06-07-13 02:32 AM
57 123
tools
    - consistently over half the threads here strongly negative or from people pulling their hair out about unsolveable issues

- the once prevalent 'I'm lovin' my Z10' threads have dwindled to near silence

- 3 months in, early problems still not fixed, ongoing issues losing good customers

- new customers? Not much sign, although when they do post here (usually along the 'wth' lines), they get abuse for not knowing better

- old customers? Well, 12 year users like me have given up - I need a reliable smartphone, not something I have to make allowances or excuses for

- most traditional USPs gone - BIS? Dead. Push email? Not necessarily. Low data usage? No more. Long battery life? History. Sync? One day maybe. Reliability? Cough... BBM? We're giving it away

- share price? Volumes have settled down, charts say it won't break $20 again

- rumors that BBRY will cut production volumes sharply look - shall we say - well sourced.

Whaddyathink? Any tricks left up the sleeve or case study in how to lose a loyal customer base while failing to attract a new one?
    SEAWARRIOR and lovemyspanish like this.
    05-28-13 06:56 PM
    Source for production cut rumors please?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 06:59 PM
    - consistently over half the threads here strongly negative or from people pulling their hair out about unsolveable issues

- 3 months in, early problems still not fixed, ongoing issues losing good customers

- new customers? Not much sign, although when they do post here (usually along the 'wth' lines), they get abuse for not knowing better

- old customers? Well, 12 year users like me have given up - I need a reliable smartphone, not something I have to make allowances or excuses for

- most traditional USPs gone - BIS? Dead. Push email? Not necessarily. Low data usage? No more. Long battery life? History. Sync? One day maybe. Reliability? Cough... BBM? We're giving it away

- rumors that BBRY will cut production volumes sharply look - shall we say - well sourced.

Whaddyathink? Any tricks left up the sleeve or case study in how to lose a loyal customer base while failing to attract a new one?
    I Love my Z more every day...
    05-28-13 07:16 PM
    I love my Z10 and LEZ10. They work great and a pleasure to develop for. No problems and they do what I need them for.
    Snap51 likes this.
    05-28-13 07:19 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:22 PM
    Another worried short posting rumors? Close out your positions now if you're so worried. My Z10 is great, much better than iPhone for work. I have no problem with Android phones, but MUCH prefer the BB10 experience, especially browser speed and accuracy. The predictive text is far better than any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:25 PM
    LOL, its way to early to be jumping ship. Its all rumours!
    russworman likes this.
    05-28-13 07:26 PM
    Wow all your gripes are not common to millions of users.

I for one have none of the issues you posted about and like me many CB users don't either.

Nobody posting I love my z10 anymore cause those posters have no issues like myself so no need to remind other members on how much we love our z10's

Its simple math really all the negative posters like yourself always seem to never ask questions, but instead post about how big of a whiner they are and how afraid they are to ask questions and more so never use the search feature of CB.

Horrible it is as if I were running CB half of these if not all of these whiner posts/threads would be gone.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:33 PM
    Love my Z....sorry I don't come on here everyday to tell people that.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    05-28-13 07:33 PM
    So if you have such an extensive list of what's wrong with BlackBerry, why aren't you enjoying your brand new Android or IOS device right now instead of "suffering" with us poor BlackBerry souls? If I were on a sinking ship, i'd be looking for a lifeboat, not standing on deck talking about how many leaks are in the hull.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:38 PM
    As someone already stated, people who are happy, which I would say are the majority, will not take the time to post on CB daily about it. You will always see negative threads because those are the people who are usually the loudest.

Posted via CB10
    russworman and mermonster like this.
    05-28-13 07:42 PM
    The reason the "I'm loving my Z10 " threads have died down is only because a lot of us are just using the Z10 and have nothing further tin say for the time being. The Z10 is still easily the best phone I have used in a long time and I see nothing hut good things in the future for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:49 PM
    If you look at the summary of comments for the .2342 leak the positive outweigh the negative more than 10 to 1.

I just have the browser cache issue where you have to close browser if google doesnt work after clearing cookies but w.e

Again, 10 to 1+

VJKVJF||
    05-28-13 07:56 PM
    Ray689, you are 110% correct

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    05-28-13 07:59 PM

The first one partially occurs because people feel the need to create a new thread when returning a device even though there is a thread for that. Those who truly want help with device issues create posts in such a way that they are able to get help and help others. If you don't ask for help, you can't get it lol.

