I've been having this problem for the last few days as I'm sure many other BESAdmins are:

KB36028-"Unable to get user details" error message appears after clicking on a user in the Universal Device Service Administration Console

In short, you can no longer open a user's details window in the UDS console after a bad metadata update was automatically sent out on 10/06/14 (who knew that even happened automatically?!). All you get is an error message "Unable to get user details".

EDIT: Forgot to say, until you fix this with either the .sql script or by rolling back your database/server to 09/06/14 you also can't fully activate a user for Secure Work Space on a device.

Quite scary that they can remotely poison all our user databases like that with a seemingly poorly tested change. At least they posted a .sql file to run to fix our databases, but I don't have the full version of SQL running on my BES10 box so I don't have the sql management console installed to run it. Luckily I can just revert my VM back to the 9th of June as I haven't made any changes to it since then.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3175 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 06-12-14 at 04:56 PM.
    highos likes this.
    06-12-14 02:03 PM
    ugh this sounds like a nightmare for some to deal with
    06-12-14 02:41 PM
    I ran into this issue as well yesterday. This was preventing me from transitioning one of my clients of Good to BES10. The activation would fail when setting up Secure Workspace. I was glad to find this KB quickly and resolve the issue without having to call TSupport.
    06-12-14 04:41 PM
    Yes at least for once BlackBerry were quick to put up a KB article, but given that it was their fault that's the least they could do!

Given that through the BlackBerry Account Center they have all BESAdmin's email addresses I think they should have sent out a mail shot alerting us to what they did and apologising!

blusls likes this.
    06-12-14 04:48 PM
    Yes at least for once BlackBerry were quick to put up a KB article, but given that it was their fault that's the least they could do!

Given that through the BlackBerry Account Center they have all BESAdmin's email addresses I think they should have sent out a mail shot alerting us to what they did and apologising!

Agreed, not just for the benefit of their customer, but for their support employees as well taking all these calls from pissed off admins.
    06-12-14 10:03 PM
    For the less technical besadmin the KB article is not straightforward.

BlackBerry should copy Microsoft and the Fixet feature.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 06:32 AM
    Its great then since I cant update anything without a change request and before testing it in the uat environment. Thanks to ITIL for that. I guess thats why we wait at least a month before rolling out anything. (except 0 day exploits.)

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 06:35 AM
    I can at least confirm the fix worked for me ;-)

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 01:12 AM
    Its great then since I cant update anything without a change request and before testing it in the uat environment. Thanks to ITIL for that. I guess thats why we wait at least a month before rolling out anything. (except 0 day exploits.)

Posted via CB10
    Same with us... Sandbox. Dev. Qut. And then Production - I don't know where you work but implementing change is slow and careful where I work. . Good thing I'm payed by the hour.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-27-14 01:26 AM