I love the Z10 and I don't even own one (Sprint user). I will love my Q10 and will be sure to let you know each day.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-28-13 09:35 PM
    As you can see, OP, your assumption that everyone is unhappy with their phone is way off base. As are your bullets. I am curious as to how you are reading your charts for stock price as what I see takes us well beyond $20. Not in the next month or so maybe, but well beyond in the not so distant future.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 09:46 PM
    My Droid 3 had more battery pulls than my z10. I never have to pull the damned battery and I have no reboot problems. I do have an irritating issue with my phone application that i think is tied to bluetooth messing up that requires the occasional reboot though.
    05-28-13 10:48 PM
    I love my Z10, I may not say it enough. When I write on these forums I try to give constructive criticism because I love blackberry. A the only issue I currently have is the App gap with other platforms. That is it.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 12:54 AM
    They restructured the company just to announce Chapter 11....DOH. Dream on OP. Rome was not built in a day. Patience bro!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 02:38 AM
    I'm just gonna say I love my Z10! Sure there is a couple minor bugs and some things are missing from legacy, but overall I couldn't be much happier knowing that this is a fresh start for BlackBerry! They have come a long ways and there is still work to be done, but I feel like BlackBerry is doing a really good job so far and I'm confident that there are many great things to come!

P.S. It has been stated so many times, but BlackBerry is not for everyone! Neither is Android or Apple! I will gladly take my Z10 over any other smartphone out there!

P.S.S. Referring to above about knowing people with BlackBerry phones. My fiance, cousin and I have Z10's. My lil bro still has a Torch 9850 and his upgrade eligibility is today so he might upgrade if I don't persuade him to wait and take mine when the next flagship device rolls out... Lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by HossAlmighty; 06-01-13 at 02:04 AM.
    05-29-13 02:51 AM

- rumors that BBRY will cut production volumes sharply look - shall we say - well sourced.
    The rumor that you just started? Well I don't believe in that rumor.
    peter9477 and MasterOfBinary like this.
    05-29-13 05:19 AM
    The only writing on the wall that I see shows a path to certain ruination for all those who have shorted and not covered for BBRY.
    05-29-13 06:22 AM
    The one thing for me is even if I could buy one right now I wouldn't and won't unless the random rebooting is cured. I have to wonder how many that could or would get one now aren't for the same reason?
    05-29-13 07:26 AM
    Love my #Z10 like family because my family all has one! That being said the entire US rollout has been frustrating. I don't blame blackberry though

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 12:11 PM
    Love the Z more today than the day I unboxed it.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 12:59 PM
    I love my z10.. but why would I make a post expressing this just for fun?

Posted via CB10
    northernrds likes this.
    05-30-13 09:47 AM
    I didnt know charts talk? BBRY is not about charts. Low stock price because of:
    Sheer manipulation and
    IR and the PR department at Blackberry is asleep and totally incompetent.

BBRY will be at 60 if BBRY knew how to handle wall street and the media. Its a solid company.
    05-31-13 03:03 PM
    - consistently over half the threads here strongly negative or from people pulling their hair out about unsolveable issues

- the once prevalent 'I'm lovin' my Z10' threads have dwindled to near silence

- 3 months in, early problems still not fixed, ongoing issues losing good customers

- new customers? Not much sign, although when they do post here (usually along the 'wth' lines), they get abuse for not knowing better

- old customers? Well, 12 year users like me have given up - I need a reliable smartphone, not something I have to make allowances or excuses for

- most traditional USPs gone - BIS? Dead. Push email? Not necessarily. Low data usage? No more. Long battery life? History. Sync? One day maybe. Reliability? Cough... BBM? We're giving it away

- share price? Volumes have settled down, charts say it won't break $20 again

- rumors that BBRY will cut production volumes sharply look - shall we say - well sourced.

Whaddyathink? Any tricks left up the sleeve or case study in how to lose a loyal customer base while failing to attract a new one?
    Isn't HTC going down the drains? I see that you switched to HTC one, isn't HTC in financial trouble? If it's such a great company why is it going down the tubes? Just because you bought a competitor phone, all of the sudden Blackberry is doom and gloom and HTC is hero for all? I left blackberry after Torch now I am back with a Q10. You could say, I left blackberry right at its peak and switched back right when its turning around. I think my phone decisions played off better than yours.

You don't sell on the bottom my friend.
    Acumenight and SK122387 like this.
    05-31-13 04:40 PM
    In all fairness, I thought the OPs original list was not unreasonable based on the large body of news and analysis which the industry has leveled toward BB ever since their stock started its freefall. To be honest most of those points are things I had believed, and some of them are still things I consider to be fair assessments of the situation as it stands.

