End-of-Life, End-of-Availability and End-of-Support Announcement
    NitroDesk TouchDown

March 2, 2015

Customer Number: 60572468

KITCH DRUTCHAS WAGNER VALITUTTI & SHERBROOK

Dear Symantec Customer,

Symantec is announcing the discontinuation of NitroDesk TouchDown. There is no replacement at this time. You may refer to Symantec Mobility: Suite for products leveraging Touchdown.

Note: March 2, 2015 will be the last date of availability for NitroDesk TouchDown Products.

Product Description Replacement Product
    NitroDesk TouchDown No Replacement
    (refer to Symantec Mobility: Suite for products leveraging Touchdown)

Symantec Corporation will End of Life (EOL) the earlier releases of these products including any Maintenance Packs (MPs) and/or patches for each version, in all released languages. Technical support and content updates for customers with current Basic Maintenance Support or Essential Support will be available until the dates listed in the table below. The frequency and quantity of these content updates will decrease over a period of time. This notice describes the timelines for the delivery of support services for these products that have reached their EOL.

Symantec Product Version End of Life End of Limited Support End of Support Life
    NitroDesk TouchDown 7.2 March 2, 2015 March 7, 2016 March 7, 2016

Support Lifecycle

End of Life: End of Life or EOL means when we cease marketing or distributing a Major Release and its related releases of Licensed Software. The End of Life date starts the timeline and process leading to End of Support Life for that Major Release and its related Minor Releases and Maintenance Packs.

Limited Support: Once a Major Release and its related releases reach EOL, they enter the Limited Support phase. The Limited Support phase typically lasts for 30 months following EOL. During the Limited Support phase we will provide code modifications or Bug Fixes to address Problems where there has been data loss, production systems are inoperable, significant security vulnerabilities are identified, or there are other significant product defects. For other types of Problems, we will typically provide an existing Bug Fix or we may elect to address your Problem through a regularly scheduled or future Software Version Upgrade. We will continue to provide Content Updates during this Limited Support phase. Note that some older documentation may refer to the Limited Support phase as the post-EOL Standard Support period.

End of Support Life: After Partial Support, the Major Release and its related releases reach their EOSL. This is the point in the product support lifecycle where no Support Services are available, and when we stop providing any type of technical support regardless of the Severity Level of the Problem, and regardless of the Support Services offering purchased. Our on-line technical support knowledge base includes support-related information that you can use to perform self-help. Typically we will keep knowledge base information on-line for a reasonable period of time following End of Support Life.

For more information regarding the services provided in Limited Support, Partial Support, and Content Updates, please refer to the Symantec Enterprise Technical Support Policy at the link below or, alternatively, contact your Symantec Account Manager:

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/s...t_policies.jsp

To receive timely notification on updates and the support lifecycle for your Symantec product please sign up at the following link to receive Symantec Technical Support News Bulletins:

http://www.symantec.com/business/sup...8&locale=en_US

We also provide information through our community forums at:

All of Connect | Symantec Connect

We would also recommend that you periodically check our website by selecting your product, then release details, for information with respect to End of Life and End of Support Life for your specific Licensed Software.

Thank you for using Symantec products and services.

Sincerely,

Symantec Corporation
    So, what does that leave us BES Universal Device Service people who allow Androids on our BES server? It would have been nice if BB could have bought these guys out instead of Symantec.

I downloaded my APKs so I can continue to use them but it would have been nice for this app to continue on even if there was no support or updates (or better yet, give them out free).
    03-02-15 12:41 PM
    Is this only 7.2, or all TouchDown versions? Seems ambiguous.
    03-02-15 01:00 PM
    Sounds like it is the end of Touchdown.....
    Symantec is announcing the discontinuation of NitroDesk TouchDown. There is no replacement at this time.
    If there were an 8.0 coming to replace it, I think they would have mentioned it.
    03-02-15 01:06 PM
    Sounds like it is the end of Touchdown.....

If there were an 8.0 coming to replace it, I think they would have mentioned it.
    latest released version is 8.5.

in the specifics of the EOL info it says:

Symantec Product Version End of Life End of Limited Support End of Support Life
    NitroDesk TouchDown 7.2 March 2, 2015 March 7, 2016 March 7, 2016

i.e., 7.2. The part you quoted makes it seem like all of TouchDown. Thus my question about ambiguity.
    03-02-15 01:12 PM
    We run 8.5.00094 so I guess we are good. I haven't bought licenses for this old version though. What it did say though, there is "No Replacement". That is what caught my eye.
    03-02-15 01:24 PM