Hi all

I've been using my Leap for three weeks now and I'm very satisfied about the device. When I'm on the road I also charge it with an old samsung car-charger, which I also used on my BB Bold 9900. I am now thinking about buying a brodit-car-holder-kit.

But I now remember that the first time I charged my Leap in my car, a small notice popped up on my screen, saying something like "use a different / compatible charger to charge your device". At first I did not really pay any attention to it, as my phone was charging anyway. Now I read that old/new chargers have difference in Ampre and that a non-compatible charger can 'damage' my phone?! Is That really true?

Secondly, on the official BB web-shop there are no official compatible chargers other than the sync-pod and the standard charger delivered with the Leap. I am also considering buying a "BlackBerry Premium 1.8A Micro-USB In-Vehicle Charger", which would be compatible with the Leap according to the crackberry.com-shop (but not according to the official BB web-shop). Anyone got a similar message as mentioned above? Anyone using this BB premium car charger with the Leap (or Classic/Pasport)?
    06-04-15 07:34 AM
    i use a generic charger to charge my phone in the car and nothing has happened to it.
    06-08-15 07:43 AM