I was sitting in the keynote at Blackberry Live last week in the third row center behind a guy who was telling his buddies that he was walking down the street in New York and ran into a hedge fund guy who was short Blackberry and he threatened him. I have seen Peter Misek on TV and it wasn't him. The only thing I remember about the guy was that he had some pretty big muscles, was in good shapre and it was clear he could take care of himself. Does anybody know what the Morgan Stanley analyst looks like? The shorters are clearly feeling the heat.
    I originally posted this article to bring attention to what I thought the writer message really was about, sales sure he mentioned those, but I think the real message was to prepare shareholders for the rough ride Blackberry stock is on. But the good folks here at Crackberry took this article in the wrong direction, and posted on the front page about sales. This is not what the original writer had intended, his focus was on short sided interest and the effect this was having on the stock. The real story is written in between the lines and I feel Crackberry took the focus in the wrong direction' besides there headline was misleading as well. (Q10 outsells Galaxy $ in the UK)
    If this story has merit it should be investigated and I think Crackberry should be on that side of the story, the real story.
    05-23-13 01:45 PM
    Guys, it's all about earnings......

While we're all big BBerry fans but at the end of the day, the company has to be profitable. Q1 will be a good indicator of the health of the "re-launch" and will (hopefully) shut these shorters down.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-24-13 07:52 AM
    Guys, it's all about earnings......

While we're all big BBerry fans but at the end of the day, the company has to be profitable. Q1 will be a good indicator of the health of the "re-launch" and will (hopefully) shut these shorters down.
    Ding! We have a winna! Give that poster a ceegar!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 02:13 PM
    Ding! We have a winna! Give that poster a ceegar!

Posted via CB10
    In this case I disagree if all it was about was earnings. then the last quarter should of stabilized the stock.
    No debt, two billion in cash, 97 million profit. Lets not forget the launch of a new operating system, and I will take this one step further all Blackberry needs to do is maintain there position (user base) with the higher margins of there new operating system just maintaining there base leads to profit.
    Now add the launch of the Q10 and soon the Q5 all while maintaining there cash. Even at Blackberry live, an Exec stated they still have billion in cash.
    Billions in cash no debt and a relatively successful launch. Blackberry doesn't need to sell 30 million phones a mouth 6% market share for now and build for the future.
    This is what the market is missing and the shorts are playing on( potty journalism) to lower the stock.
    The only thing I will agree with is that steady earning reports and consecutive quarters of growth will finally put these shorts in there place.
    05-24-13 04:56 PM
    @BB_Trader
    Haha your name states that you trade BBRY, but also your picture is of a bear.... Y U NO BULL?
    05-24-13 09:09 PM
    Could it really be true that short sellers are beginning to get THAT desperate? I'd say it remains to be seen whether such reports really are true but this sounds pretty interesting, nonetheless. I'll stay tuned...
    If we consider that short sellers move in heard just like the rest of Wallstreet, then we remember the beating they've taken recently on other shorted stocks. It's clear a few are on their last kick at the can with BlackBerry. Some form of this report is very believable.
    One of the easier things would be threats! Too easy. Very sad!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 06:04 AM
31 12