Refusing to buy a $350 smart watch that needs an iPhone to work or refusing to buy a giant ipad doesn't make you Amish.

You're completely missing the point.

Posted via CB10
    Whose point am I missing? I was responding to System Volcker's comments that kids raised in barns and farms were more dedicated to skill-building than technology kids were. I felt like he was sarcastically making a call for us to renounce tech and save our good moral sense, which is threatened by Apple Pay and wearable tech! Hahaha, we can't have that, can we?

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    techvisor likes this.
    09-10-14 10:32 AM
    LOL. Do we have Luddites in the forum? Yeah, let's just all go Amish and forget about technology altogether! That'll keep us globally competitive, right?

Wrong!

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    That isn't the point bro. Apple products are just too much of a thing.

Hehehe
    09-10-14 11:52 AM
    Refusing to buy a $350 smart watch that needs an iPhone to work or refusing to buy a giant ipad doesn't make you Amish.

You're completely missing the point.

Posted via CB10
    I think your point, like the OP, wasn't well made. You'd love for BB to be in the Apple position and wouldn't see the hypocrisy in that stance.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-13-14 09:30 AM
    I think your point, like the OP, wasn't well made. You'd love for BB to be in the Apple position and wouldn't see the hypocrisy in that stance.
    I don't think so...I'm not going to speak for anyone but feel pretty confident in saying most people who follow BlackBerry agree and are are excited for multi platform software solutions. The walled garden approach is an old idea...what worked well before will not necessarily work forever.

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-14-14 07:47 AM
    I don't think so...I'm not going to speak for anyone but feel pretty confident in saying most people who follow BlackBerry agree and are are excited for multi platform software solutions. The walled garden approach is an old idea...what worked well before will not necessarily work forever.
    The "multi platform software solutions" is not much different than trying to find a common denominator on all device configurations. This "solution" has not worked well with the PC industry (aka Windows Viruses) as well as the fragmentation of Android.

The "walled garden" may not be the answer twenty years from now, but it sure is the solution that Apple and BlackBerry gained their successes on.

After 30 years of Windows, the world is fed up with third party "solutions" to problems that never should have existed in the first place.
    09-15-14 12:33 AM
    The "multi platform software solutions" is not much different than trying to find a common denominator on all device configurations. This "solution" has not worked well with the PC industry (aka Windows Viruses) as well as the fragmentation of Android.

The "walled garden" may not be the answer twenty years from now, but it sure is the solution that Apple and BlackBerry gained their successes on.

After 30 years of Windows, the world is fed up with third party "solutions" to problems that never should have existed in the first place.
    So...what your saying is??

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-15-14 05:03 AM

Eazzy Peazzy
    It's how companies make money... If BlackBerry were in a position of power, they wouldn't be sharing BBM, they wouldn't even allow other MDM vendors to manage BlackBerry devices.

While Google has been the defender of all that is OPEN... even they are starting to close the doors to their kingdom in the name of SECURITY. Of course the fact that it will make Google Play the only source for Android Apps in a few years doesn't hurt.

Apple's "walled garden" approach is an old idea.... that is good for the company as long as sales continue to grow. No one can deny that Apple's profits are still heading north.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-16-14 01:53 PM

Eazzy Peazzy
    Even Crackberrians, the most loyal of BB followers, are not in agreement on the use of outside apps. Certainly the Apple approach won't last forever, nothing does, but it certainly isn't hurt their phone sales even one tiny bit.
    09-17-14 08:08 AM
    Even Crackberrians, the most loyal of BB followers, are not in agreement on the use of outside apps. Certainly the Apple approach won't last forever, nothing does, but it certainly isn't hurt their phone sales even one tiny bit.
    IMHO Apple caught the wave...it's a big one so will take time to turn, but it is (and will) turn.

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-17-14 08:45 AM
    IMHO Apple caught the wave...it's a big one so will take time to turn, but it is (and will) turn.

Eazzy Peazzy
    I don't disagree.

One thing Apple has going for it is diversity of product offering though. That helps offset any major changes in the mobile landscape.
    09-17-14 08:52 AM
    Apple has market share
    (ie North America) but nothing else. The lack of innovation has been noted.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:33 PM
    Apple has market share
    (ie North America) but nothing else. The lack of innovation has been noted.

Posted via CB10
    Yesterday was the first time (during iphone launch) that I heard NOBODY Talk about the iphone. Yes the paid media talked about it a little but if it wasn't for that I would never have known. Apple can only continue to play catch up for so long. Iphone6 users welcome to 2012.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 10:50 AM
    Yip they're missing the point. But the mere fact you need one to work the other is an indication of the self serving nature of the company. Apple has always been about the bottom line. I don't need my watch or phone to tell me when to get or stay healthy, I'm sure there were no smartphones when centenarians we coming up, and what ? They're 100+, clearly they're missing the point.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-20-14 03:34 PM
38 12