Just wondering why users are upgrading their iPhones and BES 12 server can't support it because new apps not yet available.
    09-17-15 11:25 AM
    Keep your shirt on, it will come...
    09-17-15 11:38 AM
    Keep your shirt on is not a good enough answer for an "enterprise mobile solution " when your users download the new OS and their mailflow breaks because theres no bloody new update to the bes12 client, just brutal. thanks again blackberry. can i tell my CEO to "keep his shirt on"
    Last edited by Jammer777; 09-22-15 at 11:24 AM.
    09-20-15 07:37 PM
    Because Apple is consumer based as a company. Very low on their list is ensuring compatibility with MD software. In almost any business, even OS X is a slow update because of the number of changes made that break management and business related applications.

Maybe because allowing people to update you should have done a little more due diligence.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 06:52 AM
    More like Blackberry didn't do it because they don't have any developers left, and now they have to scramble to get it done.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-21-15 06:57 AM
    Because Apple is consumer based as a company. Very low on their list is ensuring compatibility with MD software. In almost any business, even OS X is a slow update because of the number of changes made that break management and business related applications.

Maybe because allowing people to update you should have done a little more due diligence.

Posted via CB10
    This has nothing to do with Apple and it being a consumer based company, this has everything to do with blackberry and ensuring its flagship enterprise mobility solution's business continuity when one of its major platforms it has written a software suite for releases and update for that platform that its software suite continues to function, this is something that should have been in development and tested for months with the vendor and a release for its entire userbase well in advance of IOS9 being released, how Blackberry was not in front of this just simply baffles me. (sorry for the run on sentence, hah) but really, this is just plain awful.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-22-15 11:22 AM
    Keep your shirt on is not a good enough answer for an "enterprise mobile solution " when your users download the new OS and their mailflow breaks because theres no bloody new update to the bes12 client, just brutal. thanks again blackberry. can i tell my CEO to "keep his shirt on"
    A good IT company will turn off OS updates until IT has tested and approved the updates. Our company cannot update to Windows 10 until I give them the OK.
    rthonpm likes this.
    09-22-15 12:35 PM
    A good IT company will turn off OS updates until IT has tested and approved the updates. Our company cannot update to Windows 10 until I give them the OK.
    How do you turn off OS updates on a BYOD device you only manage the secure container on?
    Jammer777 likes this.
    09-23-15 01:06 PM
    If they are bes devices you can absolutely restrict os updates

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-23-15 01:19 PM
    The reason rim hasn't sorted this is probably due to the fact RIM hasn't existed for over 2 years now! But I'm sure BlackBerry have been busy bees. The OS builds for different companies are highly guarded secrets so BlackBerry can't work on a solution until apple released the ios9 that would be my guess!

My lubbly jubbly Z10. Shine on you crazy BlackBerry
    09-23-15 01:40 PM
    The reason rim hasn't sorted this is probably due to the fact RIM hasn't existed for over 2 years now! But I'm sure BlackBerry have been busy bees. The OS builds for different companies are highly guarded secrets so BlackBerry can't work on a solution until apple released the ios9 that would be my guess!

My lubbly jubbly Z10. Shine on you crazy BlackBerry
    Apologist.

What the **** was the ios 9 beta for? I have been using that for months

09-23-15 02:06 PM
    Also. Did this happen to airwatch or mobile iron?

09-23-15 02:07 PM

You're totally right. They just didn't keep on top of it.

I'd argue it's probably a lack of man power, but that's their own doing. Plus what little team they have, should be working on it.

A lot of people see Blackberry as a joke, and not just because of their phones. It's hard pressed to say they're wrong when they do stuff like this.

09-23-15 03:42 PM
    09-23-15 03:46 PM
    If they are bes devices you can absolutely restrict os updates

Really? Can you point to me where this setting is for iOS - User Privacy are?. You can specify a minimum OS allowed to activate but that's about it I do not see a setting to prevent iOS - user privacy devices to prevent upgrading OS.

For this you would Supervised iOS devices I beleive
    09-23-15 05:35 PM

As far as I know AirWatch Container 2.0 & 2.1 work with iOS9 2.1 is required for new features introduced for iOS 9 but 2.0 is compatible
    09-23-15 05:45 PM
    You're totally right. They just didn't keep on top of it.

I'd argue it's probably a lack of man power, but that's their own doing. Plus what little team they have, should be working on it.

A lot of people see Blackberry as a joke, and not just because of their phones. It's hard pressed to say they're wrong when they do stuff like this.

I agree with you it seems like we keep getting burned by the company we are try to support.

In terms of the BES12 dev team I would expect to be firing on all cylinders now that BlackBerry is a software company. The hardware layoffs should not have any impact on this what so ever.

TSupport is saying Apple made a change after Beta for General Release that is causing the issue. Even if that's the case we are week into troubleshooting and as far as we know not closer to a resolution.
    09-23-15 05:49 PM
    How do you turn off OS updates on a BYOD device you only manage the secure container on?
    You tell the employees, that are being paid in exchange with compliance with of their contract and company policy, to not do it.

We've been told many times at work we will not be able to log in via our vpn for now, if we upgrade to Win 10. I haven't upgraded to Win 10.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 06:07 PM
    I agree with you it seems like we keep getting burned by the company we are try to support.

In terms of the BES12 dev team I would expect to be firing on all cylinders now that BlackBerry is a software company. The hardware layoffs should not have any impact on this what so ever.

TSupport is saying Apple made a change after Beta for General Release that is causing the issue. Even if that's the case we are week into troubleshooting and as far as we know not closer to a resolution.
    I think the real issue is that they are using a 3rd party dev team who they can't hold accountable to release dates because the amount of work they are giving them isn't significant enough to warrant that kind consideration

09-23-15 06:23 PM
    You tell the employees, that are being paid in exchange with compliance with of their contract and company policy, to not do it.

We've been told many times at work we will not be able to log in via our vpn for now, if we upgrade to Win 10. I haven't upgraded to Win 10.

Posted via CB10
    It depends on the corporate culture and how much power the technical support team has within the company as to whether this strategy works or not.

09-23-15 06:24 PM
    I just got off the phone with a Support Account Manager @ BlackBerry who said he has been using a test version of WorkConnect on his iOS since yesterday that is working without issue. HE could not confirm if the app has been submitted to APple as of yet for approval in the store but told me in the past apps have been pushed internally for testing simultanously as being sent to App store. He also said Apple can take up to 10 days to approve an App so lets hope BlackBerry has some juice at Apple to get this approved quickly but I do nto have much hope.
    09-28-15 02:17 PM