free stuff, but in the meantime I only create paid apps or stuff which needs at some point a in-app-payment. It is a lot of time which I spent and sometimes it really feels like work. If this is for someone not worth to spend me a Coke I simply say: "Don't use my apps."
    But the other way around I think it won't hurt to break my own rule for a single day.

Posted via CB10
    kadusch and anand_ma like this.
    07-11-14 08:09 AM
    I don't make a living from my apps but I just don't like the "Android habit" that everything needs to be free. I've created free stuff, but in the meantime I only create paid apps or stuff which needs at some point a in-app-payment. It is a lot of time which I spent and sometimes it really feels like work. If this is for someone not worth to spend me a Coke I simply say: "Don't use my apps."
    But the other way around I think it won't hurt to break my own rule for a single day.

Posted via CB10
    Fair comment. I don't mind paying for apps that I feel are worth it. I suppose sometimes I don't buy one because I'm not sure whether it will be worth it or not - it's a chicken and egg thing. Personally, I suppose in app upgrades tend to work on me more than anything, because I get to find out whether or not I feel it is worth it and it's less of a gamble if you see what I mean.
    kadusch likes this.
    07-11-14 08:14 AM

Then I'm going to delete Devil's Attorney and buy it. That game deserves every penny I could spend at it. Gotta throw the money to the right people

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    07-11-14 10:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are spot on. They asked me if they could make it free for 24 hours for Ramadan.

Neither of us gets money for the downloads. But it gives both parties visibility. They sent me a list of regions too... it is region locked freebies.

Like the above - I don't really need any visibility. But it's honored to be asked. And it makes me feel good that someone thinks my game is worth something to a community. . I also did alright during the apps release (I'm one of the few devs pulling a decent profit from BB). So I don't mind it being free.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-11-14 10:40 AM
    Strangely still not available in India nor In Pakistan
    07-11-14 10:53 AM
    The contract reads:

All carriers in the middle east. North Africa. Singapore. Indonesia. And Malaysia.

It also reads they have the right to change that at any time.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    07-11-14 11:01 AM
    The contract reads:

All carriers in the middle east. North Africa. Singapore. Indonesia. And Malaysia.

It also reads they have the right to change that at any time.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Is it carrier based?
    What if we use a middle eastern carrier outside the middle east?

07-11-14 11:40 AM
    no faith with blackberry anymore
    07-11-14 11:43 AM
    no faith with blackberry anymore
    Well, that escalated quickly...
    Banco and KermEd like this.
    07-11-14 12:05 PM
    Is it carrier based?
    What if we use a middle eastern carrier outside the middle east?

I think BlackBerry world direct purchases will be based on your region (switch to wifi to leverage it)

Blackberry World carrier purchases should be carrier specific.

But I can't help much as I don't use carriers for purchasing and I'm not sure what it entails. As a developer it just changes which company pays me (bbry or... ew bango)

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-11-14 12:40 PM
120 ... 2345