Hello,

Does anybody know or have any working concept or solution for next case.

When you want to use enterprise (company) email using BES Enterprise Services and when you go over enterprise account activation process

- on BES 5.x it WILL NOT ASK YOU for your e-mail account password which is set on for example Microsoft Exchange Server and Active Directory for e-mail account which your going to use on BB but on same scenario

- on BES 10.2.x it will ASK YOU to provide your e-mail account password to complete enterprise activation process.

Simple question is,

Is there any way to do enterprise activation on same way as it was via BES 5.x?

If is possible please can you explain to me how as any concept of proof.

Thanks!
    01-07-15 08:15 AM
    You cannot work around this issue... BES10/12 use ActiveSync to connect to email now, not the old/custom BES/Exchange MAPI connector-for example. This is unfortunate as some features/things are lost by going in this direction however it's the same situation on every platform now.
    01-07-15 08:37 AM
    If you configure certificate authentication for activesync in bes 10 you can get round the password entry

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 11:11 AM
    If I set certificate authentication are you sure that then I can perform enterprise activation only with BES activation password on device without to enter mail account (ms exchange and ad account password)?

Can you provide me more details about it since I'm still interesting if there are some sort of solution for it.

I mean time I also noticed that RIM made some new improvements for enterprise in BES 10.3 but still didn't try and get what actually they do regarding to improving enterprise activation.

Thank you for your reply!
    02-06-15 01:39 PM
    The basic gist is that the BES5 server ran as a service account which had full access to everyone's mailbox. This service account worked like a postman, collecting people's mail from Exchange and delivering it to their device. Since the service account was handling the mail, the device did not need to authenticate to Exchange.

BES10 has the device to connect directly to Exchange via ActiveSync. This requires the device to authenticate in order to get access to a mailbox. A common way to prevent having users from maintaining passwords on devices is to implement Certificate Based Authentication (CBA). BES10 supports a technology know as Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) which will automatically retrieve a certificate for a user and install it on the device during Enterprise Activation. Microsoft's implementation of this is know as Network Device Enrollment Service (NDES or MS-SCEP). You will also need to setup your Exchange Client Access Server(s) to accept CBA which mostly involves tweaking IIS settings.

Posted via CB10
    highos likes this.
    04-13-15 07:14 PM
    If I set certificate authentication are you sure that then I can perform enterprise activation only with BES activation password on device without to enter mail account (ms exchange and ad account password)?

Can you provide me more details about it since I'm still interesting if there are some sort of solution for it.

I mean time I also noticed that RIM made some new improvements for enterprise in BES 10.3 but still didn't try and get what actually they do regarding to improving enterprise activation.

Thank you for your reply!
    Exactly what VJgamer said!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 01:13 PM