Since BB10 OS is going away and being replaced by Android and they don't want to support two OS's. Is this the same fate that befall BES12? It makes no sense to have two EMM solutions. Especially when BlackBerry was unable to keep BES10-12 up to all the other EMM solutions in terms of features and support. I am seeing the same advertising/blog postings about Good that I was seeing about Android development from BlackBerry before they moved to Android. I suspect BES12 will be the last in the BES line and it will be Good that is worked on in the future. So BlackBerry stopped developing it's on OS and got rid of what I thought were great developers and are relying on Google and Android developers for the OS and simple things like a file manager. They have fallen behind so much that they had to buy Good for it's EMM solution to catch up. They are dropping great tools and features like Blend. If they have to buy or use other software, how in the world can they actually become a software services company when they can't develop anything on their own?
    01-30-16 07:26 AM
    Nah. BES12 is safe because it runs everything. You're looking at it from the wrong angle. BES, no matter what version, will always be BES even if they were to scrap literally everything 'BlackBerrry' supported from it.
    01-30-16 08:49 AM
    Nah. BES12 is safe because it runs everything. You're looking at it from the wrong angle. BES, no matter what version, will always be BES even if they were to scrap literally everything 'BlackBerrry' supported from it.
    If there are no BB10 phones, who cares that BES runs everything? With BB10 phones out of the picture, Good is all that is needed and when doing the comparisons between products, Good and other MDM solutions are far ahead of BES. It makes no sense to duplicate so much MDM stuff. The question is will BlackBerry take some stuff from BES and put it into Good and have Good the main MDM. I suspect that is what will happen, same as taking the HUB and putting it in Android. BES willl go away and be replaced by Good and then BlackBerry will rename it Good BES. BES will be a legacy product, just like BB10.

But when you have products like Meraki MDM, who needs Good or BES when you can have 100 users for free.

https://meraki.cisco.com/form/systems-manager-signup
    01-30-16 09:04 AM
    If there are no BB10 phones, who cares that BES runs everything? With BB10 phones out of the picture, Good is all that is needed and when doing the comparisons between products, Good and other MDM solutions are far ahead of BES. It makes no sense to duplicate so much MDM stuff. The question is will BlackBerry take some stuff from BES and put it into Good and have Good the main MDM. I suspect that is what will happen, same as taking the HUB and putting it in Android. BES willl go away and be replaced by Good and then BlackBerry will rename it Good BES. BES will be a legacy product, just like BB10.

But when you have products like Meraki MDM, who needs Good or BES when you can have 100 users for free.

https://meraki.cisco.com/form/systems-manager-signup
    Companies like mine who need everything behind the firewall and won't use cloud solution. Meraki is no good for us.

Bes 12.4 will have Good baked in from what I know so far.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-30-16 10:29 AM
    Companies like mine who need everything behind the firewall and won't use cloud solution. Meraki is no good for us.

Bes 12.4 will have Good baked in from what I know so far.

So you use zero cloud solutions?

Good will be called BES 12.4
    01-30-16 10:56 AM
    So you use zero cloud solutions?

Good will be called BES 12.4
    Yes, no cloud solutions.

01-31-16 02:43 AM
    Yes, no cloud solutions.

So your company doesn't access the internet for anything? No EFT, etc?
    01-31-16 08:41 AM
    Blackberry already said that they will merge the two solutions into one solution. What this solutions is called in the end? WTFC?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 10:32 AM
    Remember also that BES has (I believe it was) %40 or %46 of the market share in EMM space. I remember they used to boast that they were bigger then their next 3 competitors put together and then they bought their next largest competitor. Soon they will add desktops and laptops so that you can manage the security of your company all from one spot. Its all goign to go up from here in my opinion and so far they are the leaders as long as they continue to move forward. I cant wait for the day that I provision a laptop from BES and get to chose if they are allowed to use USB or the camera or disable security features!!
    02-01-16 10:44 AM
    On bes 12.4 you can manage windows 10 and osx computers....

02-02-16 06:59 PM
    Sweet, can't wait to install now!
    02-02-16 08:21 PM
    I'd like to know why Meraki MDM wouldn't be used when it's in a DC of higher grade and security than most businesses can build themselves. Is this serious? Your mobile devices are on the wrong side of your firewall to start with and on a network you don't control the second you put a SIM in.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    02-16-16 07:10 PM