The counter to my negative emotions for BB can be summed up in three letters: Q10. My personal journey back to this fold did not start with the announcement of the new devices and specs/information about the new operating system. Due to the fact (yes, irrefutable fact) the company's stock, public image, and installed user base have been in freefall, it's not a stretch to assume they are making their final gamble based almost exclusively on the performance of the Z10 and Q10. I sincerely hope the company survives, but if it doesn't then its demise will not come as some huge surprise as if it has been on stable ground the whole time and suddenly a sinkhole opened up in Waterloo.

The title of this thread is a legitimate question and worthy of well-reasoned discussion. I can share personal experience from my end. I had no intent of returning to BlackBerry, and frankly could have cared less about the launch of the Z10. In my estimation the all-touch experience is owned by other devices at this time, and to fight for market share in that already-crowded field is a strategy I can't really figure out. Don't really care why however, I'm sure BB has their reasons for the staggered launch and the order in which they put out the new devices. Anyway, even though I had been a long time BB diehard in the past, I had come to accept the demise of BB a given, and just assumed the last couple devices would be seen historically as the death throes of a corporate disaster.

Last week my thinking around the situation changed. I can't explain exactly why, but I was aware the Q10 would likely drop this coming week in the US. I had heard of its decent reception overseas and was intrigued by the positive press. Prior to this I had read some of the tech blogs' hands-on review of the Q10, and they all seemed to sum up their articles with one point; that for someone who needs/wants a QWERTY keyboard, the Q10 is the handset to get. At the time I found it intellectually interesting that nobody came away with seriously negative impressions, but they focused on the obvious keyboard difference almost exclusively. Of course the current state of the App World didn't help show a strong positive light on getting a BB device.

Back to my story.....last week I started seeing more press photos of the Q10, and although it doesn't look all that different from the most recent Bold line, there was something inside me that tugged at my heart strings. I'm sure some of it was nostalgia due to the fact I was deeply involved in the CB nation during the heyday, and had such a love and passion for the devices. Not all of it can be chalked up to nostalgia, however. I am aware that since I left BB, I have unintentionally become more and more sucked in to the world of content consumption, app worship, and rapid release of new iOS and Android hardware. Well maybe not rapid for iOS, but certainly a strong showing and public reception with each iteration. I started to reflect on this and began to remember how "connected" to people I had been back when I was using a berry. In all the devices and mobile operating systems I've used since, I've never found that deep-seated love and passion for using a device; the closest I came was running the spec war and always using the latest greatest fastest "best" device.

After thinking about the way my phone usage has changed, I began to long for simple, effective, and efficient communication. To some extent this can be accomplished on other devices, but it's a difficult thing to separate out from all the other things which have the potential to capture your time and attention while using the device. Today I'm in the middle of an experiment, having gotten rid of both my iPhone 5 and my Note 2 I've gone temporarily to a 9930 until I get my preordered Q10. I've been surprised at how little I miss all the other capabilities provided by iOS and Android, and I've also been very pleasantly surprised to see just how much better my communication workflow has become especially in terms of rapid response to email and by nature of the customized alerts for almost everything and everyone trying to contact me. It has also been a joy typing on the QWERTY again. I'm very good with soft keyboards, and actually type more quickly on them than I do on the Bold 9930, but it is so much more satisfying and enjoyable to use the QWERTY.....so much so that I find myself wanting to bang out a quick message here and there, or maybe even to write a multi-paragraph item. Doing that on a glass screen is more of a chore to me, a means to an end. The Bold provides the means to the end, but also is an end of itself.

I've gone on long enough here and have said most of these things in other threads so I'll wrap it up. In short, I think the OP had / has legitimate concerns. I had the same concerns and still have some of them, but due 100% to the Q10 my attitude towards the company's situation has done a 180. I'll get a Q10 and use it. My guess is it will do exactly what I expect and part of that is I don't expect it to do everything. If it continues on a positive trend started by my use of the 9930, I will probably return as a rabid supporter of the company and its future. The company may fold, but based on my personal experience I can see how their methods have affected one former user, and I don't think I'm alone in this camp. It's going to be quite a ride this year!

One last thing, and it's something I see all over this site. If someone posts a concern about the company or the future, don't just jump at the chance to spout off about them selling short. It's very unlikely this is the case, and if someone is selling short then I guarantee their best strategy would not be to jump on a fan site and post a few lines and negative impressions. If you're in that position you have much, much bigger fish to fry than to worry about getting someone's panties in a bunch around here.

I'm cautious about BB's future, but in the past week that caution has changed to cautious optimism. I hope I'm not the only one who has experienced this attitude shift, and I hope BB devices are my companion for a long time to come.
    06-02-13 02:20 AM
    The only words being written on the wall are by U.S. carriers, finally giving us their launch dates.

The Q10 and 10.1 will make anyone who's considering a BlackBerry happy, and people who already have a Z10 even happier.

