So you expect every opinion and notion to go unchallenged in this world? By that logic, everyone's separate opinion must also go unchallenged. Where would the world be today... this is in reply to the first half of your first paragraph.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 12:38 PM
    Brainploads... you are joking, right?

Don't confuse value and price.

Posted via CB10
    well, we can take value to our graves, what matters is price
    06-12-13 01:21 PM
    well, we can take value to our graves, what matters is price
    In the long term, price follows value. Blackberry is definitely growing shareholder value through initiatives already stated in this thread.

No company on earth controls share price. You need to adjust your logic. Markets control price.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-12-13 01:56 PM
    Because of the fanatics and low lifers?
    06-16-13 09:06 AM
    Dude.... I can see that you have something agains the OP but why are you going and blanket responding to all the threads he's started? Some of them have been dormant for over a month. Give it a rest please.
    _dimi_ likes this.
    06-16-13 09:14 AM
    Sometimes I think that Blackberry management is still living in the past when they were great!

If I ran the place I would dump the entire PR team and replace them. I have to wonder if TH does not think that PR matters as I do not think he is stupid!
    The pr crew was let go a month ago.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    06-16-13 09:22 AM
    In the long term, price follows value. Blackberry is definitely growing shareholder value through initiatives already stated in this thread.

No company on earth controls share price. You need to adjust your logic. Markets control price.

Posted via CB10
    Yes....and the shorts control blackberry. Its been like tht fkr 2 years now. You think something is going to change?

06-16-13 09:24 AM
    Yes....and the shorts control blackberry. Its been like tht fkr 2 years now. You think something is going to change?

Actually up until last fall/late summer, it was purely BlackBerry's performance and investor and consumer uncertainty that drove the price to where it was. The short interest then was relatively low compared to where it is today. It has only been the last number of months that the short interest has managed to suppress the SP. As the price of the stock has risen, so has the short interest. They are starting to lose control as they are having a harder and harder time keeping the price down as more people are seeing the value in the price.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-16-13 09:41 AM
    Yes 100% the shorts more then doubled at the same time the sp went up a phenomenon you don't see. Who would short a company that's selling well below book value with a couple of new well selling products out and services to boot? The shorts are so desperate they have threatened fund managers for upgrading BlackBerry. Something criminal is happening behind the scenes

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mrfreetruth; 06-16-13 at 11:41 AM.
    06-16-13 11:16 AM
    Yes 100% the shorts more then doubled at the same time the sp went up a phenomenon you don't see. Who would short a company that's selling well below book value with a couple of new well selling products out and services to boot? The shorts are so desperate they have threatened fund managers for upgrading BlackBerry. Sometimes criminal is happening behind the scenes

Posted via CB10
    The sky is probably falling too

06-16-13 11:35 AM
    If I say anything remotely critical of how BBRY and its management is doing the worst job possible in terms of PR and IR and improving the perception of Blackberry, a lot of die-hard fans totally devoid of reason and logic.. go on a vicious attack on me. But what are they doing to attack the rest of the investment community who is giving such a low valuation to BBRY and essentially implying that this management is awful. This stock trades below book and that ij my opinion is a nvery big insult to the management and the board, a bigger, harsher indictment than I can possibly imply. And this has been going for a long time, I can understand short term movements being irrational but this is an ongoing fact.

If this management team and the board inspired confidence, there is no reason this stock should be rtrading below 40-60 range given all the wonderful technology it has. I will continue to hold my shares because inherent value of BBRY is far higher than the price but management ahs to change thinsg to drastically improve perception. When the stock was at $20, the management team (under Mike and Jim) said that that was unacceptable and they need to improve shareholder value... and what do we have now?

Perceptions do matter, they even shape reality. BBRY has great assets, best technology, they need to work on how it is perceived.
    I try to be as factual as possible.
    What kind of team would have performed like Thorsten, Frank and Alec (to name few) ? A sick one ?
    I know there's a lot of frustration, we'd all love to see fireworks and parades. But, at the end of the day, only one thing matters: get the work done and stick to the plan.
    Please remember RIM (as they used to name) was a dying company with a #1 priority : stay alive. They had cash, but the drain was obvious if nothing was done. Rules have been set, tracks have been drawn; expenses had to be lowered and productivity raised (see CORE and supply chain optimization programs). On the P.R side, focus has been given to the "social sphere", hands-on and one-to-one demos.
    Doom and gloom articles have been flushed already; the "DOAs", the "too little too late" and all the stuff alike have been busted. Hard busted. Sometimes even ... self-busted ! It's working.

Remember Thorsten is not an American, he's German. Like it or not this is going to be sober. And that does not mean inefficient. No sir, not at all. Silent, focus and efficient. No "leapfrogging", no irrational and emotive on-stage explosion.

Stock under book value ? They don't care now. Grab your +$0.x EPS for now, until the financial world just matches facts and reality. As stated by Heins, this is a 3-5 years recovery process.
    Nothing magical to expect and spending piles of $$ in controversial P.Rs won't change much, IMHO.
    Shadow is often a comfortable place, spotlights may generate a LOT of artifacts, that you can barely control.

Cheers,
    SF
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-16-13 at 12:09 PM.
    06-16-13 11:52 AM
    If I say anything remotely critical of how BBRY and its management is doing the worst job possible in terms of PR and IR and improving the perception of Blackberry, a lot of die-hard fans totally devoid of reason and logic.. go on a vicious attack on me. But what are they doing to attack the rest of the investment community who is giving such a low valuation to BBRY and essentially implying that this management is awful. This stock trades below book and that ij my opinion is a nvery big insult to the management and the board, a bigger, harsher indictment than I can possibly imply. And this has been going for a long time, I can understand short term movements being irrational but this is an ongoing fact.

If this management team and the board inspired confidence, there is no reason this stock should be rtrading below 40-60 range given all the wonderful technology it has. I will continue to hold my shares because inherent value of BBRY is far higher than the price but management ahs to change thinsg to drastically improve perception. When the stock was at $20, the management team (under Mike and Jim) said that that was unacceptable and they need to improve shareholder value... and what do we have now?

Perceptions do matter, they even shape reality. BBRY has great assets, best technology, they need to work on how it is perceived.
    The last thing we need is someone on his soapbox thinking we are all stupid as to how blackberry is handling business!!!! You thinking us fans and lovers of blackberry think it's all hunky dory is as stupid as you thinking your negative rant is going to make us all agree and throw our blackberry devices out!

What would be more beneficial would be some benefit as to what they are doing right to help users, like for example how I can go to youtube, grab a link, then open youtube to mp3 converter and paste the link, let it convert and then download it straight to my music folder without itunes!

Way more useful than post number 6899 about negativity!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:02 PM

Yes. Sooner or later. In the meantime, this have a very limited influence on commercial performance. They don't have much room let to operate now.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-16-13 at 12:16 PM.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-16-13 12:03 PM
    What would be more beneficial would be some benefit as to what they are doing right to help users, like for example how I can go to youtube, grab a link, then open youtube to mp3 converter and paste the link, let it convert and then download it straight to my music folder without itunes!
    You will be disapointed This is illegal and BB won't facilitate that, hopefully !
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-16-13 12:04 PM
39 12