06-16-13 08:43 AM
49 12
tools
    $100. nothing less, maybe more.

As of now, the BB10 platform and the Z10 (and soon the Q10) is a top end phone, it's just a shame the lack of apps is what people first look at as a deciding factor for a platforms success.
    lack of apps???!!! i guess 100k of 'em ain't enough...
    04-17-13 01:51 PM
    I think the largest premium that a company has ever been purchased for, relative to it's publicly traded share value has been 50 or 60 pct. You guys are talking about a premium of over 350%. I get that most people here don't get how mergers and acquisitions work, but still the levels of delusion on Crack berry continue to amaze and amuse me.
    mmm,,, mmm,,, mmm,,, that kool-aid sure is tasty...
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-17-13 01:53 PM
    Op, that's an interesting hypothetical... Clearly if it did happen it wouldn't be that high, but just for the sake of argument let's say it WAS 60-100. I'd sure like the money, but I'm with the other posters who said "No Thanks". You know if anyone else got their hands on BlackBerry that they would destroy it. At the very least it would lose its integrity. I just don't want to live in that world, haha. But seriously
    04-17-13 02:12 PM
    Microsoft/Apple/Google will definitely not buy BlackBerry because it doesn't make sense for them to do it.
    I don't know if it would make sense for Oracle/IBM either. I am no expert, but it doesn't seem to me that owning a mobile platform would provide more leverage for what they are currently selling to corporate customers. Any ideas from someone in the know?

A merger with a PC manufacturer would be more likely, but I see a problem even in that case. Because the BB10 OS is gesture-based - an excellent design for phones and tablets - porting it to PCs would be probably costly and inefficient - so I don't see much synergies here either (look at Windows 8).
    04-17-13 03:20 PM
    Why not? Even a big fan site like Crackberry puts up Windows advertisements. So if Crackberry can put ads from rival phones that want to destroy Blackberry, why wouldnt you sell for $70? So loyal to Blackberry corporate or brand?
    04-17-13 03:28 PM
    BlackBerry makes all other platforms seem stale...and its not for sale.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 03:43 PM
    The question is not really valid since any company planning a buyout would buy it just above current stock price. With it being at $14 right now. $20 is likely, $30 is possible, $40 less likely, $70 is near impossible.

If someone said they'd buyout the company at $70 right now. BlackBerry (as well as all the major institutional owners) would probably do it in a blink of an eye.

That being said, it's not likely to happen. And any company doing this will probably cause the "BlackBerry" brand to disappear into whoever acquires them.
    I doubt the offer would go far if it were under $40. I think it is worth atleast $40 and Prem Watsa just reaffirmed my thoughts in some of his recent comments.
    04-17-13 06:30 PM
    Yes. More than fair price plus the two companies would be stronger together. It would also shut up the critics and give Google and apple a real run for their money.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:33 PM
    No way. What is the purpose of this thread

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-17-13 06:35 PM
    BlackBerry makes all other platforms seem stale...and its not for sale.

Posted via CB10
    maybe,,, but then again there's always a takeover or buyout,,, everyone & everything is for sale everywhere...
    04-17-13 07:45 PM
    maybe,,, but then again there's always a takeover or buyout,,, everyone & everything is for sale everywhere...
    Yes...I was tongue in checking that one

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    04-17-13 09:23 PM
    OP, Im assuming you're talking about the present, not 5 years down the line?

With that in mind, if someone wanted to offer that high a premium, my first thought would be why? Not in a negative way mind you. If someone thinks its worth that much, why couldn't it be worth more? I would think that given time, the stock price would naturally get that high (if the potential value exists, which is a highly probable scenario under such a circumstance), and possibly even higher. And hell, if it does get that high, maybe someone will offer a similar premium on THAT price later on?

So in short, no i wouldn't sell. The smartdevice market alone is worth a lot of money, and there's no reason to think it'll remain a duoply forever. If there's one core truth to the tech sector, its that it is always changing.
    04-17-13 09:50 PM
    Interesting how this conversation has gone. If you love BBRY, I guess you wouldn't agree to the buyout out of irrational love.

But, if the hypothetical situation was get $70 tomorrow for each share that you have - WHY WOULD YOU NOT TAKE IT???
    An instant return of $55 per share right now when (and even if) BBRY ever naturally gets to that $70 level it could take years. You could take your current instant profits and either: A) reinvest in something else that has great potential or B) go buy yourself a Ferrari.
    Rooster99 likes this.
    04-18-13 12:00 PM
    I would like to see Larry Ellison (ORCL:32.23-) take on Apple. He could probably buy BlackBerry with pocket change.
    04-18-13 12:25 PM
    I will vote yes even with a $30 offer. They can do whatever they want with it, close it, shut it down, dump it. It is just an investment and having irrational feeling and emotion towards it, is just plain stupid.
    04-18-13 04:00 PM
    70$ is a bit unrealistic.. too big of a premium and also it would mean a market cap of over 35 billions... That's a lot of cash.... not even apple would put so much cash in one company. But if it does happen... yeah I would accept considering today's situation there is no way the stock is going there short term.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 04:13 PM
    Lol @ pondering a 70 dollar offer to buy out. First of all not happening. Second this showed how amateur most of the respondents are in the market. Unless you have insider info or really known your stock you always sell at 5 times current sp. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:25 PM
    I would support microsoft buying it if their intent was to replace windows phone with blackberry 10.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    04-19-13 01:43 AM
    Not from the companies listed from the OP. If that happened I think the BB that we know and love would be lost. I think that Berkshire Hathaway would be the only win/ win for both sides as the Oracle of Omaha tends to leave strong management teams intact in his acquisitions.
    04-19-13 01:53 AM
    Yes. Screw loyalty, for that much markup, I'll throw in a condition that requires me to use whatever phone the buyer wants for a year.
    04-19-13 10:35 PM
    I can sell all my shares to the OP for $35. Today. Then he/she can sell them to whoever for $70 for a 100% profit.

Am I stupid or is this thread stupid or what?
    04-20-13 03:39 AM
    lack of apps???!!! i guess 100k of 'em ain't enough...
    Tell that to someone who owns an iPhone and has native Skype, Netflix, SoundHound, SoundCloud, Viber, Pandora, Temple Run, GTA III and Vice City etc etc.
    04-20-13 08:32 AM
    I hope BlackBerry makes an offer to take the company private

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-20-13 01:09 PM
    What do you guys think? What if the offer was $30, 40, 50, 60, or 80?
    I would. $30. $40. $50. $60 and definitely for $80.
    06-16-13 08:43 AM
49 12