If I remember the date correctly from awhile back blackberry will end support for SWS on Dec.31(which already passed). What happens now? Will SWS get buggy after updates or will they just completely shut it down when the last license expires? What are my options to have a work side to my phone(Priv) that doesn't require in house servers or any other server. I am using bes cloud. Thanks for any feedback.
    01-06-17 04:01 PM
    Well, they updated the support article today - Secure Work Space - End of Life / Notifications - Canada not sure there is any options with BES Cloud.
    01-06-17 04:40 PM
    Well, they updated the support article today - Secure Work Space - End of Life / Notifications - Canada not sure there is any options with BES Cloud.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Looks like when this stops working I'm sool.... Great.......
    01-06-17 04:49 PM
    Android for Work is the best/only option.
    01-23-17 04:01 AM
    Android for Work is the best/only option.
    For that I would need to set up servers correct? Right now I just use bes12 cloud.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 09:38 AM
    I believe you can use it with bes12 cloud too. But it is a bit tricky to set up, although not impossible if you follow the manual.

At the same time I wouldn't say that AfW is equivalent with SWS, it is a different solution, is more like the OS10 kind of separation. The new BlackBerry Work replaces the SWS.
    01-23-17 11:13 AM
    I believe you can use it with bes12 cloud too. But it is a bit tricky to set up, although not impossible if you follow the manual.

At the same time I wouldn't say that AfW is equivalent with SWS, it is a different solution, is more like the OS10 kind of separation. The new BlackBerry Work replaces the SWS.
    So I wouldnt need an in house servers for AFW? I like the bb10 separation so that would work for me. Do you know off hand if you need something like ms office 360 instead of just a regular Hotmail or Gmail account?
    01-23-17 11:17 AM
    01-23-17 05:52 PM
    I was just reading the documentation of the new BES UEM and it seems since this version you don't need to create a google domain, the BES UEM can do everything on its own. Which is interesting, maybe I will do a test with it in the following days.
    01-23-17 08:01 PM
    Thanks for the link! I followed it step by step until I realized I need a G Suite account... I need my own domain and need to pay 5 bucks a month for G Suite(if I read it correctly)....... not worth it for me.... At least this clears up the possibility of me using AFW.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 12:31 AM
    I was just reading the documentation of the new BES UEM and it seems since this version you don't need to create a google domain, the BES UEM can do everything on its own. Which is interesting, maybe I will do a test with it in the following days.
    Please update the thread and let us know how you make out!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 12:32 AM
    As I have a system with 80 dtek50, which uses the google domain already (free and has zero cost), I have no possibility to test this new option. Would be much better if they could add this feature when they introduced the afw support. It seems that you need to create one single account, what the bes uem can use as a service account to access google services and play store. During the activation you don't need any more a google account with your company domain, you can use the afw#blackberry command, which downloads the BES UEM client and starts the activation of the phone.

Here you can find more info how to configure your BES to use this new option:
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...ge=English#UEM
    Freakster1 likes this.
    01-25-17 04:26 PM
    As I have a system with 80 dtek50, which uses the google domain already (free and has zero cost), I have no possibility to test this new option. Would be much better if they could add this feature when they introduced the afw support. It seems that you need to create one single account, what the bes uem can use as a service account to access google services and play store. During the activation you don't need any more a google account with your company domain, you can use the afw#blackberry command, which downloads the BES UEM client and starts the activation of the phone.

Here you can find more info how to configure your BES to use this new option:
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...ge=English#UEM
    Interesting. I'll definitely try to set this up in the next week or so. Thank you for the link!
    01-25-17 11:20 PM
    Please let me know how does it go. I will try to set up the same using Airwatch if available. I will find out soon.
    01-26-17 04:14 AM
    Please let me know how does it go. I will try to set up the same using Airwatch if available. I will find out soon.
    I still need a g suites account to set up using bes 12 cloud. It's a no go for me.
    01-26-17 05:00 PM
    So what is the difference between bes12 on premis/bes12 cloud and uem? I saw a screen shot and it looks the same to me but in the step by step instructions it gives you the option of using one of the three... The only one you don't need a g suite account is the uem option(which you already mentioned)...... I'm a bit confused here..... I thought uem was supposed to be the new name for bes 12......
    01-26-17 05:26 PM
    It js the new name from bes12.6
    01-27-17 08:51 AM
    Another info related to this subject:
    https://support.google.com/googlepla.../7042221?hl=en
    01-27-17 01:07 PM