Is it normal for BB10 native app that i spent months working on it to have an average revenue per month = 15$?!
    I've similar-concept app ported for iOS but with less quality and less options (I've not add a single line of code to it since 1 year) but still gives me an average revenue of 40$ per month (the previous year average was 100$ per month).
    05-05-14 05:08 AM
    Is it normal for BB10 native app that i spent months working on it to have an average revenue per month = 15$?!
    I've similar-concept app ported for iOS but with less quality and less options (I've not add a single line of code to it since 1 year) but still gives me an average revenue of 40$ per month.
    What's the app?
    05-05-14 05:12 AM
    MeasureMe
    05-05-14 05:13 AM
    People may not need the app? Personally, I wouldn't have a use for it but then I'm not in the field that that would be used for either.
    05-05-14 05:30 AM
    I don't know exact model for the revenue/buyers in BB .. but if it (and any other native app) is revealed to a large block of blackberry users .. it should find buyers. If it is all about apps nature why i get higher revenue from iOS?
    05-05-14 05:48 AM
    I think it mostly depends on the number of BlackBerry users vs ios users

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-05-14 06:11 AM
    I've similar-concept app ported for iOS but with less quality and less options (I've not add a single line of code to it since 1 year) but still gives me an average revenue of 40$ per month (the previous year average was 100$ per month).
    For me, most important thing to generate revenue is marketing, do you have some bbm channels, twitter, facebook page or any social sites for your app? Also maybe try making a free version with ads?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 07:04 AM
    I just bought your app. Such an amazing job worked on the app. I tweeted it to my 2000+ followers too combined snap2chat and nemory account. Hope you get some more sales each month and the bloggers discovers it!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 07:19 AM
    I just bought your app. Such an amazing job worked on the app. I tweeted it to my 2000+ followers too combined snap2chat and nemory account. Hope you get some more sales each month and the bloggers discovers it!

Posted via CB10
    Such a helpful guy. Everyone appreciates your work.

Posted via CB10
    Mohamed Abdelsalam likes this.
    05-05-14 07:20 AM
    Thank you so much

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 07:23 AM
    I suggest you reach out to Alicia Erlich at CrackBerry too. She posts lots of app reviews. I made almost $4,000 last year on my app, Noted, couldn't have done it without her promoting it on Crackberry.

I've also considered doing some cross-promoting with other devs. Like in my Help, About screen, have a divider below my app info with a list of "Recommended Apps" and include app world links to some apps where the dev had done the same for my app. PM me if you are interested.

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    05-05-14 07:54 AM
    I just bought it as well. I'm always up for supporting great apps with a lot of time spent on them.

Now if only someone would make a slick and smooth craigslist app.

Where I can see photos, customize search, log into my account and POST!!!

That would make my day.

Sent from my Q5
    05-05-14 07:57 AM
    I'm going to look at your app right now!
    See, you're already marketing.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 08:06 AM
    just bought your app .. and very interested in cross-promoting with other devs
    I suggest you reach out to Alicia Erlich at CrackBerry too. She posts lots of app reviews. I made almost $4,000 last year on my app, Noted, couldn't have done it without her promoting it on Crackberry.

I've also considered doing some cross-promoting with other devs. Like in my Help, About screen, have a divider below my app info with a list of "Recommended Apps" and include app world links to some apps where the dev had done the same for my app. PM me if you are interested.

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    Carterbits likes this.
    05-05-14 08:06 AM
    just try to get built for blackberry status for it and surely your sale will increase
    05-05-14 08:56 AM
    Is this the app that is an android port?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 09:43 AM
    No it's completely native
    05-05-14 10:06 AM
    Here is the qr to download the app.
    15$ per Month .. is this normal?-barcode.png

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 11:02 AM
    Hi Mohamed

Bought your application after noticing this thread. It seems to work well for me, and is something unique. Hope you continue to work on blackberry apps. The best thing is to promote through bbm, and crackberry. Ask crackberry if they will consider giving you a feature, as this can sometimes generate thousands in a few days for a developer. I hope development for BlackBerry is interesting / fun for you but of course it's nice to make some money too.

May I ask, are you from Canada? Or elsewhere in the world?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 05:52 PM
    05-05-14 08:11 PM
    Thank you Aficionado, I'm from Egypt.
    I started contacting crackberry and hopefully get a support. is there some standard way(s) to do this? ..
    Thanks

Hi Mohamed

Bought your application after noticing this thread. It seems to work well for me, and is something unique. Hope you continue to work on blackberry apps. The best thing is to promote through bbm, and crackberry. Ask crackberry if they will consider giving you a feature, as this can sometimes generate thousands in a few days for a developer. I hope development for BlackBerry is interesting / fun for you but of course it's nice to make some money too.

May I ask, are you from Canada? Or elsewhere in the world?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 12:40 AM
    Maybe many people do not need this type of app? There are many ideas for apps in this forum, give the people what they want and the money will come rolling in!
    05-06-14 05:30 PM
    Saw the thread, liked your app and bought it. I doubt i will use it very often, but just in case its pretty neat to have that functionality in my pocket. Plus: i always want to support devs commited to this platform.

But VR6 is not wrong: See what people want to see, there are a lot of gaps to fill with native Apps, from geocaching over gps navigation to parcel tracking and native (Un)Archiver with password-support. If you don't have a clue for any of your next apps, maybe just run a poll here to see what people want and what is realizable for you. NemOry asked what people wanted and created (FB) Messenger and Snap2chat, and from what i've read (comment from him), got a big user base in quite a short time.
    05-06-14 05:54 PM
    It sounds like you are actually getting higher purchase percentages from BB than iOS. iOS has far more than 3x the amount of potential customers.

So if only 0.001% of potential customers want it, than the iOS platform should provide you with 10X (whatever the iOS customer base over BB10 customer base).
    05-06-14 07:37 PM
    I just tried to purchase, and it keeps prompting me for Paypal password. I logged into Paypal website successfully. It's not saying I have wrong password or anything, it just doesn't seem to complete the transaction and goes back to paypal login screen.

Anyone else?
    05-06-14 07:44 PM
27 12