People come here to tell us about reboots because they probably Google (or Bing if they're weird) "BlackBerry Z10 reboots" if their phone is having this issue, and then they see the CrackBerry article in the Google results. So they come onto CrackBerry, write a little thread about their reboot, then get yelled at by members who tell them to use the Search button.

Is someone (the average user, not the CrackBerry fanatics) having absolutely NO problems with their Z10 going to hop online and search "Where To Tell People That I Like My Z10," and write a few paragraphs on how great it is???? Probably not. People get online to search for answers to their problems. Ever heard of WebMD? So if someone, like THE OP, comes and browses the forums, they're going to see threads about reboots because, yes, this is a real issue.

It just seems like the OP is looking for "writing on the wall" because they want it to be there.
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-02-13 03:05 AM
    Great post Bartle, I concur, works for me, I have been shorting BB more so than being long, such is the trend and where the profits are,more downside to follow. Folk I have family and friends looking for a new phone include options only as S4 and iPhone, zero consideration for BB products. All downhill from here for BB, not impressed with their marketing, transparency and more. I am a daytrader, not a smartphone owner, albeit do own a Playbook just cause it was inexpensive and serves my purposes for the most part, however have some basic issues with it that are no major deal, albeit surprised to incur such, john wonder BB is out of the Playbook market now. In short, no pun intended, BB is going to fall in price. Good luck all. For the record I am in cash for the moment, daytrader I am, hate holding investments overnight and weekend, made +1.7% on Friday with 8 trades round trip, 6 shorting BB, 1 long BB, 2 short VRX. Looking forward to the hopium DOW crashing soon, very soon which will bring down share value in many stocks including BB
    06-02-13 05:11 AM
    BlackBerry does not need anyone.. I would hate to see it getting acquired..they have a head start in mobile computing, real time OS and connected car technology...i am long BlackBerry and would love to see thier vision play out...only quick traders love getting aquired

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-02-13 08:26 AM
    26 more days and we will see exactly how well BlackBerry 10 devices are selling when numbers are released...until then I must not write all over the walls...

Writing on the wall?-simpsons.s22e03-i-must-not-write-all-over-walls.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by russworman; 06-02-13 at 11:47 AM.
    06-02-13 11:27 AM
    Good luck to you all - I get that you love your Z10s!

I'm not a day trader and hold no position in Blackberry's stock. I'm really impressed that it's clearly such a fundamental thing for you guys in the States to back your hunches and beliefs - it tends not to occur to us in the UK. Even if it did, I would never short Blackberry - been my faithful friend for most of my cell phone years.

The comment on production cuts was sourced from an online newspaper story - I can dig out a link if anyone's interested or can't find it. Anecdotally in my small part of the universe, my local Carphone Warehouse store used to have a 'Blackberry' section when the Z10 was launched. It no longer does - Blackberry phones are now in the 'Other' section. They aren't selling in great volumes they say, but no doubt the Q10 may change that.
    06-02-13 01:41 PM
    - consistently over half the threads here strongly negative or from people pulling their hair out about unsolveable issues
    - the once prevalent 'I'm lovin' my Z10' threads have dwindled to near silence
    - 3 months in, early problems still not fixed, ongoing issues losing good customers
    - new customers? Not much sign, although when they do post here (usually along the 'wth' lines), they get abuse for not knowing better
    - old customers? Well, 12 year users like me have given up - I need a reliable smartphone, not something I have to make allowances or excuses for
    - most traditional USPs gone - BIS? Dead. Push email? Not necessarily. Low data usage? No more. Long battery life? History. Sync? One day maybe. Reliability? Cough... BBM? We're giving it away
    - share price? Volumes have settled down, charts say it won't break $20 again

Whaddyathink? Any tricks left up the sleeve or case study in how to lose a loyal customer base while failing to attract a new one?
    Your entitled to your opinions, however I truly believe that you're in a minority dear fellow BlackBerry user. I trust that you have and continue to use a BlackBerry device. I know I am, and my wife recently jumped on the bandwagon. She recently purchased her very first BlackBerry device, a shiny new Q10. In the end, time will undoubtedly tell. Stay positive and have a look at the brighter side, you may be delightfully surprised.

Posted with my STL100-3 OS version .2354 on AT&T
    06-02-13 10:35 PM
    LOL - nature of forums. Pick your poison - iMore, WPcentral, AndroidCentral etc and go into the forums.
    06-02-13 10:43 PM
    Go to a Land Rover forum. From all the complaints and people looking for help with problems you would think no one would by one but I see them every day. Had two Discovery's and liked them. May buy another. BlackBerry phones are great but nothing is perfect in eveyone's eyes.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 11:49 PM
    You forgot one thing from your list, end of the world, but apart from that spot on. :sarcasm:

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 03:22 PM
    I love my zed10 and will start posting it daily to overcome the negative posters and help get new customers lol or I'll just keep loving my zed10 like the rest of the people here

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    06-06-13 03:40 PM
57 123