04-07-15 11:21 PM
69 123
tools
    How much are you willing to pay?

Jokes, charging someone for something that's free isn't cool. I'll PM you tonight about adding you to mine.

Posted via CB10
    Me, too!! :-D

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 10:26 PM
    Having Balance seems nice...

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 10:55 PM
    may i have a try,i have never use bes..tkx bro

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 01:32 AM
    Is there any way to separate work and personal contacts? To me this is a must.. I have tried everyting but can't seem to figure out how to do this.....
    Have you read the documentation? I'll have to check but I think here is a policy setting controlling visibility of contacts.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    04-30-14 01:02 AM
    Have you read the documentation? I'll have to check but I think here is a policy setting controlling visibility of contacts.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    After I finally got an email set up I found that you can pick just work contacts but what I'm looking for is not having work contacts show up on the personal side at all. You can either pick work contacts or all contacts to show. I just don't like how my work ones get mixed into personal ones, even ones you manually add to the work contact list.....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stomps01; 04-30-14 at 10:26 AM.
    04-30-14 06:33 AM
    There are, in my opinion, essential things which don't work without. Such as s/mime encryption, some VPN things etc

Posted via CB10
    Is there an advantage to using a hotmail email through BES? I recently set mine up as a challenge in BES 10 Cloud but really don't see any benefit in doing so especially since all the work contacts show in the personal side(which was my main reason for wanting balance). Are the emails from me to BES to hotmail more secure or in order for that to happen would I need my own server?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 10:25 AM
    I've used Exchangemymail as a hosted exchange service for years. Full BES10, activesync etc integration. Integrates with my iPhone and my BB10 Blackberries. Excellent support staff.
    04-30-14 10:52 AM
    I've used Exchangemymail as a hosted exchange service for years. Full BES10, activesync etc integration. Integrates with my iPhone and my BB10 Blackberries. Excellent support staff.
    I am just one person with one phone and was just curious if there is any benefit at all to be connected to BES cloud. If so what would I be benefiting from? I do like having work and personal email separated. As for contacts it seems kind of weird your work contacts show up in you personal contacts.
    Edit- I just realized that if your work side is locked work contacts no longer show in personal contact list. I guess that is one way around it....

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 09:08 AM
    I'm one person, one phone as well.
    When I first hooked up the BB10, they advised their hosted BES service was better integrated using the BB10 server rather than activsync. When on BES, I've found little noticeable speed difference in delivery of email or PIM sync compared to AS.

I use Outlook, and Hub syncing (notes, tasks, email filed/deleted) does take longer, compared to AS on an iPhone or my wife's BB10 using AS. AS sync w/ the iPhone on Exchangemymail is almost instantaneous.

Security to/from the phone to the BES server for PIM sync and email is solid, but once email routes away from the BES tunnel (e.g. to someone on IMAP, etc) it's no better than the SSL of AS or of the individual receiving the message.
    Last edited by meagvg; 05-01-14 at 06:04 PM. Reason: typo
    05-01-14 06:04 PM
    I am just one person with one phone and was just curious if there is any benefit at all to be connected to BES [C]loud.
    Absolutely. However, sending encrypted attachments does not appear to be one of those reasons. BES10 Cloud does not follow the conventional process flow whereby attachments are decrypted by BES using the message key and subsequently delivered to the requesting device. That said, one benefit of Cloud is the containerization of apps which are security sensitive and lack password protection. Examples include Bria (VoIP account name and password can be accessed), BlaCaDa (Google Voice PINs), Authomator and VIP Access (TFA keys). Another benefit might be how I have password change and TFA text-to-email requests filter forwarded to the work account. I can guarantee that most users have TFA texts or text-to-email requests sent to their mobile devices in personal space. I can also guarantee that most users have their backup emails as accounts on the device so that password change requests are cyclical within personal space.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2947
    05-01-14 11:35 PM
    Absolutely. However, sending encrypted attachments does not appear to be one of those reasons. BES10 Cloud does not follow the conventional process flow whereby attachments are decrypted by BES using the message key and subsequently delivered to the requesting device. That said, one benefit of Cloud is the containerization of apps which are security sensitive and lack password protection. Examples include Bria (VoIP account name and password can be accessed), BlaCaDa (Google Voice PINs), Authomator and VIP Access (TFA keys). Another benefit might be how I have password change and TFA text-to-email requests filter forwarded to the work account. I can guarantee that most users have TFA texts or text-to-email requests sent to their mobile devices in personal space. I can also guarantee that most users have their backup emails as accounts on the device so that password change requests are cyclical within personal space.

Could someone translate this into simple English please? Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 04:33 PM
    You have Evernote installed with sensitive information recorded for private eyes only. You do not want to upgrade to their Premium service in order to gain the accompanying PIN lock feature. What to do? Allow Evernote into work space with the work space password serving as authentication.

You have two email accounts in personal space (E1 and E2). You lose your phone to your evil ex-girlfriend. She initiates a password change request for E1. The password change link is sent to your backup email address, which just so happens to be E2. She resets your password, deletes all of your data and closes your account. While there are alternative means to circumvent such cyclical events, one way is to filter forward all password change requests to the work space email.

The same holds true for TFA requests of which I have delivered to an SMS-enabled (to avoid the TFA key being displayed in the device call log) VoIP DID. Having the TFA SMS filter forwarded to the work space email within a properly managed work space adds another layer of privatization which would otherwise be difficult to achieve less the option of forwarding such requests to an account not tied to the mobile device.

05-05-14 12:43 AM
    You have Evernote installed with sensitive information recorded for private eyes only. You do not want to upgrade to their Premium service in order to gain the accompanying PIN lock feature. What to do? Allow Evernote into work space with the work space password serving as authentication.

You have two email accounts in personal space (E1 and E2). You lose your phone to your evil ex-girlfriend. She initiates a password change request for E1. The password change link is sent to your backup email address, which just so happens to be E2. She resets your password, deletes all of your data and closes your account. While there are alternative means to circumvent such cyclical events, one way is to filter forward all password change requests to the work space email.

The same holds true for TFA requests of which I have delivered to an SMS-enabled (to avoid the TFA key being displayed in the device call log) VoIP DID. Having the TFA SMS filter forwarded to the work space email within a properly managed work space adds another layer of privatization which would otherwise be difficult to achieve less the option of forwarding such requests to an account not tied to the mobile device.

Thank you for explaining that out a bit more. A couple of good ideas there, especially allowing apps to be used in work space as a way to protect info inside of them. I guess only if you don't have a password on the personal side of your phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 07:31 AM
    may i have bes?tkx bro。。please pm me..
    How much are you willing to pay?

Jokes, charging someone for something that's free isn't cool. I'll PM you tonight about adding you to mine.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 08:14 AM
    I still think CB should host a paid BES for people who want it.
    I don't know about CB. But I'd be interested in setting something up with other fellow CB entrepreneurs. BES10 for individual users sounds like a great idea.
    06-12-14 08:14 PM
    I am using them and i'm having so much trouble with getting an s mime certificate. I had a free one with startssl and it wouldn't work. They want me to create one with openssl but the learning curve is so huge!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:30 PM
    Buy a s/mime at swisssign, it is very easy....

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 01:23 PM
    Buy a s/mime at swisssign, it is very easy....

Posted via CB10
    Can they create the cert for the company?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 04:27 PM
    You could just go with BES12 cloud..licensing prices to connect the devices are the same and it saves you managing the infrastructure and VM yourself.

If there was enough interest, i could spin up a BES for users that wanted a bit more functionality that the cloud offering doesnt offer as we have capacity
    04-07-15 11:21 PM
69 123