Just wondering, what's up with that?
    05-17-13 09:37 AM
    Just for you .... from here.

As I mentioned on a previous post, it is my (and many, many others) opinion that the majority of negative Blackberry articles found on investing websites, technology websites and even in main stream media, are not the result of objective, fair and balanced reporting. Rather, I believe the authors of many of the blatantly negative articles are indirectly (or directly) compensated by parties that have an interest in the failure of Blackberry.

There's no question that there has been some pretty heavy trolling on Crackberry over the past three weeks....certainly some of it is naturally occuring, but a number of them appear to be well thought out; not blatantly obvious - almost believable - but in the end, very anti-z10.

Furthermore, I've noted that Crackberry appears to be receiving more press coverage than ever before. Kevin has heavy-duty cred, and main-stream-media has been quoting Kevin and the site like never before..

So.....here's my theory - I'm thinking a number of the new trolls....the reasonable ones, posting reasonable, but still generally negative posts and arguments, are likely paid trolls on a mission. Reviewing a number of their posting historys', there are many similarities....most are relatively new, and claim to be long-term Blackberry users or looking to return to the platform, but every single one of their posts is either neutral or negative in nature.

What I believe is that these posters are planted for use in the near future when the Z10 is released in the U.S........These posters will allow many of the long time negative authors to reference Crackberry, and point out to many 'mixed' and 'negative' reviews of end-users, with the end-goal to take some of the wind out of the sails out of what would otherwise be a very positive product introduction. If the authors can point out that even many 'long term Blackberry users on a 'fan-boy' website are disappointed in the product', it will be much easier to write a negative article without being completely transparent.

I think for many organizations, there are tens - if not hundreds - of millions of dollars at risk if the Z10 is successful. For them to spend a few thousand to help counter this potential success is not only possible, it's expected. Although I agree that positive financials will ultimately win the day, I also believe that sponsoring a negative P.R. campaign will effect the purchasing decision of many, and will result in less-positive financials.

This battle is being waged on many fronts, and I think Crackberry is on the front lines. I hope the Mods take an aggressive stance in countering some of these shenanigans.
    05-17-13 11:29 AM
    I agree there are vested interests -- both short sellers and others (competitors, perhaps) who maybe, IMHO< putting a lot of effort to trash Blackberry. This is so sad but it is what it is and nobody said life, esp. business is fair. The question then is how Blackberry responds? Good guys seldom win, in fact best products dont win always either.
    Its brutal out there with very evil minded people. They have to be dealt with. Part of business, unfortunately.
    05-17-13 12:00 PM
    I agree there are vested interests -- both short sellers and others (competitors, perhaps) who maybe, IMHO< putting a lot of effort to trash Blackberry. This is so sad but it is what it is and nobody said life, esp. business is fair. The question then is how Blackberry responds? Good guys seldom win, in fact best products dont win always either.
    Its brutal out there with very evil minded people. They have to be dealt with. Part of business, unfortunately.
    Have you changed your mind?
    06-16-13 09:55 AM
    The next "big event" is the earning report. If the stock goes down after this.......does it mean the fat lady is loosing up her vocal cords? I doubt this will happen, BB should crush the expectations.
    06-18-13 12:28 PM
    I hold my breath at BBRY ER events and hope no one says anything STUPID!

I know many do not agree but Blackberry needs a PR Makeover!
    lcjr likes this.
    06-19-13 06:38 AM
    I hold my breath at BBRY ER events and hope no one says anything STUPID!

I know many do not agree but Blackberry needs a PR Makeover!
    Who doesn't agree with that?

BlackBerry's PR and Marketing is somewhere between abysmal and non-existent...

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:45 AM