06-16-13 09:38 AM
43 12
tools
    Short sellers manipulated the stock as well. They saw all the big things BlackBerry was showing off, apple and Google told them to immediately sell to make everyone scared and doubt them.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 03:17 PM
    Savingblackberry please explain to me your theory how a new PR department and IR department would help shareholders?

As a shareholder myself, my biggest concern (which is also the biggest share price driver) is any companies ability to make money going forward. If you believe BlackBerry can continue to grow then you should buy their shares. If you think they won't be able to make money going forward than sell them.

I personally understand the company to have made leaps and bounds in the right direction to make more money, which in turn will drive earnings, profits, and share price.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 03:29 PM
    Who cares. Sell through numbers on phones and numbers on enterprise adoption of BES10 reported in the June report are what really matters, and what will sort out the traders, shorts and longs. Shorts believe the business model is flawed and longs believe the company is coming back. Only time will tell.
    Did they not say today that 12.000 companies are using BES10 already? Am I the only one who heard this?
    matthewriedle likes this.
    05-14-13 03:33 PM
    Thors public speaking might be terrible but it's not why the stock falls. He makes these stupid remarks about free bbm for all and no mention of how to generate revenue. He did the same when carrier fees were axed and didn't explain how they would recoup the money. It took him months to tell us and still wasn't clear. He needs to stay inside his office. The big problem with all the bbry leaders is they think they are rock stars. They are company men and have no business trying to be pr.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:02 PM
    The stock is obviously manipulated.
    The only solution is to invest on medium to long term if you have trust in the company.
    ______

Well spoken. If you invest for the short term you are gambling. And yes, you can make money gambling, but it's not for me.
    05-14-13 08:06 PM
    Well my theory is they made BBM multi platform because BES 10 is going to be cross platform. Maybe a singular means of communication between different devices/OS's would be better for the companies using BES 10. The revenue could be generated by iOS and Android devices using the BES 10 services would compensate for the lack of revenue generation from the Xplatform BBM. But that's just my 2 cents.
    05-14-13 09:04 PM
    Always an excuse to rationalize low stock price. Problem is that IR department should go out and get a broad and deep shareholder base. Pathetic that such a great company trading for peanuts.
    You should just get out of BBRY. YOU are so ......yawn, yawn.....
    05-15-13 10:20 AM
    If you don't unveil a plan to take over the US market the US Stock Market reacts negatively, since after all, the US is the center of the Universe. In any case, the only announcements that really matter are the quarterly reports.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 11:19 AM
    - There wasn't much insight into mobile computing.
    - No new tablet or even Playbook BB10 announcement
    - R5, while useful for emerging markets, likely has low margins and while it may help brand erosion it can also cannibalize some of their own BIS revenue.
    - No new medium/high end phone for markets with the Z10 and Q10 already. It's safe to say Z10 interest is dying down, so we're really just relying on the Q10 until Christmas (Artisto). This is a lot of pressure on 2 devices to carry the load, especially when the mighty iPhone comes around, possibly with a revamped UI.
    - Delay on Q10 launches in US.
    05-15-13 04:31 PM
    him being a boring person probably have nothing to do with the stock going down, its the fact that every interview or event he did so far is a disappointment. no one understand the direction hes going, and hes super vague about stuffs.

for example, his vision on mobile computing. who the hell knows what he is talking about? how can any investor see his point of view when he himself is not explaining it very clearly.

stock goes up when investors believe in a company. they need a better vision on how to make a profit so people can believe in them.

ppl need to stop making stupid speculation or claims that ppl got a random vendetta against BBRY and trying to take down the company by shorting it. theyre shorting it because they dont believe the company will generate money and its going south. nothing to do with anything but that.
    05-16-13 11:31 AM
    BBRY is one of the only companies, I have seen, that can have a huge pep rally and announce so much and their stock tanks!

Oh well, let hope we can recover before they do it to us again!
    Similar to the Toronto Maple Leafs, eh
    05-17-13 05:18 AM
    That's fine. The more the shorts hold this stock down, the more I can buy. When BB10 sales are announced at the next quarterly meeting I'm sure we'll see a jump.
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-17-13 05:27 AM
    the street was hoping to get some sort of indication how sales has been doing. They didn't provide any so investors are selling off... as simple as that.
    If the street was hoping for that, the street wasn't paying enough attention to AnalystCat. She warned them not to expect any numbers yet.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-17-13 11:39 AM
    Did you buy any today?
    05-17-13 03:47 PM
    I think BBM being cross platform will have the biggest positive effect on the share price, but as it's difficult to see how something free gets monetized the share price has fallen. I'm sure they have a cunning plan for that!
    When BlackBerry announced BBM apps for iOS and Android, it sent the message that every major mobile platform (Microsoft, Google/Android, BlackBerry) has apps in Apple's App Store.

Meanwhile, Apple has not one app of theirs in any other platform store.

The media is seeing this as a "If you can't beat em, join em" strategy.
    05-20-13 11:47 AM
    When BlackBerry announced BBM apps for iOS and Android, it sent the message that every major mobile platform (Microsoft, Google/Android, BlackBerry) has apps in Apple's App Store.

Meanwhile, Apple has not one app of theirs in any other platform store.

The media is seeing this as a "If you can't beat em, join em" strategy.
    What Apple App would you want to see in Blackberry App World?
    05-20-13 01:31 PM
    The whole PR and IR department should be fired. They are totally useless.
    Maybe Heins shouldn't speak at any public event.

Do you have any suggestions who to take over the PR and IR dept?
    06-16-13 09:35 AM
    Why re-start this thread..

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 09:38 AM
43 12