Hi,

Please advise as I need to get BES 10 installed as soon as possible
    The Ez pass program sounds like a good time to upgrade, however I have some important questions.

1. If I started installation of Bes 10.1.2 (Bundle 15 a few months ago) and at thje instance installation stage, haven't put in the SRP trial key yet. But have lost the email, can I download trial again just to get new SRP trial key for BES 10.1.2 in order to carry on installation?

2. The Ez program requires screenshots of existing BES CALs from BES 5 server. If I had 1 set of bes cals that were used on 2 x BES 5 servers within the same domain can these be used in the EZ upgrade program or would there be a risk of Blackberry blocking either or both these BES 5 SRP keys because the same bescal was used on Both BES 5 servers?

3.The EZ Upgrade program when it comes to an end in January 2015, will my BES 5 servers continue to work or will I have lost the BES5 CALS that have been upgraded?

Thankyou in Advance
    05-21-14 02:39 PM
    Hi,

Please advise as I need to get BES 10 installed as soon as possible
    The Ez pass program sounds like a good time to upgrade, however I have some important questions.

1. If I started installation of Bes 10.1.2 (Bundle 15 a few months ago) and at thje instance installation stage, haven't put in the SRP trial key yet. But have lost the email, can I download trial again just to get new SRP trial key for BES 10.1.2 in order to carry on installation?
    Contact BlackBerry, they should be able to get you squared away without the need to download a new trial.

2. The Ez program requires screenshots of existing BES CALs from BES 5 server. If I had 1 set of bes cals that were used on 2 x BES 5 servers within the same domain can these be used in the EZ upgrade program or would there be a risk of Blackberry blocking either or both these BES 5 SRP keys because the same bescal was used on Both BES 5 servers?
    Why were you using the same CALs on two servers? Were they in a High Availability setup, or did you have two separate servers running the same licenses? If the first, then dont worry about it, but as it sounds like the second, technically you are violating your agreement with BlackBerry that you accept when you install and run the software. They could kill those CALs at any time if they tracked them.

3.The EZ Upgrade program when it comes to an end in January 2015, will my BES 5 servers continue to work or will I have lost the BES5 CALS that have been upgraded?
    The goal is to move you off of BES5 and onto BES10. By that time you will have BES12 available to you and you wont need a separate BES5 install.

Thankyou in Advance
    Answers in red
    05-21-14 08:45 PM