Hi All

I've got BES10 rolled out and everyone is quite happy, apart from the PA. She needs to be able to manage additional shared calendars. Pre-BES10 I could add multiple ActiveSync accounts. This is now not possible.

Does anyone have a work around? It's quite imperative to find a solution as it pretty much sinks the whole "we've got to be Blackberry" idea.
    01-16-14 06:11 AM
    AFAIK with BES there is no solution to this. You could have her device only using ActiveSync, and just sync the calendars (instead of all PIM) for those accounts.
    01-16-14 10:45 AM
    Once BES is in control of a domain, you can no longer have a Blackberry use Active Sync alone. The phone doesn?t let you.

Z10 until Z30
    01-16-14 05:46 PM
    Once BES is in control of a domain, you can no longer have a Blackberry use Active Sync alone. The phone doesn?t let you.

Z10 until Z30
    Yes that is correct. No BES for that user.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 08:53 PM
    Worse, because BES has that domain, that user can no longer use ActiveSync on a Blackberry 10 device to receive mail from another account if they need two accounts available. Balance only supports one account at a time.

PA's and delegates are now having issues. So, shop floor consensus is: "Why don't you get iPhones and Androids as they do work? So do Windows phones!"

This is quite a shocking flaw in the way it works.

Now, do the BES team listen? If so, what's the best way to get in contact with them? Any ideas?
    01-17-14 07:28 AM
    Worse, because BES has that domain, that user can no longer use ActiveSync on a Blackberry 10 device to receive mail from another account if they need two accounts available. Balance only supports one account at a time.

PA's and delegates are now having issues. So, shop floor consensus is: "Why don't you get iPhones and Androids as they do work? So do Windows phones!"

This is quite a shocking flaw in the way it works.

Now, do the BES team listen? If so, what's the best way to get in contact with them? Any ideas?
    You should be able to activate that user without BES on EAS without issue. Are you saying you cannot do this? Basically remove balance/work account, and use only EAS for those users. In this regard, it should work exactly as the other devices do.
    01-17-14 10:12 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions Sith_Apprentice. I kind of worked with this as a starting point. I'm on BES10.2 with OS 10.2.1 and if you have a user already configured with Balance, you can not add someone from the same SMTP namespace if they do or do NOT have a BES account too.

My work around was kind of how you suggested, use an EAS account. Due to the SMTP namespace I couldn't use the company one which we broadcast, but I could use another one. I opted to configure using the internal one.

A complete understanding and walkthrough is on my blog, here.
    02-03-14 06:22 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions Sith_Apprentice. I kind of worked with this as a starting point. I'm on BES10.2 with OS 10.2.1 and if you have a user already configured with Balance, you can not add someone from the same SMTP namespace if they do or do NOT have a BES account too.

My work around was kind of how you suggested, use an EAS account. Due to the SMTP namespace I couldn't use the company one which we broadcast, but I could use another one. I opted to configure using the internal one.

A complete understanding and walkthrough is on my blog, here.
    The workaround, as you've discovered, is to use another email domain name when adding the account to the phone that your company owns but that BES10 doesn't control.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    02-03-14 07:29 PM