And it was actually written by this place

BlackBerry's Indian Demand Slumps - Zacks.com

not yahoo
    As I have repeatedly stated, it is immaterial who writes it. That's what editors do. They certainly don't take every single story from the wire services or any other source and print it. They decide which stories to publish or not publish.

If those are wire stories or syndicated content, they are run as-is. If they are in-house stories, they are written/edited. All of those things are what define the POV of your publication.

Just the selection of which photo to run of a person you are doing an article on has a very substantial impact in many cases on how the subject of that story is perceived.

Look at this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...-proof-778743/

Which picture would you run if you were the editor?
    03-14-13 09:53 PM
    right... that the pic that Reuters published. And the guy that took it had several others of her that were really bad.
    03-14-13 09:57 PM
    Oh and you know what's funny - it seems that most of these stupid negative-nelly "financial analyst" stories are written by hacks.

If you look at the reputable financial companies, like Goldman Sachs and Wells Fargo, they are LONG BBRY. In fact, I think Goldman just upped their outlook on BBRY.

BlackBerry 10 analysis: Goldman Sachs says ignore the chatter | BGR
    StreetInsider.com - Goldman Sachs Still Positive on BlackBerry (BBRY)
    StreetInsider.com - Wells Fargo Upgrades Research In Motion Ltd. (BBRY) to Outperform as New Analyst Takes Over
    StreetInsider.com - Wells Fargo Confident Blackberry (BBRY) Will Ship 2.5M Units in May Quarter

Do you see Yahoo running those stories? Virtually NEVER. And I look at the Yahoo Finance page for BBRY nearly every trading day.
    03-14-13 10:00 PM
    if it bothers you, stop looking at yahoo
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    03-14-13 10:02 PM
    right... that the pic that Reuters published. And the guy that took it had several others of her that were really bad.
    That's not what I asked. I repeat: if you were the editor, which picture would you run?
    03-14-13 10:02 PM
    if it bothers you, stop looking at yahoo
    LOL, no - my response to news that is annoying or suspicious/fraudulent is not to bury my head in the sand and try to stop thinking about it. But thanks for the suggestion.
    03-14-13 10:03 PM
    So if yahoo finance is so bad why do you look at it everyday! Its the same as all the BGR haters cant resist not posting on here saying how bad the articles are and then link us to the article so he gets hits lol
    03-14-13 10:04 PM
    That's not what I asked. I repeat: if you were the editor, which picture would you run?
    i dont think there is a yahoo editor looking at the content as much as its automatically pulled from other sources. **** i saw the article from zacks on Reuters and also the Nasdaq site itself also
    03-14-13 10:05 PM
    So if yahoo finance is so bad why do you look at it everyday! Its the same as all the BGR haters cant resist not posting on here saying how bad the articles are and then link us to the article so he gets hits lol
    Exactly.

I tend not to look at things that hurt my eyes LOL.

These guys must be laughing all the way to the bank.
    03-14-13 10:06 PM
    I use the site because it's a convenient way to monitor the stock price. I'm not worried about that part.

I see a pattern of ostrich-thinking here though: information you don't like? Avoid it!

Good thing Thorsten Heins stopped that practice at RIM or we wouldn't be here having discussions about it today.
    03-14-13 10:19 PM
    i dont think there is a yahoo editor looking at the content as much as its automatically pulled from other sources. **** i saw the article from zacks on Reuters and also the Nasdaq site itself also
    You apparently haven't read anything I've written here, or it's going in one ear and out the other.
    03-14-13 10:20 PM
    Please re-read the post I wrote about US election polling last year.
    03-14-13 10:23 PM
    you are not going to change yahoo by whining about yahoo at Crackberry, not gonna happen,
    and i read yahoo, does not bother me, but it bothers you, so the advise is for you to stop reading yahoo
    03-14-13 10:42 PM
    And I advise you to stop reading these threads.

As for me, I'll continue doing what I do. Once again, thanks for the suggestions though.
    03-15-13 02:14 AM
    Here's the thing.

What determines the long term price of this stock is institutional flows, not me, not you. For the record, they do NOT read Yahoo finance.

So yes, Yahoo may be for some reason horribly negative, or it may partner with news services that are horribly negative. But I don't think it really matters. I don't think it has any impact on the stock whatsoever.
    03-16-13 01:20 AM
    03-16-13 02:18 PM
    Good find, I heard the same quote buried in a bunch of other Yahoo news back then, but hadn't seen an article dedicated to pointing out that particularly annoying swipe she made at Blackberry.
    03-16-13 04:00 PM
    Same woman that stopped yahoo employees from working from home. Wonder how long she will last as ceo!!!!
    03-16-13 04:06 PM
    well that is exactly what it is pretty much. Its just pulling blackberry related threads. Yes a few are negative stories but I highly doubt they are being selected by a human to show a negative slant against BB in this case.
    Or it could be that all the BlackBerry threads it can choose from are negative, so you get what is available.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 04:10 PM
    Or it could be that all the BlackBerry threads it can choose from are negative, so you get what is available.
    In my experience, the absence of the positive analysis is rather obvious. The most credible organizations, like Goldman Sachs and Wells Fargo, have been positive on BBRY for weeks if not months, and Goldman Sachs just reiterated that the other day. But those articles seem to rarely hit the Yahoo news feed for BBRY.
    03-16-13 04:16 PM
    I don't care for Yahoo either, because of their lack of security. Seems every crackhead wanting to send spam uses Yahoo. But, it would seem they are far from "dead". Their shares are priced at $22.06 right now and increased from $15.80 last September.
    03-18-13 11:07 AM
    I'm not into conspriacy theories but:

BlackBerry CEO wary of producing a PlayBook sequel - Yahoo! News

Everyone else in the world is quoting TH and his Apple comment..Yahoo uses an old picture and posts this?
    03-18-13 10:39 PM
    I'm not into conspriacy theories but:

BlackBerry CEO wary of producing a PlayBook sequel - Yahoo! News

Everyone else in the world is quoting TH and his Apple comment..Yahoo uses an old picture and posts this?
    it was BGR not yahoo....
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-18-13 10:54 PM
    it was BGR not yahoo....
    For the umpteenth time, one of the most important ways any publication puts their unique spin on the news is choosing which stories they publish, whether or not they write them themselves, and in what context they publish them. (ie repeatedly using unflattering pictures, habitually ignoring positive stories and publishing negative ones, etc.)

Case in point: BoyGeniusReport is INFAMOUS for being consistently Blackberry-critical, for years now. But BGR is just another blog, just like Crackberry, right?

So I'd like a show of hands from people here, who have EVER seen a Crackberry article about RIM/Blackberry quoted on Yahoo News, or on the financial page for RIM or BBRY.

Anyone?

Let me spoon feed ya'll:

Google Query: "BGR News" site:news.yahoo.com
    About 13,500 results
    Google Query: "Crackberry" site:news.yahoo.com
    About 601 results
    Despite the fact that I double-quoted "Crackberry" capitalized to try to minimize the occurrences of the "crackberry" colloquialism, and despite the fact that "Crackberry" STILL produced a ton of hits for MANY articles which have NOTHING to do with Crackberry.com (I think it's safe to say that conversely, that phenomena would be quite minimal with a search term like "BGR News"), that's over a 20 to 1 ratio in favor of BGR.

People are free to have their own opinions but not free to have their own facts.

[Caveat: BGR is a more "general" tech blog than Crackberry is. That may well lead to more exposure by default. But 20-1, even including all the "Crackberry" hits polluting the Crackberry scores? I think not.]
    Umedon likes this.
    03-20-13 01:01 AM
49 12