The second one happens less because people actually use the "I got my Z" thread as opposed to just creating a new thread to proclaim how great there Z is...

Three months in and 10.1 is rolling out to carriers. It is true not all carriers have it yet, but, that is due to BlackBerry rolling it out as they have fixed reboot issue and etc on certain carriers. Shortly after 10.1 is out we can look forward to 10.2 which will bring more fixes and features. Where is 6.2 on IPhone? BlackBerry is even monitoring the CB forums to learn of issues and possible new features.

New customer totals is completely questionable right now as I have not seen any numbers released. Only thing to note is that 55% are coming from other platforms.

Old customer totals are questionable as once again I have not seen any numbers released. I have noted that you have given up.

BIS is not really necessary. Push email depends on your email providers just like every other platform. Data usage is the same as other platforms and have not noticed any difference from my iPhone 4s. Battery life is reported by many to be 12 hours or more with heavy use and personally I get 15 on a charge with heavy use. Not sure what you mean by history, but, if it relates to emails they are fixing the time limit. I've not had issues with syncing. Aside from reboots which they are fixing, haven't seen any reliability issues. BBM on other platforms just makes sense.

Share price has been affected by baseless rumors and speculation. I would guess that people short on BlackBerry are worried. SEC is investigating one such baseless claim and VZW even backed up BlackBerry on this one.

Rumors of production cuts again are baseless at this time.

10.2 features show that they are not done and indeed do have more tricks up there sleeves.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:07 PM
    I'll make sure I post "I love my Z10" every day to make sure everyone knows that.
    shads77 likes this.
    05-28-13 08:14 PM
    I want to see his chart and hear his hypothesis of share price never going over twenty bucks.

Not expecting a reply though.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:18 PM
    I really like my z10 , random reboots and all! Not unhappy with choice.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-28-13 08:24 PM
    Is this a joke?

- Yes there are issues. BlackBerry is fixing them too and a lot are solved by the latest leaks which will reach customers eventually.
    - The novelty has worn off, a lot of people still love their BBs but it's not a brand new OS anymore and people got the "I'm loving my Z10" out of their system already.
    - There are new customers. They aren't all going to be coming here though; unless they have problems.
    - Probably some people left. BB10 still has teething problems, but like I said, a lot of issues have been fixed.
    - Leaks have fixed battery life for a lot of people; BIS and low data usage aren't on other platforms so they were probably never features that brought other users; reliability seems to be dependent on the phone. BBM is hardly anything someone should buy a phone for.
    - I don't give a **** about share price.
    - Rumors are rumors - and everybody and their uncle has one right now. And, whoop-dee-doo, everyone else's rumors are "well sourced" too. The only rumors I take as 100% true are @AnalystCat's.

So yea. This thread is going to start a flame war and I'll probably (try to) stay out of it.

Cheers.
    russworman and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-28-13 08:27 PM
    I Love my Z...I Love my Z...I Love my Z - Happy now?
    But I don't want to be coming in here every day typing the same thing to keep people like you happy
    05-28-13 08:31 PM
    Love the Z, i at least see one new person a day posting an introduction, just because they don't all post here doesn't mean there aren't any new users.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    Shanerredflag, eldricho and bloog like this.
    05-28-13 08:33 PM

Me too! I'm short BBRY shares and don't want them to do well either!!!

Sigh... face palm, pencil in eye

Posted via Z10
    05-28-13 09:23 PM
    OP, what price are your short at? It's okay, you can tell us.
    Shanerredflag and geoffsdad like this.
    05-28-13 09:25 PM
    I don't know whether any of the OP's points are true. Personally I agree I need a reliable phone and the Z10 has not bewen that. But, in fairness, it's new, so's the OS, etc, etc, etc. So that goes with the turf. But there is one thing that leads me to wonder whether the gist of this post has merit. And that is I am the only person I know, or any of my friends know of, who has either the Z10 or the Q10. Now that is scary, because if you take that as even remotely representative of the market, then the writing most definitely has to be on the wall.
    We know tonnes of people with iPhones, Samsungs, even HTCs, admitedly no Nokias (not the new ones anyway). I just wonder if everyone here counts how many people they know who have the new BB's, whether their experience is so different to mine?
    05-28-13 09:27 PM
    Still Lovin my Z10. Had since day one Feb 5th. Silky smooth

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 09:29 PM
57 123